Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 303637383940

Thread: Prices for clearing foliage/expansions

Quote Originally Posted by PernReloaded View Post
    Yes, it does cost quite a lot when you're starting out, and still is fairly costly when you're a higher level. The difference is that after a certain point - when you've leveled your dragons enough/ have some fairly rare dragons that give lots of coins (the level this happens varies from player to player, obviously) the cost of clearing things becomes a lot less painful on your income. It can make it rather tough to start out but I promise it gets easier.
    Ok thank you. I'll try to hang in there ����

Oh boy....800k for a big tree! I never even had that on my ds bank ��

blehhh. i came here hoping for a guide for the cheapest places to expand... I'm so broke right now with this event, but I'm out of space! TTnTT

I'd also like to know if i't still a good idea to keep expanding on the dawn tree island because those are getting up to just under 1mil coins and i'm not really making that much money even with the luck to breed a diamond.
    Vampires Live || Dragon Story || Castle Story || Bakery Story || Restaurant Story || Fantasy Forest Story

I stopped playing Pet Shop and Zoo because the prices were too high for it to be fun for me; sorry!!

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by panpanpandy View Post
    blehhh. i came here hoping for a guide for the cheapest places to expand... I'm so broke right now with this event, but I'm out of space! TTnTT

I'd also like to know if i't still a good idea to keep expanding on the dawn tree island because those are getting up to just under 1mil coins and i'm not really making that much money even with the luck to breed a diamond.
    The problem is that the more you expand - period - the more expensive it gets to free up the land for clearing later. No matter where you expand to, the game takes into account how much you've expanded so far.

Foliage-wise, The dawn tree island was probably the least expensive area I cleared, though there were one or two sections that were unbelievably pricy (that just under a million coins price). Going to the edges of the other islands does net you some foliage that is cheaper to clear to begin with, so that might help price-wise.

If you're not already doing this, I do recommend getting your dragons up to Epic level - or at least level seven or eight - to help offset some of the costs. I think right around when I was clearing the Dawntree Island, I started gaining enough coins that it became easier to both expand and grow food, so I think you're getting close to the tipping point.

Quote Originally Posted by PernReloaded View Post
    The problem is that the more you expand - period - the more expensive it gets to free up the land for clearing later. No matter where you expand to, the game takes into account how much you've expanded so far.

Foliage-wise, The dawn tree island was probably the least expensive area I cleared, though there were one or two sections that were unbelievably pricy (that just under a million coins price). Going to the edges of the other islands does net you some foliage that is cheaper to clear to begin with, so that might help price-wise.

If you're not already doing this, I do recommend getting your dragons up to Epic level - or at least level seven or eight - to help offset some of the costs. I think right around when I was clearing the Dawntree Island, I started gaining enough coins that it became easier to both expand and grow food, so I think you're getting close to the tipping point.
    oh, thank you, that's good to know at least!!

I've been trying steadily to get my dragons' levels up, but I'm kind of stuck on my Hammerhead Dragon because it takes a few days of hard farming just to feed him once now that he's level 9. but, i mean, once i finish... in like a month... i'll have a super rare epic that i didn't have before. so! i just hope it isn't like that for... all the dragons... because that is a ton of food.
    Vampires Live || Dragon Story || Castle Story || Bakery Story || Restaurant Story || Fantasy Forest Story

I stopped playing Pet Shop and Zoo because the prices were too high for it to be fun for me; sorry!!

Fashion Designer
    Thankfully, commons and rares are definitely not too difficult to Epic after you've worked on a super rare XD Super rares that came in early in DS are far less difficult to Epic (Diamond took less than half of what You'll need to Epic that Hammerhead, for instance). But you can't know which ones those are without some research, and breeding them is a whole other ballgame. Rares and commons would be the easiest to Epic for you atm, though the super rares to level seven should net you the coinage you need.
    Last edited by PernReloaded; 12-17-14 at 02:28 PM.

Ohh, that's good to know, actually! I have a few more Supers from lucky breeds, the Halloween event, and a very generous spin or two when the wheel was active, so if I can get those up to ~7 i can get the cash to expand, upgrade my farms, and plant the big crops to help the others along! :>

i think i have... two? maybe three feeds left on the hammerhead and good god it feels like such slow going;; maxed out on farms and two of them are fully upgraded but i can't usually afford anything but the big farm crops, though with the new event i'm actually bringing in rushrooms as i can afford them.

I did get lucky enough to get a diamond, though! I'd read on the forums that it's easier at lower levels, so i started as soon as i possibly could. but the little bab is only level 6 right now -- got him evolved for potential emergency breeding, but that evo time. wow. holding off on another evo until i'm comfortable with my progress on the world event.

i think i got off topic ANYWAY i'm going to try the other side of the dawn tree island -- i did the upper-left corner a while ago for the goal so I don't remember how much that one cost, but moving right, the next two or three have all been just under a million for each clear, and the obstacles covered the ENTIRE square. i see a few little bits of foliage in the one on the other side, though, so i might be able to clear that one a little easier! it'd be nice to get all my non-farm buildings onto the dawn tree island so i can have a little more leeway for my habitats...

EDIT: i have four feeds left on the hammerhead. i'll hold off on that until i get a better income going... TT^TT9
    Last edited by panpanpandy; 12-17-14 at 06:47 PM.

Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 303637383940