Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Gem Traps continued!!!

Gem Traps continued!!!

Recently saw a post on here about gem traps, i totally agee that u literally must play RS very cautiously or else u well undoubtedly make some frivilous gem purchases. All i want to get is the pool table for 40 Gems( i will never purchase gems as it is ridiculos to do so) but recently i lost 10 gems to the cook food instantly thing and lost another 2 on orange wall pieces argh. Team lava is really trying my patience and i will be quitting the games if this continues just wondering if its possible to fix this or something as many people have the same issue, i understand its buisness but really i mean come on!

Executive Chef
    I don't think there will be an implementation of any sort to fix this issue. Countless people have lost gems over and over, and nothing has changed, so I don't think there will be much if any improvement on this matter.

Banned
    I'm really sorry to hear you've lost gems, however I personally feel they are not gem traps. Many games are designed this way, most of the time it's because of accidental tapping. Which is not TLs or players fault in any way.
    It is completely player choice if to buy gems or not, the games can be played without purchasing any gems. Which not all developers actually do. Many players love purchasing gems as their are many beautiful items to buy, I would be in that group. For free games they are of superb quality.

Nightclub Owner
    ! Good old Blighty=)...and here permanenty right now!
    Quote Originally Posted by barleycoon View Post
    I'm really sorry to hear you've lost gems, however I personally feel they are not gem traps. Many games are designed this way, most of the time it's because of accidental tapping. Which is not TLs or players fault in any way.
    It is completely player choice if to buy gems or not, the games can be played without purchasing any gems. Which not all developers actually do. Many players love purchasing gems as their are many beautiful items to buy, I would be in that group. For free games they are of superb quality.
    Whilst the latter is perhaps true, it does not change the fact that we'd like an On-Off.

"The purpose of life is a life of purpose"

Want a Signature made for you? PM me, with any quotes, colours, info or images/GIFs you'd like in it and I'll do the hard work!

Grand Emperor
    I feel that they are gem traps.

TL has read the posts about people losing gems for over a year, and there has been no change made to prevent the accidental loss of gems, which seems to occur daily.

It is silly to have to have to be cautious about how fast you tap and where you tap so that you don't waste gems. It is silly to spend your gems once you get to 24 or 25 so that you don't accidentally buy an extra slot or a random box.

It is possible to fix it so that it isn't as easy to waste gems. They have confirmations on other actions, like selling a chair in BS and RS or a cat-o-lantern in Farm. But they don't have confirmations on gem purchases. If TL cared, they would fix this problem ASAP.

Banned
    I too have always wanted a gem confirmation, as it would reduce the risk to players.
    TL do care, we can't possibly know what commitments/plans they may have or not. I know it's upsetting to lose gems, because I've done it myself, however I'd never blame TL.

Grand Emperor
    TL does not care about people accidentally losing gems, because if they did, there would be some sort of confirmation. There has been plenty of time to implement a confirmation, and they have already implemented it for other actions. Posting that you wish there was a confirmation hasn't worked for over a year.

TL does care about how much money they make, like all businesses. It apparently does not bother them that their customers are accidentally losing their gems and their money and they could easily help prevent it. Even if they don't add a confirmation, moving the slot in Fashion shouldn't be too difficult and they have made no attempt to do that, even though they know from the many posts that many people accidentally buy that extra slot.

I quit buying gems after I accidently spend 50 gems trying to click past the "hooray something about new rennaisance stuff" screen. That was an obvious trap since the "ok" button was conveniently placed at the same spot as the items that required gems were. The easiest way to not fall into these traps is not buy gems. Businesses need to learn to treat their customers right instead of trapping them into purchasing what they do not want. I would spend way more if I was treated honestly and fairly, and spend way less if I was not.

Couldnt agree with that last post more! Quit trapping and start appreiciating your players!

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by barleycoon View Post
    I too have always wanted a gem confirmation, as it would reduce the risk to players.
    TL do care, we can't possibly know what commitments/plans they may have or not. I know it's upsetting to lose gems, because I've done it myself, however I'd never blame TL.
    You're wrong. They know exactly what they are doing with gem traps. That's why their support policy is to never refund gems for any accidental purchases.

I understand not refunding boxes because they have a random element and can be abused like if you didn't get what you wanted and asked for refund but for set price gem items?

Ok, so your developers haven't gotten around to adding a confirmation. In the meantime why can't support refund people that accidentally purchase other gem items?

Because that's their policy.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast