Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gift & Request Quota

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by pastrychef17 View Post
    That's correct - if your neighbor sends a gift and you decline it, they cannot send another gift for 24 hours since they already sent a gift. The system doesn't care that you declined their gift, only that they sent it. However, since you declined the gift, a different neighbor can send you a gift since you shouldn't be maxed yet. What I think is misleading is sometimes a neighbor will tell you you're maxed but you're actually not. Only to them you are because they get the message that you're either maxed OR they've already sent a gift. The gift button should not be active if they've already sent a gift in the last 24 hours but I can confirm sometimes it does become active even though you gifted less than 24 hours ago.

On the 10 pending gift quota, I've tested this myself. If more than 10 gifts come in before you accept or decline any, the oldest gifts fall off from the list you can see and they NEVER come back, despite what's been posted by TL to the contrary. I've been able to confirm this twice now by seeing the oldest gift on the list I first saw fall off when a new gift came in and that old gift never came back. However, I do think there's a bug where the system is still counting that old gift that fell off (that you can't see anymore) towards your 20-gift limit. Unfortunately since it fell off, you can't see it to accept or decline it but it's still counting against your daily gift limit. That happened to me when I logged into the game later than I normally do, I had a list of 10 gifts, I accepted 8 and declined 2. I only got 2 more gifts and after that everyone told me I was maxed. I suspect I received another 10 gifts before I logged into the game that day and although I couldn't see them anymore, they were still counting against my gift limit.
    As I rerun my experiment yesterday, this is what I noticed too. If the Gift pending your action is more than 10, the older one will be "deleted" from the list. I suspected as what you said, display only max of 10, I started to accept some of the Gifts to hope that my earlier pending gifts will come back. But no. after 10 hours as I am writing now, the gift still yet to come back.

However, I made a retest and recounted, about one or two pending gifts dropped off as mentioned problem above, but seems like the gifts I received yesterday is about 15+-, definitely not 20 as claimed. I'll rerun a test today, recount the gifts and accept whenever I received it instead of pending it. I'll post the result tomorrow

Kancil****er - You have made my day. Seriously. I haven't laughed so hard in probably a year or more - I couldn't breathe.

Please don't think I am laughing AT you. Let me explain - my mom plays this game also and she has been complaining of the same things as you for weeks now. If I didn't know better, I'd think you two were the same person. I called her and read to her your first two posts in this thread and was howling so hard she couldn't understand me. When I finally got it out in words she could understand we were both howling and rolling in laughter. I pink sparkly heart you.

I sent you a neighbor request, please accept me, because I can assure you I play the game as you do and these kind of neighbors are hard to find. I promise not to send you any french toast, or do I?

Nightclub Owner
    Question kancil****er,

How do you know that one or two dropped off? Did all neighbours who sent you gifts let you know they did so?
    It looks like how it actually may work is that we can "receive" 20 gifts, i.e. 20 neighbours may send us gifts each day. Once they drop off the newsfeed, despite what DWF said, they still count towards the "received" gifts, even if we do not accept them.

I wonder how it works with requested gifts though? Has anyone tested that? Do we actually get back 20 requested gifts?

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyrae View Post
    I wonder how it works with requested gifts though? Has anyone tested that? Do we actually get back 20 requested gifts?
    From my own personal experience, I do think requesting gifts does actually work in that you do get 20 if your neighbors all accept your request. However there is sometimes a time lag on when those requests come back, either because your neighbors didn't log in for awhile or they didn't get your request right away or you didn't receive their acceptance right away. One time I requested 20 of the same part when I only needed 5 but since I was able to ask for and receive 20, I figured I might as well stock up on that part. It took me almost the whole day to get 5 so I thought there was something wrong with the system (my neighbors are more active than that, lol) but once I got 5 and built the appliance, I didn't think anything more about it. Over the next couple of days, the other 15 flooded in - I got hardly any the next day but by 2 days after I sent the request out, I got the rest all of a sudden. I wasn't making any other requests at that time so I don't know what was holding it up.

Quote Originally Posted by pastrychef17 View Post
    From my own personal experience, I do think requesting gifts does actually work in that you do get 20 if your neighbors all accept your request. However there is sometimes a time lag on when those requests come back, either because your neighbors didn't log in for awhile or they didn't get your request right away or you didn't receive their acceptance right away. One time I requested 20 of the same part when I only needed 5 but since I was able to ask for and receive 20, I figured I might as well stock up on that part. It took me almost the whole day to get 5 so I thought there was something wrong with the system (my neighbors are more active than that, lol) but once I got 5 and built the appliance, I didn't think anything more about it. Over the next couple of days, the other 15 flooded in - I got hardly any the next day but by 2 days after I sent the request out, I got the rest all of a sudden. I wasn't making any other requests at that time so I don't know what was holding it up.
    I think your neighbors not receive your requests immediately...

From my own personal experience, i got requests after PST 00:00, those were requested before 0~23 hours.
    I used to accept requests when i saw them.
    So if i accept requests after midnight, by 24 hours limit, i'll not receive request from that neighbor today.
    I'll receive their requests tomorrow, after midnight.

My English is not well enough to explain, sorry!

I want to know why is there a limit at all what's the point of having 80 neighbors if I can only get 10 gifts a day that's absurd.

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by randa320 View Post
    I want to know why is there a limit at all what's the point of having 80 neighbors if I can only get 10 gifts a day that's absurd.
    You can receive 20 gifts per day, regardless of how many neighbors you have.

The gift list holds 10 gifts. If more come in, the oldest drops off the list. If 10 drop off the list, you have received 20 gifts and your neighbors get a maxed out message. And those 10 that drop off are incorrectly counted as accepted gifts. So you can only receive 10 for the day. This is a problem and TL is looking into it. Dropped gifts should be counted as rejected gifts instead of accepted gifts. It would be nice to have the gift list restored back to 20.

Gifting resets at 12:00 am PST (in 15 min) so if you can accept your gifts before the 11th gift comes in, you can receive up to 20.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by randa320 View Post
    Same question!.... What's the use of having +20 neighbors if we cant received all gifts? Does TL meant to have ONLY 20 nbrs for each player?...........I dont see any logic in giving a quota of receiving gifts/requests per day......

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by xcellent View Post
    Same question!.... What's the use of having +20 neighbors if we cant received all gifts? Does TL meant to have ONLY 20 nbrs for each player?...........I dont see any logic in giving a quota of receiving gifts/requests per day......
    To slow us down so that we get frustrated and spend money buying gems.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by queentina3 View Post
    To slow us down so that we get frustrated and spend money buying gems.
    I didn't think of that! Lol! Now i get it.... ;-)

Well they (TL) will get frustrated on me!
    Except for the gem traps, i dont have plans of spending my hard worked gems on completing any and no plans of buying till there is a confirmation button implemented.... ;-D

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast