Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829 LastLast

Thread: Glimmer dust

New Resident
    Pls anyone can gift me glimmerdust daily? I will gift back the same. Storm8 ID: qidichen.
    Thanks a million!

Executive Chef
    Everyone keeps saying "glimmerdust, once you are done with Ivy's hut you don't really need it anymore".
    So once I finished Ivy's hut and went for the tablet I was shocked to see I needed even more glimmerdust to finish that goal.
    Indeed, so far I have needed it for lots of things and even if I manage to have what I need it is only because getting GD still is one of my main tasks

Superglue is used a lot, alone or to craft builders paste. One bottle requires 4 GD.
    Enchanter's essence needs 5 GD. One essence is required for one enchanted beam or block and to brew a potion of clarity.
    Builders paste requires 3 superglues, so 12 glimmerdusts.

I have been reading the forum and searched through maguar's amazing guide and so far I know of the following buildings or goals requiring you to use glimmerdust:

Ivy's hut: 40 GD + 8 superglue = 72 GD
    Stable: 3 superglue = 12 GD
    Tavern: 5 superglue = 20 GD
    Magic forge: 4 superglue = 16 GD
    Tablet: 10 magic inks, each 10 GD = 100 GD
    Conservatory: 4 superglue = 16 GD
    Observatory: 8 superglue = 32 GD
    Magic garden: 2 potions of clarity = 10 GD
    Windmill: 3 builders paste = 36 GD
    Theater: 3 builders paste, 3 enchanted beams, 3 enchanted blocks = 76 GD
    Cathedral: 5 enchanted beams, 5 enchanted blocks = 50 GD
    Thurston's fort: 3 builders paste = 36 GD

That makes a total of 476 glimmerdust, 402 without Ivy's hut, so be ready

That said, once you are done with the magical garden and Thurston goals and built the cathedral (unlocks at level 22), you can forget about glimmerdust. Until the next update at least

I hope this information is useful to someone.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by arale_norimaki View Post
    Everyone keeps saying "glimmerdust, once you are done with Ivy's hut you don't really need it anymore".
    So once I finished Ivy's hut and went for the tablet I was shocked to see I needed even more glimmerdust to finish that goal.
    Indeed, so far I have needed it for lots of things and even if I manage to have what I need it is only because getting GD still is one of my main tasks
    I think part of the thing with everyone saying "once you've done Ivy's Hut it's not such an issue" is that some of these quests etc came out pretty late in the game. A lot of the high level players already had most of their buildings done and expanded to the tablet before they got Ivy's Hut. So for them it was true Glimmerdust wasn't such an issue past Ivy's.

Your summary on Glimmerdust amounts is really handy. I think it will help people what what they want to do.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by maguar View Post
    I think part of the thing with everyone saying "once you've done Ivy's Hut it's not such an issue" is that some of these quests etc came out pretty late in the game. A lot of the high level players already had most of their buildings done and expanded to the tablet before they got Ivy's Hut. So for them it was true Glimmerdust wasn't such an issue past Ivy's.
    Thanks maguar, now it makes sense! You should be named Guardian of the forum or something like that, you are always there answering to everyone

Nightclub Owner
    Thanks maguar, now it makes sense! You should be named Guardian of the forum or something like that, you are always there answering to everyone
    Thanks. I love this game. I want people to be able to love it as much as I do so if I can see something that helps I'm more than willing to do it.

Rhino Keeper
    Yep, I second that. I think it's really easy to love the game, but not all of us have the patience and dedications maguar has for helping fellow kingdomites. Thanks for being so supportive; having you in the forum is part of what makes this game social and fun ^_^

New Resident
    Thanks for the tip from mushrooms. Add me and I send dust daily! Tbtm1214

Rhino Keeper
    Sorry if this has already been posted, just skipped to the end, but you can also get GD from slaying Glimmer Trolls and from Sir Pigglesworth. You get it more often from the Trolls as they pop up often.

Rhino Keeper
    ... Oh and items such as Super Glue and Builders Paste get dropped occasionally from Adventures which saves on having to use Glimmer Dust and saves on the time required to craft them.

Hi,

I'm new to the forum.Currently i'm building the Ivy's hut but i dont have the feature to request for glimmerdust from friends..It takes forever to collect the glimmerdust. Any suggestions??