Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Neighbor Etiquette

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by tify74 View Post
    Am I the only one that always seem to be low on nbrs? I find that finding new nbrs is one of the annoying things, however I never tried using the forum for it. Resently I went to the add me forum, but it seemed it hadnt been updated last 3 months, so went back to the random tipping around again.

Ps I like this tread (and forum), its illuminating the things u might get deleted for, and give some nice advise on how to administrate gifting
    Really? The RS Add Me thread seems to have a decent amount of neighbors that have posted things recently, especially in the sticky topic there. Unless it's been a while since you've checked it out. Should be able to get a decent amount of neighbors from there.
    I am no longer accepting new neighbor requests at this time, I have more than enough for now. Thanks!

Farm Supplier
    Stormie gets all the best decoration too....lol

New Resident

Unhappy Please respect others & listen before inviting anybody

I'm so tired to encounter some players who were my neighbors in the past that didn't want to listen to me at all. I had written on my wall clearly..."I only like to have neighbors who will send food &/or tips and won't ask for Parts" but still I got neighbors who asked Parts from me till today. Some of them sent me food for the first time then asked parts for the other time; and some only asked for parts and didn't ever send food/tips. Recently, a neighbor with restaurant name [](level 45 currently) insulted me that I was a child, didn't even know how to play the game properly. I can swear I didn't ever ask for any Parts for anything (including Goals as I only completed goals that could be done by myself alone without asking help from neighbors and ignored those goals that couldn't) but she didn't want to let me had the chance to explain then straightaway blocked me.

I have a question in my mind...How can one person pleases everyone needs/likes? I play the game by my own style -- only cook and decorate, not intend to build anything or to hurt anyone. Is there any wrong with that?
    Last edited by kooky panda; 08-19-14 at 07:34 AM. Reason: removed other players name- privacy

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by xylsg6 View Post
    I'm so tired to encounter some players who were my neighbors in the past that didn't want to listen to me at all. I had written on my wall clearly..."I only like to have neighbors who will send food &/or tips and won't ask for Parts" but still I got neighbors who asked Parts from me till today. Some of them sent me food for the first time then asked parts for the other time; and some only asked for parts and didn't ever send food/tips. Recently, a neighbor with restaurant name [](level 45 currently) insulted me that I was a child, didn't even know how to play the game properly. I can swear I didn't ever ask for any Parts for anything (including Goals as I only completed goals that could be done by myself alone without asking help from neighbors and ignored those goals that couldn't) but she didn't want to let me had the chance to explain then straightaway blocked me.

I have a question in my mind...How can one person pleases everyone needs/likes? I play the game by my own style -- only cook and decorate, not intend to build anything or to hurt anyone. Is there any wrong with that?

Well these games are intended for NBRS to help eachother, especially during goals. If you don't want help from NBRS or you don't want people asking for parts so they can complete goals or build appliances then you shouldn't have any NBRS. Just play solo. You won't get far in the game though playing with no help. I would delete you if I had you as a nbr, helping NBRS during goals is a must and so are building a lot of the different appliances. To almost every player if a nbr doesn't accept part requests, gift goal parts or help to complete goals then they are useless to keep.
    Last edited by kooky panda; 08-19-14 at 07:34 AM. Reason: edited quote
    Add me if you are a high level player who gifts parts only and gifts goal parts and accepts requests during goals! Must do goals so you know what parts are needed! I rarely tip. No tips required. Food gifters get deleted.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by pipipooh1977 View Post
    Well these games are intended for NBRS to help eachother, especially during goals. If you don't want help from NBRS or you don't want people asking for parts so they can complete goals or build appliances then you shouldn't have any NBRS. Just play solo. You won't get far in the game though playing with no help. I would delete you if I had you as a nbr, during goals are a must for help from NBRS and so are building a lot of the different appliances. If a nbr doesn't want to help then they should be deleted.
    Agree. We need neighbors in these games expecially during goals time or to build non related goal appliances. I prefer parts or capp, but if I don't like something just decline.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by xylsg6 View Post
    I'm so tired to encounter some players who were my neighbors in the past that didn't want to listen to me at all. I had written on my wall clearly..."I only like to have neighbors who will send food &/or tips and won't ask for Parts" but still I got neighbors who asked Parts from me till today. Some of them sent me food for the first time then asked parts for the other time; and some only asked for parts and didn't ever send food/tips. Recently, a neighbor insulted me that I was a child, didn't even know how to play the game properly. I can swear I didn't ever ask for any Parts for anything (including Goals as I only completed goals that could be done by myself alone without asking help from neighbors and ignored those goals that couldn't) but she didn't want to let me had the chance to explain then straightaway blocked me.

Although said neighbor shouldn't have called you names when deleting you, you really should keep in mind that your style of playing is maybe less common. There are all types of people playing this game, and I'm sure you can find some who will send food instead of parts if that's your preference, but I personally would find it difficult to remember not to send one particular neighbor no part requests. Also, really, why? It's an honest question, I don't understand, considering fulfilling requests is pretty much the easiest thing in the world. Of course, I also don't understand why you don't ask for parts to finish goals, especially if you enjoy decorating, don't you want to finish the goals and get more stuff?

Also, I don't really find it good etiquette to name your "bad neighbor" in the forums. Most posts just say "a neighbor." But that may just be me, I don't think there's a standard on this.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by twospoons View Post
    Although said neighbor shouldn't have called you names when deleting you, you really should keep in mind that your style of playing is maybe less common. There are all types of people playing this game, and I'm sure you can find some who will send food instead of parts if that's your preference, but I personally would find it difficult to remember not to send one particular neighbor no part requests. Also, really, why? It's an honest question, I don't understand, considering fulfilling requests is pretty much the easiest thing in the world. Of course, I also don't understand why you don't ask for parts to finish goals, especially if you enjoy decorating, don't you want to finish the goals and get more stuff?

Also, I don't really find it good etiquette to name your "bad neighbor" in the forums. Most posts just say "a neighbor." But that may just be me, I don't think there's a standard on this.
    I so agree w u. I've met so many interesting ppl on these games from all over the place. Where else can u b "talking" one moment w a teenager from Saudi Arabia and the next w someone from ur city? It's definitely bad etiquette naming a specific person on here and I'm surprised the name wasn't edited out by a moderator. I'm not sure if I could play this game wo my wonderful nbrs.
    Currently NOT ADDING NBRS SO PLZ DO NOT SEND INVITE
    Thanks,
    Elainecarrel

New Resident
    I knew these games are mulit-players games that required neighbors to help each other but not all that just play for goals and building appliances or whatever, can say most players would ask for parts for anything. I know I can't request so much but at the same time I can't please everyone (I have a hard and busy real life with my family going on), that's why at the beginning I stated clearly on my wall what type of neighbors I like to have before starting to add neighbors but she (my past neighbor) didn't pay attention on what I wrote and sent me her ID to me to add her; I thought she had read and could understand so invited her but in the end she was so unreasonable and rude. When she sent a part for completing her goal, I wrote on her wall (for her to know) that I don't send parts for anything and told her not to ask for parts again. Guess what she replied... She accused me again and again I had used parts to complete goals to level up. I really never used any parts for anything since starting to play the game, I only cook/serve/decorate/visit/tip to gain xp to level up; I only did goals/badgets that could be done by myself then ignored others that needed parts. Whatever explanation I gave, she wouldn't want to listen then she insulted me was a child that who didn't know how to play the game properly, next...she blocked me but I still not yet finished my explanation. Before her, I got met some similar neighbors who asked for parts but just removed each other that's all, no arguments or rude words etc. This is the reason why I wrote her name on here and wrote this post on the forum to let public know to respect others first before wanting respect from others. I think...you don't like to be neighbor with me can simply remove me, I don't mind, no need to write anything rude or nonsense on wall(s), at least to show some respect to people.
    Last edited by xylsg6; 08-19-14 at 05:11 AM.

The Honorable Panda
    Just a reminder: Please do not post another players Storm ID or game name. This is considered flaming and against the forum rules.

When adding neighbors in the game, please remember that not everyone plays the game the same.
    That is why there is an option to remove a neighbor and with some of the games now you can block someone from posting on your wall.

When you run across someone that you feel is rude, the best thing is to not respond back, just remove them as a neighbor and use the block feature (if available for the game) and continue to enjoy the game.
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

New Resident
    Quote Originally Posted by kooky panda View Post
    Just a reminder: Please do not post another players Storm ID or game name. This is considered flaming and against the forum rules.

When adding neighbors in the game, please remember that not everyone plays the game the same.
    That is why there is an option to remove a neighbor and with some of the games now you can block someone from posting on your wall.

When you run across someone that you feel is rude, the best thing is to not respond back, just remove them as a neighbor and use the block feature (if available for the game) and continue to enjoy the game.

I'm sorry. I was very angry that day so I didn't think of that. Thanks for the advice. I agree...not everyone play the game the same way; thus not all players want parts/materials to play the game.

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast