Thread: Am I the last one?

Am I the last one?

Am I the last one still making the St. Patrick's Day foods? I've been using 6 shamrock ovens around the clock (didn't want to spend the money or parts on more than that.) I am on level 4 for each food, but as I go to others bakeries/ restaurants I don't see anyone else still making these.

I do see some people have the goods on counters, but not so many. I feel like I'll have these items til summer. Other than getting the gems at the end of level 2 & 4, was there any real point of doing this? I'll feel as though I've neglected my bakery & restaurant to get these done, but now I'm so close I might as well finish.

Comments? Advice?

Rhino Keeper
    I'm on level 4 to master the cookies too

Executive Chef
    I'm still making st. Patrick's day recipes. But I only have 5 ovens

Banned
    I am done I had 7 ovens I was done this morning

Rhino Keeper
    Shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/craftedbypika
    I have two ovens (on purpose, otherwise I feel like they're such a waste of parts) so I'll be mastering them in June or so.

In restaurant, I'm a few drinks off from mastering the Holiday Drink Machine using 1 machine and have mastered all the other "one-recipe" appliances except Nacho Machine and the new St. Patrick's Day one. I call it "long month celebration" and efficient use of parts. ;P.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by pika4ever88 View Post
    I have two ovens (on purpose, otherwise I feel like they're such a waste of parts) so I'll be mastering them in June or so.

In restaurant, I'm a few drinks off from mastering the Holiday Drink Machine using 1 machine and have mastered all the other "one-recipe" appliances except Nacho Machine and the new St. Patrick's Day one. I call it "long month celebration" and efficient use of parts. ;P.
    Well I build 7 but right. Ow have 30 or more parts for each so I will have enough parts for the new oven tommorow

Rhino Keeper
    If you'd like to try to be the efficient parts type person too, first decide if it is for you. You need to be very patient (if you're going to quit the game tomorrow, why bother either way ;3) and don't mind reaping that last gem a month (or more) after the appliance's release. .

Make the one-recipe appliance priority. What this means is that when the Nacho Machine and Outdoor Grill came out in Restaurant (same idea applies in Bakery), I always had those two out along with my Turducken Fryer and Holiday Drink Machine. (Though I would "replace" Outdoor Grill's spot overnight with another appliance since it'd spoil and I hate to waste time.) As I master one of the appliance, I then retire it, freeing up an appliance slot to cook "regular" food.

It is easier as you have more appliance slots (so you don't feel you only have one-recipe machines out) and you master the backlog. But it can be daunting if you have a huge backlog.

The downside to this strategy is that you'll eventually have way too many parts in your inventory (assuming you have parts gifting friends). But that's perfect for splurging and/or using to build 100 constructable decorations at once. ;D.

Rhino Keeper
    I haven't been making St. Patricks day food because I don't think they will go away cause the ovens from Christmas are still there, so I can master the recepies later

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetstuff525 View Post
    Well I build 7 but right. Ow have 30 or more parts for each so I will have enough parts for the new oven tommorow
    I have plenty of parts, I just choose to be more efficient with them because I prefer not to be constantly tracking down new neighbors (as old ones become invariably inactive) to make sure I always have parts for new releases. So, I prefer to save, be patient, and spend less time on the "social" aspect of the games. (:.

As mean as it sounds, time adds up if you're trying to either keep track of who's active or not so you can have a manageable list of friends that you can dedicate more attention to each person. Or if you have to click on 200+ neighbors daily because you never delete since you can't be bothered to track people. And either way, finding new friends takes time. All of which I'd rather spend on World of Warcraft, other apps, or non-gaming activities. :>. Even running my little story games site (link in first wall post of my profile) is time consuming since I comb the forum weekly (or more often) to make sure the information is up-to-date and pertinent and I don't get paid to do it. .

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by caramel54 View Post
    I haven't been making St. Patricks day food because I don't think they will go away cause the ovens from Christmas are still there, so I can master the recepies later
    You never know with TL. :/. I'd start to (slowly if you choose to only have one appliance of each like I prefer) master them. Otherwise there will come a time when you've mastered the "regular" recipes and are forced to master 18 different one-recipe appliances cause you only got around to buying one of each and they were pulled. ;D. That or make sure to have multiples of each type of appliance so you're prepared for that time. :>.

And to clarify, the Christmas appliances you've already purchased are there, but you cannot purchase more of them. So for instance, if you decide you're ready to start mastering the Candy Cane Oven, you'll only be able to do it with the number of appliances you already have.