Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: rude, ungrateful neighbors

Quote Originally Posted by life77 View Post
    I'm gonna add u! I am like u. I get so frustrated with demanding nbrs. A nbr I've had for a while, I guess woke up on the wrong side of the bed this particular morning. She posted that if I couldn't clear my tables at a reasonable time of day she would have to remove me bcuz she hates to revisit a place more than once. Now.... First thing... I had to read it, re-read it, & read it again. I was thinking.. Is she serious? I politely went to her wall & posted "it's called sleeping" I'm not dedicated to this game 24/7, I do have a life. It was 330 am my time when she posted that! Lmao.. What's really funny is that a week before, she was asking ppl not to delete her bcuz of network issues. I could've been really unreasonable & deleted her bcuz her star level dropped and I only want nbrs who have 3-4 star ratings.. Needless to say she got deleted with the quickness. But um... Some of these ppl need to learn some respect. I'm so tired of being nice.
    Yep. That's my new policy. Get too serious and I'm deleting your butt.

Farm Supplier
    I pretty much accept requests send gifts daily and tip daily especially to those who tipped me and all my 3-4 star nbrs. I had a nbr who asked to be added (this is on a Friday) we tip each other on Saturday by Sunday she had deleted me because she said I was inactive!! Crazy right but whet gets worse is that she asks me to add her again 10 hours later.

Rhino Keeper
    So glad I found this thread. I am getting so tired of passive aggressive nghbrs who give me {}. I don't require much if my nghbrs, you don't have to tip all th time, but at least tell me when you tip. A quick t or something, you know?? I do this for my nghbrs. I understand not everyone can. When I plyed on android doing anything took forever so I truly get tht. But ppl get SO bent out if shape if I delete because I haven't seen them on my wall, they thake it so personally! Not just the young players too!

It really bothers me because I'm a super sensitive person. I never wan to hurt anybody and it hurts me when ppl get upset when it's a simple case of incompatible playing styles.
    Last edited by greygull; 08-20-12 at 10:56 PM. Reason: Inappropriate language

Quote Originally Posted by life77 View Post
    I'm gonna add u! I am like u. I get so frustrated with demanding nbrs. A nbr I've had for a while, I guess woke up on the wrong side of the bed this particular morning. She posted that if I couldn't clear my tables at a reasonable time of day she would have to remove me bcuz she hates to revisit a place more than once. Now.... First thing... I had to read it, re-read it, & read it again. I was thinking.. Is she serious? I politely went to her wall & posted "it's called sleeping" I'm not dedicated to this game 24/7, I do have a life. It was 330 am my time when she posted that! Lmao.. What's really funny is that a week before, she was asking ppl not to delete her bcuz of network issues. I could've been really unreasonable & deleted her bcuz her star level dropped and I only want nbrs who have 3-4 star ratings.. Needless to say she got deleted with the quickness. But um... Some of these ppl need to learn some respect. I'm so tired of being nice.
    When a place is full i just post "full" and move on. If she lets me know when clear, i tip. If i can't get back, i will try again tomorrow. It's nothing personal, I'm just busy. At least an attempt was made. Feels so good to vent about this. I don't take the game seriously, but impatient, demanding neighbors get to me sometimes.

Host(ess)
    I'm in the majority with you guys. If someone's restaurant has nothing but spoiled food, a "0" rating, and their wall tells me that they haven't been active for 4-5 weeks, I hit the remove button. I play this game to relax--I really do--but when people can't reciprocate with tipping every now and then, sending a gift once in a while, IN ADDITION to ignoring your question "hey, are you still playing??" -- I can't be bothered with that. I have a full-time job, kids, husband, and a house to take care of. I don't want a lot of unfriendly neighbors clogging up my neighbor list.

Oh, and since I have the floor (hee hee) here is another pet peeve of mine. I TRY to remember who wants food and who wants parts. But I can't get it right 100% of the time. I tipped food to a "parts only" neighbor the other day and she said "I told you before I only want parts." GEEZ LOUISE!! I prefer to receive food but if I get parts, I don't complain about it. So if someone gets snooty with me about receiving food when they wanted parts, they can go bye-bye and get their parts from somebody else.

Thank you for allowing me to vent!!!

Host(ess)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hespeth View Post
    I pretty much accept requests send gifts daily and tip daily especially to those who tipped me and all my 3-4 star nbrs. I had a nbr who asked to be added (this is on a Friday) we tip each other on Saturday by Sunday she had deleted me because she said I was inactive!! Crazy right but whet gets worse is that she asks me to add her again 10 hours later.
    LMAO OMgosh, that same thing happened to me. This is to funny. I am seriously cracking up. Not laughin at u, but her. Idk wat to say anymore bout these ppl.

Host(ess)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathy6464 View Post
    I'm in the majority with you guys. If someone's restaurant has nothing but spoiled food, a "0" rating, and their wall tells me that they haven't been active for 4-5 weeks, I hit the remove button. I play this game to relax--I really do--but when people can't reciprocate with tipping every now and then, sending a gift once in a while, IN ADDITION to ignoring your question "hey, are you still playing??" -- I can't be bothered with that. I have a full-time job, kids, husband, and a house to take care of. I don't want a lot of unfriendly neighbors clogging up my neighbor list.

Oh, and since I have the floor (hee hee) here is another pet peeve of mine. I TRY to remember who wants food and who wants parts. But I can't get it right 100% of the time. I tipped food to a "parts only" neighbor the other day and she said "I told you before I only want parts." GEEZ LOUISE!! I prefer to receive food but if I get parts, I don't complain about it. So if someone gets snooty with me about receiving food when they wanted parts, they can go bye-bye and get their parts from somebody else.

Thank you for allowing me to vent!!!
    I totally agree with u. Although I do ask for parts only, I get food gifts. At first I got a lil annoyed by it, only bcuz I was trying to build. And some of these same nbrs have certain request as well. So my thing is why ask for someone to send something particular if u can't do the same... I just decline the food, and keep it movin, but at times I do ask on their wall if they could gift parts if im building. I believe in being the kind of nbr to others that I'm looking for. I'm never rude to anyone, it is just a game. lol the other day, one of my "good nbrs" or so I thought, all caps me lol bcuz she had posted on her wall that she needed only the parts for the ice cream machine,... Now, I couldn't remember which parts it used being that I have all mine built. So trying to be a good nbr, went to sehana website (awesome site by the way) and looked at the machine so I could help her out. Sent her what I could, she let me kno how tired she was of getting these parts and if I sent her another one she would remove me. She never re-posted that she had built the machine, it wasn't displayed in her place, so I didn't kno. I jus let her kno that I would happily help her out by removing her from my list to save her the trouble of having to remove me. So that's what I did.

Host(ess)
    Quote Originally Posted by gb88888 View Post
    I used to follow the 3-4 star rating for keeping neighbors. Until I realized that some of my best neighbors are 0-2 stars. A low level star rating doesn't necessarily mean they are a bad neighbor. it just might mean they keep few neighbors and take very good care of them! As long as they come to visit/tip and gift when they can - I really don't care the number of stars they have. About every other month I try to keep track of who comes to call. If someone doesn't visit me for a couple of weeks (without a reason)- then I delete them. I used to keep 50-60 neighbors. I prefer to keep about 30-35 now. That way I can also be a good neighbor!
    I'm coming to that same realization. I made a desicion today that I'm revamping my list of nbrs. I know that some of my 3/4 star nbrs don't tip or gift me daily. I must admit I got caught up in that whole idea of if they are high star rating that meant they tipped daily as I do. But that's just not the case.

Host(ess)
    Quote Originally Posted by gb88888 View Post
    you go life77!! All caps=all gone.....
    lol, with the quickness

Fashion Designer
    Been playing this game about 14 months. I have about 130 neighbors. I just recently started playing BS.

I usually tip from my wall. I just don't have the time to tip all of my neighbors every day. If I have the time, I will browse through my neighbor list and randomly tip people.

It usually takes me a long time to remove people, even if they have zero stars. I figure what the heck, maybe they're taking a break or whatever. I do have zero star neighbors who send me gifts. They are quick on the draw!

I ignore all demanding "add me" requests. Not using "please" makes it a demand.

I can't keep track of what each neighbor wants. What am I, a mind reader? If you post what you need on my wall, or send a request from inside the box, I will send it to you. Otherwise, I send Stew to lower level players, and a generic, regular part to everyone else. Lately I've been sending Stew to all: the quantities on the new recipes have devastated my buffet!

Right now, I'm barely keeping it at 3 stars. I like your relaxed attitudes, folks. If you want an easy-going, non-demanding neighbor (whose level may drop from time to time), please feel free to add: 3squares

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast