Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else here who hates valentines day?

Rhino Keeper
    In my country, valentines day is celebrated at June 12th.

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by felicitybliss View Post
    Actually, for some, it is a day of worship which includes a special mass, rites, etc.

I simply do not see the point off an " i hate" thread that criticizes the beliefs others. I don't remember seeing "I hate" Ramadan, Christmas, Rosh hashAnah, etc. Those would not be appropriate and neither is this. Really, the religious customs of all should be respected.....
    I'm pretty sure the op meant no harm. Most of us had no idea its a religious thing for some. Do you remember in school on Valentines waiting to see if the boy you like gives you a Valentine but he doesn't? That's maybe what people find not nice about Valentines.

Banned

The Honorable Panda
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkster73 View Post
    I'm pretty sure the op meant no harm. Most of us had no idea its a religious thing for some. Do you remember in school on Valentines waiting to see if the boy you like gives you a Valentine but he doesn't? That's maybe what people find not nice about Valentines.
    I agree, I do not think that the OP knew this was a religious holiday and did not mean to offend anyone.

I actually love Valentines day. Since I was little, by Daddy always gave me and my two sisters a box of candy. (something special from him) and
    to this day, every year, I still get my box of candy from my Daddy.
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by kooky panda View Post
    I agree, I do not think that the OP knew this was a religious holiday and did not mean to offend anyone.

I actually love Valentines day. Since I was little, by Daddy always gave me and my two sisters a box of candy. (something special from him) and
    That's really sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkster73 View Post
    I agree that the OP probably intended no harm, but "I hate" someones religious day is inappropriate. I also think that "many" would know as christianity is a major religion. I agree that exclusion and consumerism are not nice, particularly on a day celebrating Appreciation of others and selflessness. Exclusion and consumerism were not topics within this thread. I did read "fake" and "I hate" comments.....

I agree with Atlantis that this needs locked. "I hate" threads disrespecting the customs and beliefs of others are inappropriate.

Grand Emperor
    How about the title changes to "dislike" then?

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by kooky panda View Post

My husband and I don't do Valentines, but right after February 14 all the chocolate goes on sale and I buy tons of it for him and give it to him whenever. Happy Tuesday! Or something like that.

The Honorable Panda
    I have flagged this thread to the community managers to see if it needs to be locked.
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

Banned

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast