Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Meet your new neighbor, Stormie!

PonyRoar, thank you for letting us know Stormie now moves down the list. Can you tell us if TL is going to give us a delete option or if we're wasting our time telling them how much we want it? Surely they've decided what they're going to do by now. It would certainly be appreciated if they could let us know or if we're harboring false hope. Communication goes a long way for making us feel like respected adults.

My games are on hold pending this decision and when I went in to FS to delete my "full" comments so that my neighbors could still see my post about being on hold, I noticed there was a sale on gems. I was waiting for one so that I could purchase some of the new content. I've spent more money than I'd care to add up since I've started playing. I love my little games, I'm proud of what I've built and I want to get back to them. But I really, really want to know what TL thinks about our displeasure at not being able to delete Stormie and what, if anything they'll do- it's time to let us know.

Admin Community Manager [S8] Elsa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverLadyGrey View Post
    PonyRoar, thank you for letting us know Stormie now moves down the list. Can you tell us if TL is going to give us a delete option or if we're wasting our time telling them how much we want it? Surely they've decided what they're going to do by now. It would certainly be appreciated if they could let us know or if we're harboring false hope. Communication goes a long way for making us feel like respected adults.

My games are on hold pending this decision and when I went in to FS to delete my "full" comments so that my neighbors could still see my post about being on hold, I noticed there was a sale on gems. I was waiting for one so that I could purchase some of the new content. I've spent more money than I'd care to add up since I've started playing. I love my little games, I'm proud of what I've built and I want to get back to them. But I really, really want to know what TL thinks about our displeasure at not being able to delete Stormie and what, if anything they'll do- it's time to let us know.
    Sorry, but I can't speculate on updates to the game or changes to features. The community team will continue to review feedback and pass it along to the appropriate parties.

Now that he moves down the list, what are everyone's thoughts?

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by tdogwombiechef View Post
    1. If you have good neighbours then you're guaranteed to have your requests fulfilled
    2. You must be a neighbour who requires no maintenance ie dont need to tip YOU or gift YOU back! Great! And the point of having you as a neighbour is??.............
    1. I don't have a lot of great neighbors, but going through the lists and checking to see if they still play, notifying that i'm going to delete them if they aren't, and then later purging the lists, and then finding good neighbors to take their places, takes time I usually don't have. Neighbors quit without telling me all the time.

Second, it's no guarantee that even my neighbors who are still active will always accept requests--people get sick, go on vacation, etc.

2. Of course I gift and accept requests every day! I'm not one of those rude neighbors who is obviously playing (from their progress) but does nothing for their neighbors. But because these things take time is precisely why I like Stormie. You can't assume I'm a rotten neighbor because I like having a computerized one I don't have to spend time on.
    And no, I DON'T want people to tip me. Tipping back takes too much time for virtually no reward (as I high level player, I have no use for a few coins and xp.)

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by PonyRoar View Post
    Sorry, but I can't speculate on updates to the game or changes to features. The community team will continue to review feedback and pass it along to the appropriate parties.

I still want the option to delete him. For those that have been saying that TL is feeding us a line on WHY we really have Stormie, you aren't helping yourselves by quickly giving the option of him moving down the list instead of the option for delete at the same time. It just makes it seem like TL wants everyone to have Stormie regardless to how we feel about having him.

It should be OUR choice as to who we have as a neighbor, not TL's. TL forcing Stormie on us just makes it look like he is there for nefarious purposes, no matter what you state. If we don't WANT the help, and want to make the game harder on ourselves, that is our perogative.

Just my .02 worth, which I know is actually worth -.02 in TLs mind lately.

Rhino Keeper
    Make him deletable. Most have no use for him. Think, now, you have to have a constructable on the floor to generate a "Request".

I haven't had a constructable on my RS floor in a long, long, time. it's a parts distribution system, that also cooks and serves food.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by cakeandpie View Post
    1. I don't have a lot of great neighbors, but going through the lists and checking to see if they still play, notifying that i'm going to delete them if they aren't, and then later purging the lists, and then finding good neighbors to take their places, takes time I usually don't have. Neighbors quit without telling me all the time.

Second, it's no guarantee that even my neighbors who are still active will always accept requests--people get sick, go on vacation, etc.

2. Of course I gift and accept requests every day! I'm not one of those rude neighbors who is obviously playing (from their progress) but does nothing for their neighbors. But because these things take time is precisely why I like Stormie. You can't assume I'm a rotten neighbor because I like having a computerized one I don't have to spend time on.
    And no, I DON'T want people to tip me. Tipping back takes too much time for virtually no reward (as I high level player, I have no use for a few coins and xp.)
    WOW....... Cakeandpie you sound like a great neighbor to me. It doesn’t bother me if someone cannot tip or gift daily people have things to do.
    I gift daily, mainly parts and I tip every now and then.... I rarely ever write on walls unless I am responding to a post or your gifts are maxed for that day. I have a heavy schedule and playing these games is relaxing for me. I usually visit the forum on my breaks and some evenings and weekends. I am midlevel player..... but I play for relaxation and fun.

Nightclub Owner

My issue isn't that he was at the top of the list. I just would like to know why he's there in the first place. Must be a very important reason.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnDede View Post
    I haven't had a constructable on my RS floor in a long, long, time.
    Before someone corrects me, Yes I often have constructables on the floor..... Till I hit the build button.
    Should have said they're not sitting there waiting for parts.

Executive Chef
    A bitter and lonely state of cruelty and injustice
    I do not see Stormie as a problem, but what I do see as a problem is TeamLava's priorities.

Update! Stormie now moves to the bottom of your neighbor list after you visit him and gives a visit bonus just like your other neighbors. This is in addition to his other benefits like granting parts requests and allowing you to increase your Social Rating when you visit!
    I see nothing big to this "update." It's just like a regular neighbor. When you said visiting bonus, I thought you meant like more coins or more XP than original, maybe even 1 gem. But he's just like visiting another neighbor. I thought he was supposed to be great.

Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast