Page 4 of 47 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Gifting

Fashion Designer
    Food as a gifting option is a great thought, considering how much is needed to reach epic levels *nom nom nom* Apple anyone?🍎😜
    JUICYBERRY--EnchantedWings-- Lunaria✨✨--KODIAK DREAMS
    --------FS2-----------------DS--------------------CS-------------------FF----------
    ID: crystalrayn3
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fashion Designer
    Outside my iPad trying to keep the peeps who live inside happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonlightknight View Post
    Many of you may not agree with this solution but I was talking with my girlfriend the other day about this subject. I believe a healthy yet great solution for both parties would be to allow gifting to all nbrs but limit the number of nbfrs. Clearly if DS allows you to have an infinite nbrs then send gold to all friends would make the money making aspect of this game redundent for TL. Now lets say you could only have a total of 15 nbrs Max? Every day the most gild you could get is 15 and that's of course if the people you friended you actually friend back. This would limit the number of gold a person can get and still allows TL to make money because people would then have to invite more friends or actually buy gold. I understand that this option is a bit flawed but with some twiking it could really work. Maybe 10 friends. That means the most you could get is 10 a day. They could also lock your friends list so that once you have friended its for life. This would mean the people you friend have to keep playing. What do you guys think about this solution?

Why would it mean a person would have to keep playing? I can quit any game anytime I want to. So could anybody else.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by fluevogi View Post
    Yes we can, but most people don't. And if it is not the only option, the second-tier system will exist.
    This is my point exactly. Take away the option to gift your close friends. I have no doubt neighbor lists would continue to grow this way.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by greygull View Post
    I do like the idea of gifting food as well

But maybe to change things up a bit, have a third option of gifting maps! You need more and more of those for every expansion, and can only request 20 a day (I think?). So being able to gift those as well as fill requests for them would be helpful to people too
    Though I have not made it that far yet, this too would make a good option for gifting.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by moonlightknight View Post
    Many of you may not agree with this solution but I was talking with my girlfriend the other day about this subject. I believe a healthy yet great solution for both parties would be to allow gifting to all nbrs but limit the number of nbfrs. Clearly if DS allows you to have an infinite nbrs then send gold to all friends would make the money making aspect of this game redundent for TL. Now lets say you could only have a total of 15 nbrs Max? Every day the most gild you could get is 15 and that's of course if the people you friended you actually friend back. This would limit the number of gold a person can get and still allows TL to make money because people would then have to invite more friends or actually buy gold. I understand that this option is a bit flawed but with some twiking it could really work. Maybe 10 friends. That means the most you could get is 10 a day. They could also lock your friends list so that once you have friended its for life. This would mean the people you friend have to keep playing. What do you guys think about this solution?
    No offense or anything but I really do disagree. If this was in PSS, RS, NS, and fashion, people would hate TL becaus ei would be in their list forever and ever and ever lol.

I'm actually fine with the "second-tier" thing just because I'd rather receive gifts than none. Maps- a great idea. I'm not there yet but it takes a lot of maps to expand. And to reach a dragons epic form- 1,000 food!!! Not including the other levels either.
    I've only gotten one dragon to epic form and I need food!!!! Lol

Farm Supplier
    Yes, please add food for gifts, TL!

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by greygull View Post
    I do like the idea of gifting food as well

But maybe to change things up a bit, have a third option of gifting maps! You need more and more of those for every expansion, and can only request 20 a day (I think?). So being able to gift those as well as fill requests for them would be helpful to people too
    I think food and maps as an option is an excellent idea! And many thanks to everyone for taking the time to explain the new system, I seriously thought there was a glitch in the game, even went to the trouble of uninstalling and re-installing the app. One of those special moments I guess 😜I would still like to see a better description in the FAQs if that is possible, it might help the easily confused like me 😊

Quote Originally Posted by CampingTime View Post
    I completely agree that food is a wonderful solution. Kooky is absolutely correct about the food becoming pricey at hire level dragons.

On the topic of gold gifting, however, here is one possible solution that could possibly honor the social aspect of the game AND not interfere with the TL cash flow. Have one gift button for ALL neighbors. You hit the button and then the gold goes randomly to the three fortunate neighbors. Not sure if this is possible, but it would encourage more people to adopt neighbors as it should give a greater chance of receiving some gold. From my perspective, it would also eliminate my concern over "second tier" neighbors.
    You just contradicted yourself there by thinking 1 way only. By forcing players to select all NBRS and supposedly encourage people to get more nbrs as it gives a "greater chance" of receiving gold. Well, the thing is - according to the laws of mathematics, the more nbrs a person has, the smaller the chance for those nbrs to receive a gold. So then everyone will keep adding and adding until all players of the game starts living in the same neighborhood, if you know what I'm saying.. And if we're all nbrs, what difference would it really be to not have the option of having nbrs

Rhino Keeper
    It would be nice if we could gift maps, too. I went to expand this morning and needed 32 maps and only had 1 already. Now I'm stuck at 21 maps and therefore won't be able to expand until tomorrow (and then, of course, I'll have to wait for the expansion time after that.)

Either that, or lift the 20 gift limit so we can get all of our maps in one shot. I'm far too impatient to wait multiple days just to begin my expansion, lol.

I don't know if I'm kind of an downer because it's almost 9AM and I haven't slept yet or if I'm just more realistic. I thought about this thing about gifting food over a week ago, it's only natural if we could because it's an option in other TL games but then I thought more thorough about what that would mean for DS. It's really hard to put food out there because of the fact that the serving sizes varies so much the higher level the dragon is. Since we can only receive 20 gifts a day, what would be the appropriate "food pack" size on the gift? If it's to the lower end, we might have to receive food packs from NBRS a freaking month to feed 1 single serving to our level 9 dragon. If it's to the higher end, we'd be able to level up our baby dragon several levels up by just a day's worth of food packs. Anyone understand the dilemma I'm talking about?? Probably why TL couldn't find an appropriate amount. Hm ..

Page 4 of 47 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast