Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Neighbor Etiquette

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by marybeth808 View Post
    Level 23, somewhat newbie here. What's the etiquette on inviting/adding people from the forums? I've been pretty actively trying to get a bunch of new neighbors and thought that aside from the Add Me sticky, going through the forum to find experienced players would be a good way to get neighbors I can visit and get restaurant ideas from… but I don't want to irritate anyone with my invites!

Is there a limit to the number of Neighbors you can have? Or is it bothersome in some way to have newbs in your neighbor list?

Thank you!
    I don't think I'd ever be annoyed at neighbor req from people off of the forums, provided they read my posts and try to add me bec they have a similar playing style as I do.
    For instance, I recently had a person add me off the forums on bakery and restaurant, and they had two accounts each. Even if they missed my preferences on the forum, my wall clearly states what kind of player I am. They proceeded to send me red gears on restaurant and paint on bakery, bec that's what they needed. Many people like to have neighbors just gift them what they need and they'll send it back, but I don't play like that. To have a new neighbor assume or hope that ill send them back their preferred gift just left a bad taste in my mouth, especially when I make a point to tell all new neighbors if they need anything to let me kno on my wall or to post on theirs what gift they'd like. Needless to say, all four accounts were deleted. I don't have time to explain something I've already explained one million times. o.O

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by zZ_guera_Zz View Post
    For instance, I recently had a person add me off the forums on bakery and restaurant, and they had two accounts each. Even if they missed my preferences on the forum, my wall clearly states what kind of player I am. They proceeded to send me red gears on restaurant and paint on bakery, bec that's what they needed.
    They probably sent those to you because that was what the new appliances required

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by marybeth808 View Post
    Ah ok, that makes a lot of sense. Since I started getting neighbors, I've been trying to figure out what is the best thing to gift. I have neighbors all over the place, so that makes gifting more challenging, since more advanced players tend to want parts, and the lower level players lean towards food.

I'll try to be a good neighbor, no matter what! I'm pretty pleased with how great this little community is
    Not all advanced players want parts. I take both parts and stew...so it really is just about finding players who want the same things that you do...who play in a similar style to you.

And, by the way, play how YOU want to play, not how others expect you to play. Play to have fun! Don't allow this to become a chore

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyrae View Post
    They probably sent those to you because that was what the new appliances required
    Well, yes, of course. However, I've been done building appliances since the second day of goals. I think it's always nice to ask what people need, instead of assuming, or simply not caring at all whether or not a gift is needed and only sending gifts you need. Jmo..

Host(ess)
    Since I'm pretty new and don't have a ton of neighbors, I like to visit each one to tip, see what they have going on in their restaurant, check out their wall to see if they have requested something specific there, and gift based off of that info. I imagine it will get tougher to do that as I add more and more neighbors. I can't wait until I'm farther along!

Rhino Keeper
    Oh, most definitely it will get more difficult! That's why I only keep 20-30 neighbors at any given time. That's as much as I can possibly handle. Lol It's better to have a handful of great neighbors than a hundred not-so-great ones, I think

Fashion Designer
    im fairly low maintenance. i want parts when goals are up, and i dont mind food at all. however, i do hate it when i get seasonal parts that doesnt build things i need. dragon scales are the worst in bs, haha. those are automatically deleted. however, if your goal is to get through goals quickly, im a good neighbor for that. i dont care too much about tipping as i have millions of coins and tipping doesnt amount to much per day for me.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by zZ_guera_Zz View Post
    Well, yes, of course. However, I've been done building appliances since the second day of goals. I think it's always nice to ask what people need, instead of assuming, or simply not caring at all whether or not a gift is needed and only sending gifts you need. Jmo..
    Alas when new appliances come out you will always have people sending those parts. I usually just delete the ones i don't need and take the ones I do. Even though i was finished building the dim sum oven pretty quickly I still keep taking red gears because you never know when you will need them again

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by chewytwix View Post
    dragon scales are the worst in bs, haha. those are automatically deleted.
    Dragon scales are the absolute worst. Lol. I still remember when that dragon came out and so many of us bought a ton of them thinking they were some superduper special effects decoration. Ha!!! Lol. What a debacle that turned out to be!

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyrae View Post
    Dragon scales are the absolute worst. Lol. I still remember when that dragon came out and so many of us bought a ton of them thinking they were some superduper special effects decoration. Ha!!! Lol. What a debacle that turned out to be!
    LOL! Just can't stop laughing when I recalled back the olden days. XD You know that dragon is epic! Same goes to the mermaid.
    ★ MiNiDeMoN ★
    ✿◕ ‿ ◕✿ Always expect the unexpected to happen in TeamLavaLand.✿◕ ‿ ◕✿
    Proud member of the 0 Star Club!
    ❤♡❤♡❤♡❤♡❤♡❤♡
    > Sorry, no longer accept neighbor currently. All invitation will be declined. < Thank you!

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast