Page 1 of 47 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Gifting

Farm Supplier

Gifting

Yesterday Icould not gift at all. This morning the option finally showed up and I decided to gift as I visit. I managed to visit two islands before the option disappeared. Next time I will try bulk gifting then visiting. Is anyone else having a problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Meowmeowbeans View Post
    Here's a little bit more information about our gifting feature: You can send up to three Gold per day, one each for three different neighbors. If you select more than three neighbors to send Gold, the game will randomly select the three that will receive gold. You can receive up to 20 Gold each day from your neighbors, and please keep in mind that you may not actually see the gold added to your gold count as it may have been added when you tapped to accept it, rather than when the game notified you that you'd received the gold.

If you're looking for tips and tricks to help you in-game, you should visit our Dragon Story Forums.
    Last edited by kooky panda; 07-23-14 at 02:24 PM.

Can't give gifts

The frist day i played i could give gold to neighbours, but since then i can't any more.
    In my neighbour list the buttons are not active. And when i go to ? neighbour the icon of a giftbox shortly appears, but disappears when the whole page is downloaded.

Fashion Designer
    I found with all the games, that when you first go into the neighbor tab after reset, the gift button is inactive. You need to close it and open it a few times, then they become active.

This being said ... It's only before you gift three people after reset.

Btw ... Has anyone reported that bug?

Banned
    I hear u can only gift 3 people a day

Senior Moderator
    You can only gift 3 people a day. If you gift all of your neighbors, it will most likely randomly pick 3 neighbors for you.
    Whenever you are having issues, try these two things first - restart your device,
    and delete and reinstall the app. Your progress is saved on TLs servers.
    Contact me by PM

Farm Supplier
    Oh really, that's a shame but would explain why I haven't received any gifts yet :-( xx

Farm Supplier
    I am curious as to why the designers went this route with gifting. On the surface, it is quite attractive to see that people can send something as useful as gold, but this sets up a rather ugly "second class" tier system.

Let me say this in a--most likely--not so hypothetical fashion. People have forged close bonds with other gamers from one of the other "Story" games and decide to bring that connection to this new game when they decide to try it. Along the way, they pick up new neighbors that are unique to Dragon Story. Now, which of those neighbors are going to receive the three gold a day? No need to have a Harvard degree to answer that one! Here is another scenario: people made quick neighbors once this game started, but have added others since. Now, those original neighbors are as good as gold--trite cliche intended, mind you--so, once again, to whom are they likely to send the precious three gold? The list of possibilities could go on and on.

Truthfully, there is no reason to begrudge these people for making such a choice; I completely understand that reasoning. Not everyone is going to share the wealth all around. The flaw is in creating such a limited gifting system. Certainly, the gold is more precious than, say, dog bowls, and Team Lava wants to protect this resource; it is part of their true cash system and to open the floodgates of gold to everyone, every day, would hinder their cash flow.

Obviously, one fix would be that gold could be gifted one day a week to all neighbors, reserving the other six days to a small amount of coins or something we could sell like decor. We could even place it on our farms if we have the room, though it feels like space is its own precious commodity right now in the game's early stages.

I hope some fix to this system is implemented some time soon in the game. Of course, Dragon Story is new, and therefore has flaws to be ironed out. This is one the developers need to address.

Quote Originally Posted by CampingTime View Post
    I am curious as to why the designers went this route with gifting. On the surface, it is quite attractive to see that people can send something as useful as gold, but this sets up a rather ugly "second class" tier system.

Let me say this in a--most likely--not so hypothetical fashion. People have forged close bonds with other gamers from one of the other "Story" games and decide to bring that connection to this new game when they decide to try it. Along the way, they pick up new neighbors that are unique to Dragon Story. Now, which of those neighbors are going to receive the three gold a day? No need to have a Harvard degree to answer that one! Here is another scenario: people made quick neighbors once this game started, but have added others since. Now, those original neighbors are as good as gold--trite cliche intended, mind you--so, once again, to whom are they likely to send the precious three gold? The list of possibilities could go on and on.

Truthfully, there is no reason to begrudge these people for making such a choice; I completely understand that reasoning. Not everyone is going to share the wealth all around. The flaw is in creating such a limited gifting system. Certainly, the gold is more precious than, say, dog bowls, and Team Lava wants to protect this resource; it is part of their true cash system and to open the floodgates of gold to everyone, every day, would hinder their cash flow.

Obviously, one fix would be that gold could be gifted one day a week to all neighbors, reserving the other six days to a small amount of coins or something we could sell like decor. We could even place it on our farms if we have the room, though it feels like space is its own precious commodity right now in the game's early stages.

I hope some fix to this system is implemented some time soon in the game. Of course, Dragon Story is new, and therefore has flaws to be ironed out. This is one the developers need to address.
    I totally agree on everything you wrote, however, any changes would be extremely difficult and I think TL thought about many options before finally choosing and I guess 3 each day still ended up being the best option for both them and us (but mostly them). Gifting all nbrs once a week doesn't really make sense, especially in DS, which is by far the most "complex" TL game to date. We actually have to use our brains here. We have multiple options in every move we make, where to place dragons, how many (1-3) to put and which ones to either make it look pretty or to balance it the earnings equally to all habitats for more efficiant collecting. It's quite strategic to survive in this game, especially in the beginning. I have over 200 nbrs at the moment and if I were to be able to gift them all, I'm sure my nbrs would be much higher as everyone would try to get as many nbrs as possible.

Now, if we go back to our current situation where we are limited to gift only 3 gold each day, it shouldn't be too hard to receive at least 3 back. Just find 3 active nbrs and ask if they are interested in exchanging gold daily.

Executive Chef
    I'm glad we at least get to gift some gold but I wish we could gift something else such as food to the neighbors we didn't send gold to.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by PinkStarbelly View Post
    I totally agree on everything you wrote, however, any changes would be extremely difficult and I think TL thought about many options before finally choosing and I guess 3 each day still ended up being the best option for both them and us (but mostly them). Gifting all nbrs once a week doesn't really make sense, especially in DS, which is by far the most "complex" TL game to date. We actually have to use our brains here. We have multiple options in every move we make, where to place dragons, how many (1-3) to put and which ones to either make it look pretty or to balance it the earnings equally to all habitats for more efficiant collecting. It's quite strategic to survive in this game, especially in the beginning. I have over 200 nbrs at the moment and if I were to be able to gift them all, I'm sure my nbrs would be much higher as everyone would try to get as many nbrs as possible.

Now, if we go back to our current situation where we are limited to gift only 3 gold each day, it shouldn't be too hard to receive at least 3 back. Just find 3 active nbrs and ask if they are interested in exchanging gold daily.
    True, we can find three people, no problem there, but that does not address my initial observation that this is creating a "second tier" system. I gift my three friends as you suggest, but the other neighbors are going to receive nothing from me, again minimalizing the value of a neighbor.

Let's throw out the gold for a second--would it not be equitable to be able to gift all of our neighbors somehow?

Page 1 of 47 1234511 ... LastLast