Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: New dawn for android/kindle fire

Farm Supplier
    Sorry.. i guess i overacted...
    I am sad but there are worse things in life than not getting the dragon story expansion. My apologies to those on this forum...

Rhino Keeper
    i thought that i will lend my parent's credits card to buy some gems if i can update the game. But now: never

Would be so nice to have parity for android just one time but guess that will never happen....funny how we get the price increases in all the TL games at the same time but none of the new stuff. News flash - Apple doesn't run the world, just the TL world.

Farm Supplier
    So I've done some thinking about this, and given the fact that a new iPhone just came out, it does kind of make sense that they'd push out such a huge update for the iPhone even though the android version wasn't ready yet. You have to strike when the irons hot, and I have noticed a lot more newbies playing the game this past week. That being said, that's also not been the excuse for leaving android users out in other updates TL has done on their games in the past, so who knows.

Personnally, I'm not going to give up just yet. I'll give them a week or two to get the android version out before I uninstall and start spending that gold money on something more worthwhile. If next week's update turns out to be iphone only too it'll be a whole different story though.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsteve03 View Post
    So I've done some thinking about this, and given the fact that a new iPhone just came out, it does kind of make sense that they'd push out such a huge update for the iPhone even though the android version wasn't ready yet. You have to strike when the irons hot, and I have noticed a lot more newbies playing the game this past week. That being said, that's also not been the excuse for leaving android users out in other updates TL has done on their games in the past, so who knows.

Personnally, I'm not going to give up just yet. I'll give them a week or two to get the android version out before I uninstall and start spending that gold money on something more worthwhile. If next week's update turns out to be iphone only too it'll be a whole different story though.
    I think the problem is: android have many screen sizes, TL have to work to make the game fit with different screens. So maybe next week or next 2 week the game can be updated for androids

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by azychan View Post
    I think the problem is: android have many screen sizes, TL have to work to make the game fit with different screens. So maybe next week or next 2 week the game can be updated for androids
    Don't count on it. I think they are shafting Android users AGAIN. The original DS Game took a while to come to the Android Market and didn't have the features of the iOS game. Took forever for the new version to appear with the same iOS features (island goals, etc). Now we are being shafted once again in waiting forever for this update. I'm getting more frustrated and feel like giving up. I've bought gold which gives them money. It's a fun game (aside from all the constant crashes and restarts) but they are loosing customers over this big time.

Fashion Designer
    How long did it take them to port the original Dragon Story to Android anyway? I think it might take them around that long to port the new Dragon Story.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jrodt333 View Post
    How long did it take them to port the original Dragon Story to Android anyway? I think it might take them around that long to port the new Dragon Story.
    Shouldn't take any time if they are using proper multi-platform coding practices. NO REASON they can't release at the same time. NONE...ZIP...ZERO...NADA!

Banned
    We got a "bug fix" update today which doesn't fix any bugs. Supposed to fix a lot of the "force close" issues, but app is still force closing even after update :-( Keep giving us the run-around. We're not impressed!

I've been a developer, there is no reason for this .
    Last edited by kooky panda; 09-21-12 at 12:33 PM. Reason: inappropriate word

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by tonguelashing View Post
    We got a "bug fix" update today which doesn't fix any bugs. Supposed to fix a lot of the "force close" issues, but app is still force closing even after update :-( Keep giving us the run-around. We're not impressed!

I've been a developer, there is no reason for this []
    Yeah, update didn't do anything. But it means that they're still acknowleding Android's existence, which is better than nothing. Not that I'm saying I'm happy with TL.
    Last edited by kooky panda; 09-21-12 at 12:32 PM. Reason: edit quote-inappropriate language

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast