Thread: Diamond dragon and then what...?

Diamond dragon and then what...?

Everyone's trying to get their hands on this thing to be able to breed the next series of hybrids but I'm finding it entirely useless now that I have one. I must have tried breeding a Crusader 500 times and every time, every single time, it results in a Fire dragon. I also tried it with my Air dragon and it gave me another Air dragon. Breeding it with any of the hybrids just gives you the most common breed of that hybrid. I'm beginning to think all the hype surrounding this particular dragon is just hot air. It's a cool looking dragon for sure but as far as breeding goes it's pretty lame.

Rhino Keeper
    It got to the point where there was no way else to proceed in the game unless you had one, to then try for the hybrids. Once you have all of the dragons, there is nothing left to do in the game - there is very limited decor to make things pretty, and once you hit the max # habitats, there's no point in clearing the rest of the islands (for many).

TL has just recently added in other not-diamond dragons.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonolic View Post
    It got to the point where there was no way else to proceed in the game unless you had one, to then try for the hybrids. Once you have all of the dragons, there is nothing left to do in the game - there is very limited decor to make things pretty, and once you hit the max # habitats, there's no point in clearing the rest of the islands (for many).

TL has just recently added in other not-diamond dragons.
    But my problem isn't having all of them. My problem is, despite having the Diamond, I can't breed any of its hybrids. It's like an impossible feat, like winning the lottery jackpot or something. It was a challenge breeding other dragons but usually after several (many) tries it worked. The diamond hybrids however seem to be unattainable, and that makes me feel like I've reached a dead end in the game.

Unless I'm doing something wrong in which case I'm interested to know what.

Fashion Designer
    Keep at it. It took me hundreds of times to get a couple of the hybrids. It's worth it for the coins though.

Rhino Keeper
    you can look at it another way - what you're going through right now is the same thing 90% of the rest of us are going through in trying to get the diamond itself. no matter how many times we try, we can't get it, so are stuck.

but at least the fire is only 30 seconds to breed, so 500 failed attempts is really only 4 hours wasted. which is less than one attempt for the rest of us *shrugs*

Ok, this is encouraging. Because I honestly gave up thinking it's not possible to breed any of the hybrids using the ordinary fire, water, air or forest dragons. I have no problem trying 500 times, it's just I don't want to try something that's pointless. Those who got the hybrids what dragons did you use with the diamond?