Quote Originally Posted by sarreiwei View Post
So, my issue with the neighbor gifting thing is that limiting severely decreases the value of having numerous neighbors. The only value now to having a lot of neighbors is when you need to request items from neighbors. Once you reach a certain point in the game there aren't very many of those. The social rating is more to get neighbors so there isn't as much value there either after you have a large number of neighbors.
I'm all for helping other people, which is why I keep all the neighbors I have and help them when I can. But, again, with the gift limiting there isn't a whole lot I can do for them.
For any wanting neighbors for glimmer dust, keep two to three patches of mushrooms or mushroom circles. Just visit them two or three times a day during your collection rounds, even when you do not need glimmer dust, and you will quickly gain a stockpile of dust for when you need it.
I have about 40-45 neighbors, and I feel the same way about the diminishing value of having lots of neighbors at Lvl 30 and with 20 neighbors unless you can send/receive more gifts (you can still cap it at 20 like in RS since not all neighbors will be able to respond each day before reaching their limits). Even when requesting items for a goal, you're capped at 20 so there's not much incentive in having more than that if you have very active neighbors. I suppose earlier in the game, it helps to have lots of neighbors to visit since you might get XP, but that stops being useful when you've maxed out at Lvl 30. The 5 coins you might get instead of XP is way too low for me to bother adding new neighbors except to replace those that have stopped playing.