Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Missing Gem, anyone? Gem Confirmation

Rhino Keeper
    TL won't give back gems you lost in traps.
    This game has the worst gemtraps. I just bought a pig and a gate as soon as I could before all gems were gone. I suggest that when you get new gems from goals, or decide to buy gems, you don't try to save them.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by benbever View Post
    TL won't give back gems you lost in traps.
    This game has the worst gemtraps. I just bought a pig and a gate as soon as I could before all gems were gone. I suggest that when you get new gems from goals, or decide to buy gems, you don't try to save them.
    Yes,agree. Especialy if you have fat fingers like me ......

Executive Chef
    Has teamlava ever made a statement on this issue?

Rhino Keeper

Gem traps

I know it has been said before but I just wanna whine for a little to accidentally speeding something up for 22 gems

Executive Chef
    You'd think TL would have learned by now... people won't be enticed to spend money on gems if they're easily taken away from them over things like this. I've fallen into gem traps more frequently in this game than others I've played by TL.

Banned
    I guess they've got gem traps down to a science now, fine-tuned and dialed in!

AGREE I been caught with that a lot of times so given up buying gems. the notification about speeding up is so close to what you need to tap and there is no second request ie are you sure etc. I tried zoomimg so it was bigger but that didnt help.

Rhino Keeper
    Yep, fine tuned. Just spent another gem trying to insert charge cable. "just don't hold it that way".

Banned
    I know several people who stopped wasting their money on gems because they got fed up with the gem traps. All TL has to do is add a confirmation when spending gems. It's not hard to do. But as we all know, there's a reason they don't and won't. We'll see how that pans out in the long run though.

Host(ess)
    I get a bit annoyed when I fall into a "gem trap" but it's the same kind of annoyance as when I run into a Goomba in Mario Bros... I just think "well, that was a stupid move". And honestly, it's about the only element of Team Lava games that require a hint of dexterity, so I can live with it. It probably helps that I only ever buy gems for a specific purpose and spend them almost immediately (eg, buying a second nest in Dragon Story), so the only gems I've lost to gem traps were ones I'd won from various quests. I might have a different attitude if I'd lost gems I paid for. (Hey, here's a thought, how about a "spend gems?" confirmation button that only gets unlocked if you buy gems with real money?)

I assume TL don't put in a confirmation for spending gems because they want us to spend more gems (and hopefully buy more), which I can understand in an established game like Restaurant Story. But it puzzles me in Castle Story, where they are clearly still balancing gameplay (changing max energy level, crafting ingredient amounts, etc.). You'd think they would want as accurate stats as they could get regarding what causes people to spend more gems (which I'm assuming is the ultimate goal of their optimization... finding a balance between players buying a lot of gems to help with gameplay, and players leaving in frustration because it's become too tedious.) If players are falling into "gem traps" as often as people here say they do (and I certainly do), TL is getting awfully skewed usage statistics.

Just the optimization nut in me, I guess.

Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast