Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Not fun at all...just frustrating.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbux3 View Post
    But when you're trying to advance in a game and you literally have to take one step each week just so you can earn coins is difficult. Plus, there is no way of earning gems in this game yet the gem prices of the content are high! And you cannot gift anything! Plus, TeamLava doubled my gem prices and I think that I'm the only one with doubled prices in that game!!
    I hear you but you don't have to buy gem items. i think there are a number of coin options that are fantastic. Not sure why you have to take a step each week. I downloaded the game on Tuesday and I'm on 47 XP's ( or stars) away from Level 14. I have a mixture of intervals where I earn coins. Some as few as 30 minutes but none longer than 8 hours. Most are in the 30 min to 2 hour range. Granted my coin balance isn't high but its generated enough for me to purchase 19 homes, 6 businesses, 3 communities, and 4 industries (although 1 is in storage until I have a population of 500). Right now I have 400 citizens but will have enough coins by tomorrow to purchase another community and then houses.

Now I've always taken my iPad to work since downloading my first TL game back in January so I've always checked in during the day when I'm on conference calls. Perhaps if your schedule doesn't allow that type of flexibility and you can only check during a 2 - 3 hour window at night then your experience may be different. I really like this game . . .

Fashion Designer
    Correction . . . I have 7 victorian houses that collect every 15 hours. So 7 of my 19 houses are the 15 hour victorians.

The Honorable Panda
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbux3 View Post
    But when you're trying to advance in a game and you literally have to take one step each week just so you can earn coins is difficult. Plus, there is no way of earning gems in this game yet the gem prices of the content are high! And you cannot gift anything! Plus, TeamLava doubled my gem prices and I think that I'm the only one with doubled prices in that game!!
    To advance in the game you do need to be able to come into the game often. If you are limited to only playing once or twice a day, yes, it will take longer to advance.
    I put down the two hour industry buildings and come in and check those every 2 hours and use my energy up.
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

Quote Originally Posted by kooky panda View Post
    To advance in the game you do need to be able to come into the game often. If you are limited to only playing once or twice a day, yes, it will take longer to advance.
    I put down the two hour industry buildings and come in and check those every 2 hours and use my energy up.
    I'm playing every moment of the day. Still not advancing fast enough. Right now I have 11,056 coins and 9 gems. I'm running out of room and need to expand which costs 20,000 coins. That's going to set me back. I also want to buy a few homes to unlock a Business building. But why not buy a community building so I can increase my capacity and then go for a Residence. I hate this. You have to actually plan ahead when in another game, you could just design for the fun of it!

Rhino Keeper
    I deleted it..

Quote Originally Posted by Ronnie0Raven View Post
    I deleted it..
    Well, if you want a City building game by TeamLava, I would redownload it because City Story probably won't get an update until so far down the road. Metro is getting all the attention at this point. So thanks, TeamLava.

Executive Chef
    I deleted city for good (was p,acing with no nbrs. Just redecorating with new stuff now and then) now that it's not getting anymore updates and tried metro for about 10 mins and the promptly quit. I don't like the energy thingy. I don't have time to play it all day and it'll be no fun taking forever to get anywhere in the game.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by ginerp View Post
    I agree, as do a lot of people on the forums, from reading here, but I just saw that it has a four star rating in the app store, so apparently we're in a minority.
    I don't know that we are in the minority. People don't always choose appropriate number of stars. I've read some reviews (of various games) that are quite negative but the moron gave the game 4-5 stars. I don't think people realize that the stars really matter. So I never judge a game by it's stars. I read what people are actually saying. Often it contradicts the number of stars. Why this is such a difficult concept for some people I've no idea.

I've finally reached the required level 15. So I quit this frustrating game.

Fashion Designer
    On level 20 now; still loving the challenge. Thanks TeamLava for a change of pace from the other games!

The Honorable Panda
    Quote Originally Posted by laVirtualCloset View Post
    On level 20 now; still loving the challenge. Thanks TeamLava for a change of pace from the other games!
    I am with you, and I am really liking the game too.
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast