Thread: Quick Million

Quick Million

So yeah, I know there's no way to get a quick million bucks, but I blew threw almost a good 80% of my stashed money redecorating my restaurant a few dozen times over the last three months. I've got about 500,000 left, but I need to get back above the million mark without selling everything (which would be self-defeating at best).

I've got about seventy tables in my restaurant with 3 doors going, but I'm not clearing out the food I have fast enough to really earn anything substantial. I think it's more of what I've been cooking, maybe. What would be the best food to cook for the stove or oven that would earn me the most money in the shortest amount of time?

Also, is there a way to speed up my customer intake? I mean, three doors, seventy tables, and a 100% rating, and it's still not making fast money? Sheesh...

Host(ess)
    How much money do you get per day? When I was trying to reach last expancion, I had over 2 000 000 portions of food. I get rid all cheap food such as waffels (2 coins) and I did leave roast chicken (8 coins).

I did get money about 100 000- 150 000 per day.

Now I feel a bit stupid: I have nothing else to do that waiting for new goals and recipes. I have mastered all foods (not latest ones). So why did I hurry so much...

Host(ess)
    You have plenty of tables. I think 24-28 is good amount to keep 100% happiness rating. Are your customers walking too long way / time? Sorry my bad English.

What you're looking for is something like this:

https://forum.storm8.com/showthread.p...l=1#post216790

Basically, if you have 70 tables in a big box, your little people are going to spend a lot of their time walking to the tables and back to the door. You want to have more efficient arrangements, where they have only a short distance to walk from door to host to table and back out again. The faster they cycle through, the more money you make.

Since you have 3 doors, you can actually have an even better arrangement than the one I linked, where you make three smaller T shapes, one for each door. The key is to have each shape blocked off at the ends, so that the people can't escape out into the bigger restaurant; they have to walk to one of the 8 tables closest to them. Basically, faster in and out = more money.

Food wise, my general advice is to have a mix of plates that sell for 4 coins, which you can get a lot of (something like grilled corn/NY strip steak/black pepper chicken that gets you a TON of plates per hour, so that you never run out of food) and plates that sell for 6 or 8 coins, like bacon and eggs, apple pie, and roast chicken. More specifically, I'd fill one counter with a TON of corn/chicken/steak and then cook the foods that sell for more coins and spread them over a lot of counters, so they all sell out. Food probability is determined by counter, so if you have 3 counters of chicken and 1 of corn, the people will have a 75% chance of picking the chicken, so your expensive food will sell out.

In order to tell what foods sell for, per plate, use a spread sheet like the one here:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...owsperpage=500

It's sorted to show most expensive plates on top, so those are the ones you want to sell out. And if you have any of the foods that sell for 1 coin per plate, like French toast, fruit salad, or grilled cheese, just get rid of that food so it doesn't take away plates from more valuable stuff.

Here's another spreadsheet, made by Mike, if you don't like the one above:
    https://forum.storm8.com/showthread.p...ase-now-Online
    Last edited by fatbearsecondary; 12-14-13 at 08:14 PM. Reason: Fat bear rules, everyone else drools!

Thanks guys!

@fatbear: I've actually got three host tables to go with each door, and have them set up so that they force traffic to their respective part of the restaurant; I had decent flow with two doors, but the third door/host table seems to have made no difference (except maybe to slow it down) x__x

I'm up to 700,000 now, so hopefully I can wrangle up the extra 300,000 before Wednesday...we'll see.

Thanks again for the tips, everyone!

Thanks guys!

@fatbear: I've actually got three host tables to go with each door, and have them set up so that they force traffic to their respective part of the restaurant; I had decent flow with two doors, but the third door/host table seems to have made no difference (except maybe to slow it down) x__x

I'm up to 700,000 now, so hopefully I can wrangle up the extra 300,000 before Wednesday...we'll see.

Thanks again for the tips, everyone!