Page 2 of 47 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Gifting

Quote Originally Posted by CampingTime View Post
    True, we can find three people, no problem there, but that does not address my initial observation that this is creating a "second tier" system. I gift my three friends as you suggest, but the other neighbors are going to receive nothing from me, again minimalizing the value of a neighbor.

Let's throw out the gold for a second--would it not be equitable to be able to gift all of our neighbors somehow?
    Well .. It's actually a hard question because there actually is gold involved. If there wasn't, this issue wouldn't have existed. Do you play PHS? Over there, aside from the 3 gems you can gift each day, there are constructible parts that some rooms need to be built. Over there, this "I send you - you send me" issue is quite minor as gem isn't the ONLY gift one can send. Many players simply check all nbrs and the game will send gems to 3 random players and after they'd sent a construcible part to the rest of their nbrs and feel less bad about it. I personally HATE that! Why? Well, because I barely build any construcible rooms, however, I'm always flooded with parts my many nbrs send me although I decline as often as I can but that means my chances of receiving a gem actually becomes smaller the more nbrs I have. Here on DS, however, as gold is the only gift, I'll either be 1 of the lucky 3 to receive a person's gem and if not, at least I will be able to get a fair chance on someone else's before my giftbox get's clogged.

Farm Supplier
    Many thanks for the info! It would help if this were made clear in the FAQ as it is a different system to the other games. I agree with the other folks who would like something else to gift to other neighbours though!

Many of you may not agree with this solution but I was talking with my girlfriend the other day about this subject. I believe a healthy yet great solution for both parties would be to allow gifting to all nbrs but limit the number of nbfrs. Clearly if DS allows you to have an infinite nbrs then send gold to all friends would make the money making aspect of this game redundent for TL. Now lets say you could only have a total of 15 nbrs Max? Every day the most gild you could get is 15 and that's of course if the people you friended you actually friend back. This would limit the number of gold a person can get and still allows TL to make money because people would then have to invite more friends or actually buy gold. I understand that this option is a bit flawed but with some twiking it could really work. Maybe 10 friends. That means the most you could get is 10 a day. They could also lock your friends list so that once you have friended its for life. This would mean the people you friend have to keep playing. What do you guys think about this solution?

Quote Originally Posted by moonlightknight View Post
    Many of you may not agree with this solution but I was talking with my girlfriend the other day about this subject. I believe a healthy yet great solution for both parties would be to allow gifting to all nbrs but limit the number of nbfrs. Clearly if DS allows you to have an infinite nbrs then send gold to all friends would make the money making aspect of this game redundent for TL. Now lets say you could only have a total of 15 nbrs Max? Every day the most gild you could get is 15 and that's of course if the people you friended you actually friend back. This would limit the number of gold a person can get and still allows TL to make money because people would then have to invite more friends or actually buy gold. I understand that this option is a bit flawed but with some twiking it could really work. Maybe 10 friends. That means the most you could get is 10 a day. They could also lock your friends list so that once you have friended its for life. This would mean the people you friend have to keep playing. What do you guys think about this solution?
    Please don't take this personally but that is just a horrible idea! Aside from the fact that it doesn't make any sense, it's simply clashes with what TL games stands for in the first place. These games encourages socialization by adding the features like tipping/playing/partying etc. and tipping, we also need to have quite a lot of nbrs to expand or to request mystic maps from in DS' case. I think we need to stop trying to solve the "problems" of only getting to gift 3 gems/gold and appreciate it for what it is. It's really new and only PHS and DS offers this, I'm scared if we keep complaining too much they might just remove this "gift", because honestly, it's not a must for them to give stuff out for free that is supposed to be bought.

Fashion Designer
    Outside my iPad trying to keep the peeps who live inside happy.
    Camping there are also new people who play and newbies can hook up. Personally I pretty much just do the Pet Story right now even though I have several stories downloaded. I recently started a new job and work way too many hours to have time for these story games. Seems to keep up with all of them it would be a full time job

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by moonlightknight View Post
    I bolded the last bit in the quote. NO NO NO DEAR TL GODS PLEASE NO DON'T LOCK OUR FRIENDS IN FOR LIFE! What happens when they all gradually quit playing? Then you get nothing and can't even replace them.

I think by far the best option is to keep the option to send a limited amount of gold each day and to add the option to send food to the rest. Yes the creation of a "second class" of neighbors is going to happen. But I already have the problem of having more long time friends from other games as neighbors in DS then I can send gold to anyway. So they're still not guaranteed to get gold from me. What I do is not the fairest option, but its kind of a middle ground. I have two friends with whom we have a mutual gold gifting understanding each day, this way I'm guaranteed two gold a day and so are they. Then the third gold gift randomly goes to someone who has recently gifted me gold regardless of whether they are an existing friend or a new neighbor. Its not ideal and I'd really like to gift food to everyone else. For that matter I'd really really really love to RECEIVE food gifts. Almost more than gold.

The Honorable Panda
    I agree, I like to be able to send some gold out, but I would like to be able to send the rest of my neighbors food.
    When trying to feed a higher leveled dragon it takes tons of food.

The suggestion of sending food as gifts has been passed on.
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

Executive Chef
    I also like that idea. Right now I have 1 nbr that we exchange gold every day. My other two gold... they either go to whoever has gifted me gold, and if I haven't received two other gold, I gift them to my lowest-level neighbors (I figure they need them more).

But I would love to gift and receive food. 1000 food per serving, times 5 or 6? servings to get to the end of level 9 so they can evolve... I've only managed to get one dragon there so far. More food would be great.

Executive Chef
    I love the idea of food as gifts.

Executive Chef
    I'd like to be able to send food. As of now I have 2 nbrs I exchange with daily and the third gold I take turns gifting to my other nbrs.

Page 2 of 47 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast