Page 1 of 59 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: The First Ever FPGC Half Medley Race

Executive Chef

The First Ever FPGC Half Medley Race

The First Ever FPGC Half Medley Race

From hectorloch and yanochka

Roll up ! Roll up ! Come and join in the Half Medley organised by The Famous Peacock and Gooses Club over here at Farm Story. The winter is over - well, at the FPGC we've decided it's over 'cos we've had enough of it - and with Spring here and Summer just around the corner  what better way to mark the event than a swimming gala !

But we shall not throw caution to the winds and have decided to hold our gala in a specially constructed heated pool and arena.

(c) yanochka

The FPGC's Chief Architect and Engineer, yanochka, has been hard at work constructing our extravaganza. She's had a tough time of it because to save a bit on the labour costs we employed a load of spare fast food types - there's millions of them just lying around eating - to do the actual construction work but they were always sneaking off for coffee, cakes and pies  We were considering going to the desperate lengths of getting the Joint Clerks in to sort them out but at the end of the day we just had to get our own stalwart FS boy gnomes in to finish the job ! But we're there now and ready to go.

And what an arena it has turned out to be ! Some VIP spectators have also turned out and taken the best seats already And do I see towels on some of those sun loungers ? Part of the deal with the gnomes was that they got the catering franchise and that's them all set up on the near side. The flags are out ! They've even got the FPGC Logo built in to the fabric. We'll be having some closer shots and maybe some celebrity interviews as we go. Sissy in her Presidential Box will have something to say surely - and there's already great speculation in the Press Box over who Magma's companion is And what's that fox doing making up to that chicken ? All this - and much more to come !

So, the scene is all set. Now, this is where YOU come in !

Joining In

We need (1) an Owner and (2) a Trainer for each competing fowl and it's first come, first served. We could add (3) a Tactician - the more, the merrier - but let's get the owners and their chosen fowl names in first. There are 10 competing fowl !

(c) yanochka

This is an event open to everyone on the Forum and you don't have to play FS or be a member of the FPGC to join in. So, post here in this thread now to book your fowl and/or job description - remember, first come, first served. Prompt your friends - gather a team ! And remember to give your fowl a name !

How It Works

Now, you might think some fowl will have more advantages than others. Not so - this is an individual half medley, out on freestyle and home on backstroke. This has nothing whatsoever to do with TL's fowls being unable to turn 180 degrees  So, check out the performance statistics for Frankenducks in reverse gear before diving in with your choice of fowl. I know I'd clear a path for a backstroking Rooster ! The Cognoscenti will already have noted that it ought to be backstroke first and that there is no such thing as a Half Medley - well, all I can say to you is that very little is normal at the FPGC !

We're going to run this as a straight sprint on a random roll of dice. We roll about every 48 hours from the starter's ***. Past experience has shown that we need these intervals to deal with protests, lawyers' lengthy letters, stewards' enquiries and the odd bit of litigation. Forum Members also seem to use these intervals to post comments on competitors' progress - some of them quite discouraging, I'm sorry to say. We'll start when our players have all signed up and our fowl are named. Progress will be shown each stroke of the way by new screenshots from Yanochka of the pool posted shortly after the results of each dice roll - so, you don't have to keep scrolling back from the results post to this first page. I'll also add some commentary for those who can't believe what they see.

Prizes

Even as you read this flyer, a top modeller commissioned at great expense is at work fashioning a trophy of trophies for the winning team.

Any More Clues ?

Anyone unsure of what?s going on here might well take a look at the master inspiration for all this at the link below, which was the first of our races organised by our great friend Mogwai, sadly now retired.

https://forums.teamlava.com/showthrea...ghlight=Mogwai

Race rules

There are a few rules -

1. Pedestal birds don't touch bottom or they're back 10 spaces - observers needed.
    2. No underwater swimming.
    3. No outboard motors.
    4. No consumption of other competitors' body parts.
    5. Er .... that's it .... although we usually make a lot of it up as we go along

So, sign up fast - and good luck !
    Last edited by hectorloch; 04-02-12 at 05:31 AM.
    Deputy sub-Assistant Racing Clerk to The First Ever FPGC Half Medley
    Principal Clerk (Rtd) to the Joint Clerks and Secretaries of the FPGC

Nightclub Owner
    Ohhh, can I have my goose Lucky be in the race?

Rhino Keeper
    Can I be frankenduck cluck

Executive Chef
    I WANT that Penguin!!!!!

Can I name him Evgeni???????

Nightclub Owner
    ! Good old Blighty=)...and here permanenty right now!
    An Owl called...Glasgow.

That's where the band, Mogwai come from.

Nightclub Owner
    Oh, BTW hector, that link doesn't work anymore. Sorry, I meant to tell you when I originally posted. Oops.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachael98 View Post
    An Owl called...Glasgow.

That's where the band, Mogwai come from.
    Not to mention where I was born ! Glasgow is in !

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by queentina3 View Post
    Oh, BTW hector, that link doesn't work anymore. Sorry, I meant to tell you when I originally posted. Oops.
    Fixed. Sorry, I should have checked that as they do drop sometimes here after copying and pasting enjoy the read !

Executive Chef
    My crane, Ken,would like to join.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by RealFarmer1222 View Post
    I WANT that Penguin!!!!!

Can I name him Evgeni???????
    And I notice you've registered Glasgow, but seem to have skipped Evgeni.

Page 1 of 59 123451151 ... LastLast