Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread: Neighbor Etiquette

Some people block their doors while they restock their counters. A blocked door doesn't always mean that the person is inactive.

The Honorable Panda
    Quote Originally Posted by RosiesYummerzz View Post
    Can you remove a neighbor request if they don't accept you or decline your invite?
    You cannot remove it, but if not accepted or declined, it will delete after 7 days.

https://forum.storm8.com/showthread.p...ill-Now-Expire!
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

Dead Accounts and Low Star Players

I've been playing for about I'm not really sure how long but a long time but I just got back into it on a daily basis recently. I had fallen away from the game due to life and such but due to major medical problems I'm wheelchair and bed-bound and don't have much else to do and so I've come back recently since I'm home 24/7. I've got a bunch of neighbors but since I found this forum a mix of them are new ones and old ones so I have a ton of dead accounts and active ones. Would it be wrong of me to delete all my neighbors and then post here after I've done it so that those that are daily active players and willing to add me back can do so. I just feel it's a waste of my time to visit shops of people that don't play and wont ever visit me back especially since I'm playing FS, BS and RS so I need neighbors that can answer parts request for BS and RS and most of the time I never get them and I would like to visit and like clothing racks or tip tables and actually get it in return because if you don't get the return tip then the whole things a waste and with 100+ on each game it's such a hassle when so many aren't even playing anymore.

What do you guys thing if cleared everyone of and reposted my ID would you guys readd me if your a DAILY ACTIVE player that answers requests and tips and kind of has a star level of 2-4. Or is this something I shouldn't do should I just delete all one start players?

LOL sorry for the long post

Host(ess)
    Hi

I have never been one to delete all of my neighbors. That would just be unfair to those that do play and answer requests and tip daily. Also, not everyone on RS, BS, FS, etc check these forums and would know who you are. What I think you should do, and what most people do is go through your neighbor list and check in with every neighbor. This process would take a bit of time, but you said you're home 24/7 so it shouldn't be a big problem. I call it monthly neighbor clearing. Clearing out neighbors that do not play anymore, and making room for new daily playing neighbors. Hope this helped.

Rhino Keeper
    Seems like an overreaction

Rhino Keeper
    If I was starting back after a long break I would take the time to go through all my neighbours and delete the ones who are obviously not playing (first make sure you find out what the recent updates/goals were to help do this). The next step would depend on how that worked out.

I'd leave a note on my wall saying I was back, asking for a bit of time to get up to speed. When I visited active neighbours, I'd post on their walls, again saying I was back and trying to get up to speed and ask them what they prefer as gifts, and what my preference was - this could be a copy and paste job.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by BuddyB111; 02-23-15 at 04:05 PM.

Rhino Keeper
    One easy way to find out how much a neighbor is playing the game is by seeing how much his or her level changes in a month's time. Record the neighbors' name,level and date. (May be too much work if you have hundreds of neighbors)Check back in a month. If the level is the same or maybe up just 4 levels, he/ she is very inactive. If level has increased 15 or more, he/she is very active. This won't help with level 99 neighbors since one can't level up from there. Of course this doesn't tell you how well they send you gifts or reply to requests but it's a rough idea of how often the neighbor is playing. Also remember that time zones affect the ability to send gifts. Many neighbors are full on gifts even when I try to send very early in the morning, so don't use that as the only factor in keeping a neighbor. I don't want to spend my time keeping track of who sends gifts or checking the news feed for who helps with requests and the news feed is limited in number of posts so not every request will necessarily show there, so I rarely delete neighbors. I also have many active 0-1 star neighbors who just don't have time to tip or speak a different language so don't like to post on my wall.

New Resident

neighbors

To my neighbors I am really disappointed in my neighbors this is a game for personal entertainment I gift all my nbrs every night and I send all materials requested from my nbrs daily, now I play all the story games so I don't always have time to visit my nbrs daily. My nbrs don't visit me all the time either but do I not gift and send materials daily. Lighten up it's a game! If you don't want to send gifts or materials I need to play the game then delete me as your nbr! I play to pass my time not to pass your time...so I visit as often as I can and I do try to visit once a week. If you're not playing the game any more than empty your room it helps those who play not waste time.

Nightclub Owner
    I'm not sure if you're aware but you can only receive 20 gifts a day. If a neighbor tries to gift you, and you have 20 sitting in your queue (haven't accepted or deleted them yet), then they'll get a message that you're full for gifts. Most people don't continually try to re-gift during the day, and since a new day starts at 12 am Pacific Time, then most likely your neighbors have tried to gift you and you were showing as full.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by nanato12 View Post
    If you don't want to send gifts or materials I need to play the game then delete me as your nbr!

If you're not playing the game any more than empty your room it helps those who play not waste time.
    First of all, if your neighbors aren't playing the game in a way that works with the way you play the game, then YOU should delete THEM. It's not on them to adjust their style to yours.

Second, that would generally be helpful, but you have no idea why someone has left--they may be planning to come back, or just became unable to log in at all, even to put up a msg saying they had to quit.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213