Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Anyone else here who hates valentines day?

Grand Emperor
    Wow. Just wow.

Rhino Keeper
    This is pathetic... No one was bloody dissing religious beliefs. Right now I am going to say this year I will absolutely hate valentines day. My partner of 6 years, and daddy to my daughter has just told me we need to break up and I'm having to find somewhere else to live etc. I'm going to be lonely as hell come valentines day.

Also, I was brought up in a Christian religious primary school (although not religious now and don't believe any of it) and we never got told valentines was a Christian holiday...

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by nicola_grant View Post
    This is pathetic... No one was bloody dissing religious beliefs. Right now I am going to say this year I will absolutely hate valentines day. My partner of 6 years, and daddy to my daughter has just told me we need to break up and I'm having to find somewhere else to live etc. I'm going to be lonely as hell come valentines day.

Also, I was brought up in a Christian religious primary school (although not religious now and don't believe any of it) and we never got told valentines was a Christian holiday...

Awwwww

Rhino Keeper
    I'm devistated

(So, any of my neighbours, if I dont water as much at the moment, this is why...)

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by felicitybliss View Post
    It is a religious holiday for some. I try to respect the beliefs and customs of others.......
    It's the hallmark/commercial aspect of it that I hate.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by kooky panda View Post
    I agree, I do not think that the OP knew this was a religious holiday and did not mean to offend anyone.

I actually love Valentines day. Since I was little, by Daddy always gave me and my two sisters a box of candy. (something special from him) and
    to this day, every year, I still get my box of candy from my Daddy.
    Awww, when I Still lived with my parents my dad did the same thing. He would get my mom a huge box of chocolates and a huge bouquet of flowers and i would get a mini version

Farm Supplier
    There is a difference between Valentines' Day (the commercial one) and the feast of St. Valentine. Anyone not looking for something to be offended about would see that no offense was intended. It is a part of my religious belief, by the way, and I did not see any cause to be offended.

Nicola, we are going through some of the same things so hang in there and know you are not alone.

I thought I would get through it okay until TL started with the constant popups of the cute Teddy bear with all the hearts. The popups were annoying enough already!

Fashion Designer
    I don't like it if you are just nice and friendly to your Family or Friends because of a stupid (holi)day.. Everybody forces you to buy buy buy .. Horrible, for me Valentines day is absolutely Not a religious day. Maybe once it was.. But honestly it isn't Today.

Executive Chef
    In the interest of not wanting to offend anyone, I'm going to lock this thread. Please resume feeling however you will about Valentine's Day off the forums.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234