Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: rude, ungrateful neighbors

Rhino Keeper
    Well I'm going to add to this also its bugging the you know what out of me lol.Neighbors gotta love em lol.I friended a new neighbor about a month ago right.Immediately she leaves me 3 messages on my wall about tipping and gifting OK I said to myself as small red flags went up.She apparently got my I'd off the forum which I don't mind at all its my choice to accept or not.So anyway I get up every morning very early to tip and gift because I'm playing 5 count them 5 stormy games to visit and gift.A couple I have over 40 count to visit.So I stop every single day to tip her and gift her a part.I get a post everyday!! about her tipping only from her wall and she's still and I say still looking for good neighbors. Well OK then,but today was the last straw I had 3!! Posts from her about tipping again and gifting only parts.I quickly visited her she's full lol I was so upset I of course unfriended her wouldn't of minded much but she put a caution sign along with her message on my wall like she's threatening me lol.Well that didn't go over to well at all.I said to myself no wonder you're always looking for "good" neighbors.I felt angry unappreciated and just plain mad lol.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonWished View Post
    Yes, 'cause Yikes! If you've never witnessed a contest-gone-rogue on Fashion, you can use your imagination. Yikes!
    Lol. I quit Fashion years ago so I haven't seen the "yikes" at all. Lol. Thankfully!

Quote Originally Posted by sally_brown View Post
    That would make perfect sense, but that's not going to be the situation for a person who's adding people accidentally, because they wouldn't be adding people at all. (I guess unless their mom was only allowing them to add people they knew.)
    That actually was the case. She was only allowed to add people she knew and who were authorised by her mother, so when someone happened to become her friend, either because she had accidentally added the person or the person had sent her an invitation, she practically freaked out on the person's wall. I found her "freak out" post so funny I had to go visit her wall to see what was really going on. Must have been a lonely game for her, really.

Rhino Keeper
    I would be ticked, too. I ASK that my neighbors leave a note on my wall when visiting, but I don't delete those that don't tip/don't leave messages. I only delete those whose accounts seem to be totally inactive (which is why on BS, RS, and DS, I don't take neighbors under level 20 anymore - a lot of times they play only long enough to get the gems from playing the game to a certain level, quit the game, and don't have the decency to delete their neighbors before they delete the game - which I did on both RS2 and Castle Story recently when it came up for gems - delete the neighbors I had, that is).

What I really don't get is the people who are really hardcore and expect you to tip and gift every single day. I mean, this is a game! It is supposed to be played for fun but some people get so serious and flip out... over $120 gold coins. What can anyone do with that? The funniest part is that the game rewards people who tip their neighbors. The more you tip the more money you earn when the game resets. I am lvl 98 and I have been experimenting with this since lvl 54. The door to my place has been closed for the past 44 levels and I have no issue running the game like normal with no income other than kickbacks from being a good neighbor.

I'm still trying to figure out how to delete my bad neighbors

Now that I've been adding new neighbors I have found a lot of great ones but have come across a few rude ones.

I got a message today from a 20 something level player (keep in mind I've been 99 a while): "Accept gift request first! And never self gift! It's annoying to receive gifts you don't want!"

I calmly replied I've been playing for years and don't appreciate being told what is right and wrong. I have accepted there are many different playing styles to this and BS, but my main goal is to have fun. I try to accommodate when I can sending things people post on my wall, but otherwise I bulk gift, it would take too long. And I don't think they understand the game yet that the requests are seperate.

But I agree with the sentiment of posts here, it's annoying to come on and get yelled at. So from now on I'll delete those neighbors. Please only add me if you are laid back and enjoy playing the game

I hope there are others here who play for enjoyment as well
    Proud Owner: Dolphin Palace
    Play often, help w/ requests & gifts. Looking for 1-2 40+ to exchange wisps I have great neighbors I gift but they?re often full. I gift back in order so it would be 1-2 days

Love the game & aesthetics, want it to look real/fun & true! During quests sadly aesthetics put aside for collections, but happy when over. Have expansions to improve as well!
    Still part of the confirmation button club!

Life is more fun if you play games" - Roald Dahl 

Quote Originally Posted by lizziedarcy1 View Post
    I'm still trying to figure out how to delete my bad neighbors

Go to neighbors list and click edit, from there you can delete
    Proud Owner: Dolphin Palace
    Play often, help w/ requests & gifts. Looking for 1-2 40+ to exchange wisps I have great neighbors I gift but they?re often full. I gift back in order so it would be 1-2 days

Love the game & aesthetics, want it to look real/fun & true! During quests sadly aesthetics put aside for collections, but happy when over. Have expansions to improve as well!
    Still part of the confirmation button club!

Life is more fun if you play games" - Roald Dahl 

Grand Emperor
    I usually meet nice players on the several tl games. But over the years I do meet a few really weird ones whom I immediately delete. I don't believe in talking it out with the especially dramatic weird ones (they don't speak common sense, so no point talking). I recently cleared a few neighbours who didn't play anymore and decided to add a few to my several hundreds. Recently during my intake, I met this super weird player. I tip and gift everyday. Although I gift max, I still gift her without receiving back. I leave complimentary generic posts on her wall like most active level 99 players do. One day out of the blue, she just went weird and left angry posts on my wall. It was puzzling to be attack when I have not said anything nasty to her or anyone. It's of no wonder that her wall doesn't register active traffic if she acts this way. Anyways I deleted her and brush the incident off. We meet all kinds of people in cyberspace. Just gonna be smart to keep the nice ones and avoid the few nasty ones.

Rhino Keeper
    Been playing s8 games for 5 years so I've seen a lot, but it's getting worse for some reason.. My ultimate favorite was a nbr who deleted the majority of her nbrs because they posted on her wall over a weekend when she asked them not to.. Seriously... Get real... Get a life... Happy to say she eventually deleted me for Lord only know why lol...

Oh I'm so glad I'm not the only one with this issue. I've been playing stormy games for years, and currently am playing SIX of them, with well over 40 neighbors in most of them. I tip every day, and leave messages on the walls of the neighbors I've had the longest or the ones that leave me nice messages, but I run a small business out of my house and raise three children and have a life to live. I've deleted those that leave rude messages on my wall (like in Fashion... "stop sending me shoes. I accept handbags only.) Like, really? I remember that one specifically because I gifted her the handbag she requested then deleted her, and the next morning I had a message that was like "Thanks for tipping let's be neighbors, friend." I laughed hard at that one. I love my games and my neighbors, but sometimes I just look at my walls or the walls of others and have to shake my head
    I'm an active player currently ACCEPTING NEIGHBOR REQUESTS. I try to keep a 4 star rating, and log in every day to tip/like/dance/help and gift. starbuck79