Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Will any of the holiday drinks be gone before Jan 13th ?

The Honorable Panda
    Nightclub and City did not get the holiday goals.
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

Grand Emperor
    I didn't know those games didn't get goals. So they just had "weekly content" type stuff, like Androids got?

Then I don't see how they can have a critical bug.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamrock1963 View Post
    Not always. Are you old enough to remember the hullabaloo about the millennium bug?

My question is that if they could see the bug coming, why didn't they fix it?
    I am officially an old bag . Though,remain a sexy redhead thanks to a talented hairdresser. I do remember the millennium bug, but thought was due to operating system programming/infrastructure limitations (using 2 digits instead of 4).

I just don't understand a lightweight program that essentially does the same thing week after week (making recipes and placing) could have such a "critical bug" that only holiday items need to removed to prevent some epic failure. I don't understand what is so different between a xmas cupcake and regular cupcake to program.....

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by felicitybliss View Post
    I am officially an old bag . Though,remain a sexy redhead thanks to a talented hairdresser. I do remember the millennium bug, but thought was due to operating system programming/infrastructure limitations (using 2 digits instead of 4).

I just don't understand a lightweight program that essentially does the same thing week after week (making recipes and placing) could have such a "critical bug" that only holiday items need to removed to prevent some epic failure. I don't understand what is so different between a xmas cupcake and regular cupcake to program.....
    Without having access to the source code, I couldn't say.

Grand Emperor

The difference is the xmas cupcake was supposed to be removed on the 20th and the regular cupcake isn't. Someone may have done some preliminary work to remove the holiday items, but somehow it got executed earlier. But I don't work for TL so I don't know, it is only my theory.

Executive Chef
    ...I just don't understand a lightweight program that essentially does the same thing week after week (making recipes and placing) could have such a "critical bug" that only holiday items need to removed to prevent some epic failure. I don't understand what is so different between a xmas cupcake and regular cupcake to program.....
    I'm just as curious as well. Though it doesn't matter cause I never saw it on my phone

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by ariesblu View Post
    I'm just as curious as well. Though it doesn't matter cause I never saw it on my phone
    You mean they didn't have goals or any new features, just more "weekly content" type stuff, and they still didn't give it to Androids? It doesn't sound like there were any code changes needed.

Rhino Keeper

I just don't understand a lightweight program that essentially does the same thing week after week (making recipes and placing) could have such a "critical bug" that only holiday items need to removed to prevent some epic failure.
    Exactly. It is not very believable. Someone probably made a mistake and instead of fixing it, they decided to come up with an excuse most people will believe.

Not that it matters to them whether we believe it or not or how upset it makes us. Just like it doesn't matter to them that the days we spent on the recipes that were so close to being mastered, were essentially, wasted.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by nmishii View Post
    You mean they didn't have goals or any new features, just more "weekly content" type stuff, and they still didn't give it to Androids? It doesn't sound like there were any code changes needed.
    Didn't give what to Androids?

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by putka View Post
    Exactly. It is not very believable. Someone probably made a mistake and instead of fixing it, they decided to come up with an excuse most people will believe.
    That thought occurred to me too.

Another thought that I had was whether it was really necessary to remove ALL of the holiday content early. Couldn't the early removal have been restricted to whichever item/items were causing the problem?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123