Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How the game *REALLY* works

latimus

Lightbulb important piece missing in calculation

first of all great work done. however did you consider the following

for crops you need consider plowing cost too

Nfavor
    Thank you. Since plowing is a fixed exp/cost for any type of crop, I chose not to include it. None of the profit or exp numbers are close enough that factoring these would in would make a huge difference.

Quote Originally Posted by latimus View Post

Last edited by Unregistered; 05-23-10 at 07:04 PM.

Farmer Grud

Angry I'll repeat myself!!!

Quote Originally Posted by latimus View Post

I DID include plowing cost in my spreadsheet about 6 post back. Here I'll repost my previous post...

The following spreadsheet takes into account the 1 point of experience you get for plowing the ground as well as the $10 it cost you. I have put the crops in order of how long it takes them to ripen in my spreadsheet as I find that to be a better order then their store order.

***Please note however, this spreadsheet does NOT take into account the time it takes to plow, plant and pick your crops. It does its calculations as if you were able to plant INSTANTLY again as soon as your crops were ripened. For instance: it assumes you can plant 60 raspberries in an hour because they ripen in 1 minute, however that would truthfully be an impossibility due to the time lost from plowing, planting and picking.

Also PLEASE show off your farm in my thread at...
    https://forums.teamlava.com/showthrea...w-Us-Your-Farm!!!
    Last edited by Unregistered; 05-23-10 at 09:53 PM.

Nfavor
    Grud, as many of my critics will state, "your calculations are invalid since you have not taken plowing time into consideration."

I quote only for irony and not validity.
    Last edited by Unregistered; 05-23-10 at 08:04 PM.

latimus

Thumbs up Thanks and Sorry

I noticed later - thanks to ascending sort of this forum

Happy Farming
    Latimus

Quote Originally Posted by Farmer Grud View Post
    I DID include plowing cost in my spreadsheet about 6 post back. Here I'll repost my previous post...

The following spreadsheet takes into account the 1 point of experience you get for plowing the ground as well as the $10 it cost you. I have put the crops in order of how long it takes them to ripen in my spreadsheet as I find that to be a better order then their store order.

***Please note however, this spreadsheet does NOT take into account the time it takes to plow, plant and pick your crops. It does its calculations as if you were able to plant INSTANTLY again as soon as your crops were ripened. For instance: it assumes you can plant 60 raspberries in an hour because they ripen in 1 minute, however that would truthfully be an impossibility due to the time lost from plowing, planting and picking.

Also PLEASE show off your farm in my thread at...
    https://forums.teamlava.com/showthrea...w-Us-Your-Farm!!!
    Last edited by Unregistered; 05-23-10 at 09:53 PM.

Shaw
    Quote Originally Posted by Nfavor View Post
    Grud, as many of my critics will state, "your calculations are invalid since you have not taken plowing time into consideration."

I quote only for irony and not validity.
    I'm just gonna let this one insult itself.

Nfavor
    No comment on my reply to your "accuracy" post?

Quote Originally Posted by Shaw View Post
    I'm just gonna let this one insult itself.

Gunregistered

Good times. Thanks.

I knew it was only a matter of time before someone tried to make a much more open, free and creative game than the S8 stable unfun. MUST. MAKE. THE. MOST. MONEY. PER. HOUR!

Unregistered
    I dont think the time factor is that really big of a deal when you are planting. Maybe for the strawberries and raspberries, but other plants not so much. The reason is because i can usually plow and plant the entire field in under 2 min or so. And when talking about plants that graw for 4 to 8 hrs, it really doesent have that much of an impact.

If you really want to compare a 4hr plant with 8 hr plant, then yes obviously you will loose couple mins planting the 4hr plant. but again it doesent have that much of a impact. No one is gonna sit there and plant and pick right on the dot.

you are bound to loose time from doing other stuff too. I did make my own sheet, but i did a little bit differently. But by far the best plant is cabbage for me. People are saying Black cur. But i dont see it.

DK

HOLY **** - I must correct myself I had the wrong cost for the Black cur. Yes it is the best crop and not cabbage.
    Last edited by Unregistered; 05-24-10 at 09:25 AM.

Farmer Law
    Nfavor,
    The crucial mistake you are making is that, although plowing is a set cost, it is NOT a set percent cost. If plowing cost the same percent for all crops, then you would be correct that it can safely be excluded. However, it is exactly because it is a set cost that it MUST be included for your numbers to be accurate. I understand if you are just too lazy to correct your spreadsheet because it is "good enough"...that's fine. But your dogged arguments that it does not need to be included because it doesn't matter seems to indicate that you just can't admit that you were wrong or that you don't understand the basic concept of percent vs. amount.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123