Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Tips and Strategies for Dragon Story - Earning Coin and Gifting

Rhino Keeper
    I kinda did this strategy with Pet Hotel - Adding anyone and everyone I came across until I had a gazillion neighbors. It worked well in the beginning for leveling, making money, receiving gold, etc. but as I had less and less time to play (ie, I hit '30' so I didn't care about xp anymore) and pretty much everyone had settled into gold buddies, having that many neighbors was more of a burden than a good thing. I don't like having so many neighbors that I don't recognize their names as being my neighbors. I tried to fix it in Pet Hotel by removing all my non-tipping neighbors (zero & 1 star) but it was too late so I ended up quitting that game.

So in Dragon Story I'm trying a different strategy. I still have what I consider 'way too many' neighbors, but it's no where near a gazillion, lol. I'm able to visit them all most days and leave fun messages on their walls when I do. I'm resisting the 'gold buddy' system by including everyone who visits me, gifts me (that day or any preceding one still showing up in my 'gift back' list, or just asks for a map (since that tells me they're actively playing) in my random gold gift list.

Right - I've now learnt that there is a max gold that can be received: 20. I think the counter returns to zero at 9 am CET, which I believe makes it midnight California time, which makes sense. I spent all my gold this morning before 9, and I still only have 20.

Which means there is a limit to the efforts I need to make regarding my neighbours. I think I'll stop leaving my code around until I drop under 20 gold per day.

Farm Supplier
    I use most of the same techniques as the OP, but I taking a different tactic than not leaving a post when a farm is full. I leave a quick post of 0. Now, I completely agree with the OP's reasoning for not doing that, but I have found that many players are following people's walls for playing with new dragons, so by putting my farm out there where it can be seen, I believe I am getting more traffic.

It appears to be working, so...

Farm Supplier

Great idea! Linked into the online player network

Quote Originally Posted by CampingTime View Post
    I use most of the same techniques as the OP, but I taking a different tactic than not leaving a post when a farm is full. I leave a quick post of 0. Now, I completely agree with the OP's reasoning for not doing that, but I have found that many players are following people's walls for playing with new dragons, so by putting my farm out there where it can be seen, I believe I am getting more traffic.

It appears to be working, so...
    I like that idea -- staying hooked into the network of active players in the moment is an excellent strategy that I wasn't thinking about when I first wrote this. I still like visiting the neighbors to get the xp and coins, but when I get frustrated with the page loads to full islands, the active network is a great break, and as you say, it feeds more people into my island.

New Resident
    Here's one other tip for finding islands with dragons ready for playing: go to the Community list and go all the way to the bottom of the page. Click on anyone near the bottom who is at least level 10 (below that and they probably only have very few habitats). I estimate that I get to play with dragons on 3 out of 4 islands at the bottom of the list. Also, every 2nd or 3rd time I return to the Community list it refreshes, so there are new islands at the bottom of the list.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by shawa13 View Post
    You can get the maximum number of habitats from the Menu -> Overview -> Profile.
    You can go straight to Your profile by tapping Your purple experience bar.
    Quote Originally Posted by shawa13 View Post
    I only post a message when I play with a dragon (unless I am chatting for fun). For now, I am including my ID in each post, so that people invite me.
    For anyone who types out their id in full everytime, I have a thread that guides you on how to make shortcuts:
    https://forums.teamlava.com/showthrea...-walls-quickly

Farm Supplier
    I was not aware that only 3 people could be sent gold until reading this (this morning) I had thought that there was either a problem or my time zone clashed with my neighbours as to why they were not receiving the gold.

So does this mean in effect that only 3 neighbours can be gifted each day? If so are they any other gifts that can be sent to your neighbours like you can in the other games if they cannot receive gold in the game?

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by shewar View Post
    I was not aware that only 3 people could be sent gold until reading this (this morning) I had thought that there was either a problem or my time zone clashed with my neighbours as to why they were not receiving the gold.

So does this mean in effect that only 3 neighbours can be gifted each day? If so are they any other gifts that can be sent to your neighbours like you can in the other games if they cannot receive gold in the game?
    Yes, we can only send three gold a day. And so far, there isn't anything else we can gift. I just rotate who I send gold to. I have two nbrs that send to me everyday and one extra to rotate to random nbrs who gift me.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by nikky2012 View Post
    Yes, we can only send three gold a day. And so far, there isn't anything else we can gift. I just rotate who I send gold to. I have two nbrs that send to me everyday and one extra to rotate to random nbrs who gift me.
    Thanks I will then have to then relook at how I distribute when sending gold.

Rhino Keeper
    i had no idea only 3 neightbours cud be gifted...i was windering why most of my neighbours were not receiving the gifts...i gues will have to sort out to whom i shud gift now...what is the point of having many neighbours if we cant gift them???i gues the coins make up for this..

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast