View Poll Results: how many hours do you spend working a day on average?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • 4-6hr

3 8.33%
  • 6-9hr

7 19.44%
  • 9-12hr

11 30.56%
  • 12-15hr

1 2.78%
  • >15h!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 8.33%
  • I am not working

11 30.56%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: how many hours do you spend working a day?

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by felicitybliss View Post
    I rebuild healthcare systems, particularly in places that are in turmoil--typically war or natural disaster.
    Can you rebuild Canada's? The wait time for neurosurgery is ridiculous. Great, thanks

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkster73 View Post
    Can you rebuild Canada's? The wait time for neurosurgery is ridiculous. Great, thanks
    How about rebuilding the US healthcare system? not possible without pissing off a bunch of people (and people with a lot of money and a lot at stake) but here's hoping

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by sumnboutme View Post
    How about rebuilding the US healthcare system? not possible without pissing off a bunch of people (and people with a lot of money and a lot at stake) but here's hoping
    Ok she can do both. Thanks felicitybliss, you're the greatest!

Rhino Keeper
    Ok she can do both. Thanks felicitybliss, you're the greatest!
    Yes, I agree (at the very least I'm optimistic). I hope she'll still have time to play

Grand Emperor
    Someone should let her know we've decided she's going to do that.

Rhino Keeper
    Someone should let her know we've decided she's going to do that.
    Lol, you do it. I can't bring myself to give anyone "bad" news.

Grand Emperor
    I posted the link on her wall tee hee

Quote Originally Posted by sumnboutme View Post
    Actually, there are many good and many bad things about both the canadian and US systems. The Canadian system has a fabulous preventative care system that prevents many issues from occurring so there isnt an overwhelming demand for higher level services such as cardiovascular services. The bad part is "cost management" or "quota system" of the needed higher services such as neurosurgery. In the US, there is a terrible preventative care problem (coupled with lack of personal accountability) that creates more people needing higher level services at a tremendously greater cost.

I agree that the US system is extremely difficult to solve, particularly with apathetic people. The US has no overall plan to actually cut costs, treat more people, create individual accountability, etc. In my opinion, there is a strong base of untapped resources in the US that could be utilized to have a greater impact on individual health---which are public health centers. If those were used to capacity, it would greatly improve health care outcomes.

I have worked on US healthcare in Appalachia (which was comparable to 3rd world nations in the 1960-70s). I went to Canada to review its system and write a "lessons learned" series. Mostly, I work in 3rd to 5th world countries.

My personal favorite system is a mix of everyone's system---a little bit of USA, canada, uk, Italy, France, iran, south Africa, etc, etc.....

My work is usually due to a crisis--example: 200 kids died from xxxx so there is a need to force the system to react, intervene, and stop whatever--while forcing the system to change/adapt so it doesn't happen again. Sadly, it takes mayhem and destruction to get people motivated to force their government to meet the populations needs.

Ps.: I work with any government that invites me . Ask president obama and PM Harper to issue me an invitation. I'd be happy to oblige

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by felicitybliss View Post
    Actually, there are many good and many bad things about both the canadian and US systems. The Canadian system has a fabulous preventative care system that prevents many issues from occurring so there isnt an overwhelming demand for higher level services such as cardiovascular services. The bad part is "cost management" or "quota system" of the needed higher services such as neurosurgery. In the US, there is a terrible preventative care problem (coupled with lack of personal accountability) that creates more people needing higher level services at a tremendously greater cost.

I agree that the US system is extremely difficult to solve, particularly with apathetic people. The US has no overall plan to actually cut costs, treat more people, create individual accountability, etc. In my opinion, there is a strong base of untapped resources in the US that could be utilized to have a greater impact on individual health---which are public health centers. If those were used to capacity, it would greatly improve health care outcomes.

I have worked on US healthcare in Appalachia (which was comparable to 3rd world nations in the 1960-70s). I went to Canada to review its system and write a "lessons learned" series. Mostly, I work in 3rd to 5th world countries.

My personal favorite system is a mix of everyone's system---a little bit of USA, canada, uk, Italy, France, iran, south Africa, etc, etc.....

My work is usually due to a crisis--example: 200 kids died from xxxx so there is a need to force the system to react, intervene, and stop whatever--while forcing the system to change/adapt so it doesn't happen again. Sadly, it takes mayhem and destruction to get people motivated to force their government to meet the populations needs.
    It's easy to ignore things until they are shoved in your face by a crises.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast