Page 5 of 47 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Gifting

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by PinkStarbelly View Post
    I don't know if I'm kind of an downer because it's almost 9AM and I haven't slept yet or if I'm just more realistic. I thought about this thing about gifting food over a week ago, it's only natural if we could because it's an option in other TL games but then I thought more thorough about what that would mean for DS. It's really hard to put food out there because of the fact that the serving sizes varies so much the higher level the dragon is. Since we can only receive 20 gifts a day, what would be the appropriate "food pack" size on the gift? If it's to the lower end, we might have to receive food packs from NBRS a freaking month to feed 1 single serving to our level 9 dragon. If it's to the higher end, we'd be able to level up our baby dragon several levels up by just a day's worth of food packs. Anyone understand the dilemma I'm talking about?? Probably why TL couldn't find an appropriate amount. Hm ..
    Well food gifts in RS and BS are often in the area of an 1-3 hours worth of time to make (not all obviously and this is off the top of my head, not a scientific analysis). So maybe the equivalent of that? Something that is middle ground is that one "recipe" that makes 450 of some fruit I think, but 100 at the bare minimum.

I don't know if I'm kind of an downer because it's almost 9AM and I haven't slept yet or if I'm just more realistic. I thought about this thing about gifting food over a week ago, it's only natural if we could because it's an option in other TL games but then I thought more thorough about what that would mean for DS. It's really hard to put food out there because of the fact that the serving sizes varies so much the higher level the dragon is. Since we can only receive 20 gifts a day, what would be the appropriate "food pack" size on the gift? If it's to the lower end, we might have to receive food packs from NBRS a freaking month to feed 1 single serving to our level 9 dragon. If it's to the higher end, we'd be able to level up our baby dragon several levels up by just a day's worth of food packs. Anyone understand the dilemma I'm talking about?? Probably why TL couldn't find an appropriate amount. Hm ..
    Yes I understand what you are getting at. On the other hand, I don't believe we should be relying on food gifts from our nbrs to pay for the cost of lvling our dragons. Just like how people dislike the fact that you have to pay for any expansion and then clear the shrubs after the expansion, its a part of the game that makes it harder than the rest. Gifts from other people in these mobile games are meant to help us during our play time, not do all the work for us. If they gave us a large or small amount it shouldn't matter we should be happy either way as long as we are getting to gift something other than gold. I will say god forbid they make gifting food in large amount because then we will have to decide between gifting food or good. Because you know **** week TL is not going to give us the option to give gold and a food package of like 500 food. It will be one or the other and personally, I want gold. Food is like XP it something that should be earned...

Farm Supplier
    You just contradicted yourself there by thinking 1 way only. By forcing players to select all NBRS and supposedly encourage people to get more nbrs as it gives a "greater chance" of receiving gold. Well, the thing is - according to the laws of mathematics, the more nbrs a person has, the smaller the chance for those nbrs to receive a gold. So then everyone will keep adding and adding until all players of the game starts living in the same neighborhood, if you know what I'm saying.. And if we're all nbrs, what difference would it really be to not have the option of having nbrs
    I think you are running this out much too far, perhaps. On Farm Story, I have been playing for over a year and only scratched the surface of a game where players come and go. I think most of us would, sensibly, limit our numbers to a certain amount that we can conceivably work comfortably. What I was saying, perhaps not clearly enough, was that we would attempt to build a solid base of neighbors. That said, even from your scenario, there would be a larger chance than I think where people have a clique to whom they always send gold. Perhaps I am cynical, but I have found many people to be insular in their thinking, and I understand that. Again, my main complaint is that I do not like a system that inadvertently promotes a "second tier" system of neighbors.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by moonlightknight View Post
    Many of you may not agree with this solution but I was talking with my girlfriend the other day about this subject. I believe a healthy yet great solution for both parties would be to allow gifting to all nbrs but limit the number of nbfrs. Clearly if DS allows you to have an infinite nbrs then send gold to all friends would make the money making aspect of this game redundent for TL. Now lets say you could only have a total of 15 nbrs Max? Every day the most gild you could get is 15 and that's of course if the people you friended you actually friend back. This would limit the number of gold a person can get and still allows TL to make money because people would then have to invite more friends or actually buy gold. I understand that this option is a bit flawed but with some twiking it could really work. Maybe 10 friends. That means the most you could get is 10 a day. They could also lock your friends list so that once you have friended its for life. This would mean the people you friend have to keep playing. What do you guys think about this solution?
    This solution would not work with the social ranking (4 star/egg). Since there are a limited number of habitats to tip, you need to have a lot of neighbors to find enough dragons to earn social ranik. Locking the friends list would make me leave the game. I have been playing RS for 18 months and don't have any of my original neighbors. They have all left the game, but I get new fun neighbors and the game goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by DAmanding View Post
    Well food gifts in RS and BS are often in the area of an 1-3 hours worth of time to make (not all obviously and this is off the top of my head, not a scientific analysis). So maybe the equivalent of that? Something that is middle ground is that one "recipe" that makes 450 of some fruit I think, but 100 at the bare minimum.
    1-3 hrs for that particular recipe, yes. However, we don't get a full batch, we only get 100-150 plates (200 for things that takes 1 minute). You also have to take in consideration to how much the food we get in BS/RS is worth. I don't play RS anymore so I don't remember how much Stew gives but in BS the highest profit is with Cappuccino worth 500 coins. The worth of 500 coins in BS can't even buy you the cheapest white chair. With other words, it's a small contribution but is not supposed to make a too big of an impact. 100 food in DS, however would. With 100 food you can bring a new hatched baby dragon up to level 5 (which is halfway to epic level already). That's why it's hard to compare and to choose what amount that is "reasonable".

Yes I understand what you are getting at. On the other hand, I don't believe we should be relying on food gifts from our nbrs to pay for the cost of lvling our dragons. Just like how people dislike the fact that you have to pay for any expansion and then clear the shrubs after the expansion, its a part of the game that makes it harder than the rest. Gifts from other people in these mobile games are meant to help us during our play time, not do all the work for us. If they gave us a large or small amount it shouldn't matter we should be happy either way as long as we are getting to gift something other than gold. I will say god forbid they make gifting food in large amount because then we will have to decide between gifting food or good. Because you know **** week TL is not going to give us the option to give gold and a food package of like 500 food. It will be one or the other and personally, I want gold. Food is like XP it something that should be earned...
    Well, like you said about that we shouldn't rely on food gifts to pay for the cost of leveling up our dragons and that is should only help us during playtime. Read my reply above and you'll understand what I mean. 100 food that doesn't do much to a higher leveled dragon can go a lot for a new hatched baby because he serving sizes differed so much the higher level he dragon reach (which I already states in my original post). To address the part I marked in red, I think you're being hypocritical saying we should be happy no matter the amount may be as long as they offer something more than gold. Well, in that case, why can't we just be happy that TL decided to give us gold in the first place (even if the amount was small)???

Alright, I see i have to make this post because clearly people arent reading it. I understand that my idea IS FLAWED. I STATED THAT IN THE POST. If someone would actually take my idea and tweek it a little it wouldnt be so bad. The point of the post was to find a solution to having to put certain players in the position of having to send gold to only a few friends. I know its flawed and I know it makes things difficult but that doesn't mean we couldn't ban together to find a solution that works for everyone.

Well, like you said about that we shouldn't rely on food gifts to pay for the cost of leveling up our dragons and that is should only help us during playtime. Read my reply above and you'll understand what I mean. 100 food that doesn't do much to a higher leveled dragon can go a lot for a new hatched baby because he serving sizes differed so much the higher level he dragon reach (which I already states in my original post). To address the part I marked in red, I think you're being hypocritical saying we should be happy no matter the amount may be as long as they offer something more than gold. Well, in that case, why can't we just be happy that TL decided to give us gold in the first place (even if the amount was small)???[/QUOTE]

OK, you understand that even getting a package of 100 food does absoulely nothing for any level dragon. Here is the math...

A level 1 dragon takes 1 food. 1x5=5. 100-5=95
    Level 2 takes 4 food. 4x5=20. 95-20=75
    Level 3 takes 8 food. 8x5=40. 75-40=35
    Clearly already you can see a package or gift of a 100 doesn't even bring a newborn to evolution level. I'll keep going just to see what a decent amount would be if they even bothered to give us the option of gifting food...
    Level 4 takes 20 food. 20x5=100. 35-100= negative 65
    Level 5 takes 50 food. 50x5=250. -65-250= negative 315
    Level 6 I think is a fair place to be from a gift package. Again because of how leveling works this is level 6 without the evo stage. This means you would still have to put another 500 food into the new born to get to the evolution stage.

To sum this all up. 300 to 350 food seems like a very fair amount to give as a gift. Its not enough to raise an entire family of dragons but it is enough to bring a new born to middle ground.

Alright, I see i have to make this post because clearly people arent reading it. I understand that my idea IS FLAWED. I STATED THAT IN THE POST. If someone would actually take my idea and tweek it a little it wouldnt be so bad. The point of the post was to find a solution to having to put certain players in the position of having to send gold to only a few friends. I know its flawed and I know it makes things difficult but that doesn't mean we couldn't ban together to find a solution that works for everyone.
    I'm sorry if you feel hurt because people are pointing out how your solution wouldn't work even if you but a disclaimer on that you knew it was flawed. I hope you don't feel that I'm attacking you personally, it's just that I'm an over thinker that already thought about many scenarios and how they simply create more issues that the few issues that the current situation has. There is no way to find a solution that works for everyone because everyone has different preferences and that is a fact because if not, people wouldn't complain so much about every single thing possible. Solutions are to made to solve problems but if solutions creates more problems than they solve, maybe we should just leave it alone and be satisfied with that the current situation already is the best possible. Think about it .. Before people was yearning gems like crazy and complaining on how all the good stuff costs gems which costs money while they're playing a FREE game. Now TL is COMPROMISING by giving us 3 gems/gold in these newer games that we can share with a few nbrs but then all of the sudden, people want to find a new compromise to benefit them more on something that already is an compromise. I mean, most of the time, I'm united with the other players against the "evil dictating TL" to Improve our playing experience but sometimes I just feel sorry for TL because sometimes they actually do listen to us and try compromise but people will just never be satisfied. They just want more more more. Gems and gold is basically TL's direct cashflow. Money that goes to paying the developers and staff's salary, to rent their office and so on because it's not a teenager sitting in his room developing all of these games, goals and updates on his spare time. So although they're nice putting some free gems/gold into the game's circulation, it is impossible for them to allow a bigger amount.

OK, you understand that even getting a package of 100 food does absoulely nothing for any level dragon. Here is the math...

A level 1 dragon takes 1 food. 1x5=5. 100-5=95
    Level 2 takes 4 food. 4x5=20. 95-20=75
    Level 3 takes 8 food. 8x5=40. 75-40=35
    Clearly already you can see a package or gift of a 100 doesn't even bring a newborn to evolution level. I'll keep going just to see what a decent amount would be if they even bothered to give us the option of gifting food...
    Level 4 takes 20 food. 20x5=100. 35-100= negative 65
    Level 5 takes 50 food. 50x5=250. -65-250= negative 315
    Level 6 I think is a fair place to be from a gift package. Again because of how leveling works this is level 6 without the evo stage. This means you would still have to put another 500 food into the new born to get to the evolution stage.

To sum this all up. 300 to 350 food seems like a very fair amount to give as a gift. Its not enough to raise an entire family of dragons but it is enough to bring a new born to middle ground.
    Sorry, I wasn't more detailed. I forget people can't read my mind. Unless we breed 20 dragons a day you need to multiply the amount with 20 since we're allowed 20 gifts a day. That was what I meant. 100 x 20 = 2,000. Please re-do your calculations again. This game is fairly slow paced and most people only have 1-2 nests and taking the long breeding AND hatching time in consideration, we don't get that many new dragons per day. In other words 2,000 does make a big impact.

Question about gifting gold

As I'm not sure if this a bug or not I am posting here.

Is there a limit to how many gold I can gift a day?
    I only seem to be able to gift to 6 different people and the option for gifting vanishes even if they are a newly added friend until the next day. Is this a bug or part of the game?

Page 5 of 47 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast