Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Wall Bullying - Personal Game Playing Rules

Grand Emperor
    For the last week I am 3-4 stars in BS, otherwise I have been 4 stars in 3 games for the time I have played. I always post visits on nbrs' walls. Depending on how much time I have, I'll either tip/water all, most, some or no nbrs, but I always tip/water back from both my news feed and wall. I would have no problem following the rules in the first post. Yet I would not add a nbr with rules that stringent. I have seen rules like that in the Add Me threads, and even though I could follow them, did not add the nbr because of the tone. You can keep the rules and follow through with them, but if they were milder in the post, there might not be as many problems.

Banned
    I strongly believe,there is no excuse for rudeness or meanness,and everyone has the right to play and choose nbrs.if that player decides to have rules,that too should be allowed.This player believes by having these rules,everyone who wishes to be a nbr should at least try to follow them.It does state what is expected of them.
    Others will take advantage,and this player just wants good Nbrs,like we all do I'm sure.

Grand Emperor
    Everyone has a right to post whatever rules they want and follow through with them. People in this thread are trying to provide feedback to better lure the good nbrs and better prevent harassment from rude and immature people. Last week there was a whole thread of people who said they were told they were mean just because they posted, in various ways, that they were not accepting new nbrs. I did not know that happened until then, and I can't believe people would call others mean for those posts. This is the same type of situation.

Banned
    I am in total support of the member who posted, I have given my views and I respect the members right to have rules,if that is so decided.No one should be picked on because they post rules,many do this and it's totally a personal decision.
    I would never try to sway anyone,it's their choice,I've simply stated what to do in terms of contacting support etc.

Executive Chef
    Those are reasonable guidelines. I also post on my wall, but only the fact that I am a wife and mother and go to school, so I don't play daily ( I would very much like to ). But I also get posts of rudeness and get called names on my wall occasionally, even though I have stated I have a family & full course load that comes first. I do not let it get to me though as I have bigger more important things to worry about than silly people harassing players because they don't tip/gift back daily. There is a delete button that they can also use if they like, no need for inappropriate comments
    PM/ Profile |Gamerologizm Fan Link in Forum (previously known as Supreme Dynasty) | Transfer Method
    Dragon Egg Chart Mostly updated (I've given up on Dragon because most Dragons are unobtainable for me; but still update when I can when I'm not scrambling with RS & BS to complete their goals.)
    Restaurant & Bakery Completely Updated!
    IDs: Sehana (main)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sehana View Post
    Those are reasonable guidelines. I also post on my wall, but only the fact that I am a wife and mother and go to school, so I don't play daily ( I would very much like to ). But I also get posts of rudeness and get called names on my wall occasionally, even though I have stated I have a family & full course load that comes first. I do not let it get to me though as I have bigger more important things to worry about than silly people harassing players because they don't tip/gift back daily. There is a delete button that they can also use if they like, no need for inappropriate comments
    Your such a lovely nbr and yes the delete button is their to be used.I totally agree, never any need for inappropriate behaviour.Or to involve others, that's just silly and very unkind.

Grand Emperor
    So, we have people receiving negative posts because:

> They post nbr requirements
    > They say they can't play daily
    > They say they're not accepting new nbrs

I think I'll stick with not posting any of these types of comments on my wall.

When I accept a nbr, I will post on their wall some notes on how I play and the constructable I would like to receive parts for, as well as asking them what they want. I have never gotten negative comments on this either, and no one has deleted me for that initial post.

You can always use the Add Me threads or Neighbor Finder https://sehanafortress.com/tl_id to post your requirements and pick you neighbors with little chance of being harassed in-game. But from experience, some people adding you from either will ignore your requests and will not live up to what they post.

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by barleycoon View Post
    I strongly believe,there is no excuse for rudeness or meanness,and everyone has the right to play and choose nbrs.if that player decides to have rules,that too should be allowed.This player believes by having these rules,everyone who wishes to be a nbr should at least try to follow them.It does state what is expected of them.
    Others will take advantage,and this player just wants good Nbrs,like we all do I'm sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by barleycoon View Post
    I am in total support of the member who posted, I have given my views and I respect the members right to have rules,if that is so decided.No one should be picked on because they post rules,many do this and it's totally a personal decision.
    I would never try to sway anyone,it's their choice,I've simply stated what to do in terms of contacting support etc.
    Anyone can post whatever they want on their walls, as long as its appropriate. The originator's only request was, "I am curious to know if anyone have their own game playing rules and stragety." and I have provided posts here that discuss how I play in answer to his request. That person can take the inputs from all the posters, and choose to adjust his post or keep it as is. The originator did not ask for help in contacting support but that is helpful also.

Fashion Designer
    I don't have rules. I play for sheer enjoyment. My world has enough rules. I don't post mssgs either when I visit and tend. If I did, I wouldn't be able to tend everyone back who visited me...my days get overwhelmingly busy. These games are a stress release. The moment they turn into a stressor, they're gone. That includes having to live by/up to another's expectations. I'm generally a 4 star sometimes slipping to 3. I neither put out nbr requests, nor do I accept them. Thats the way I play. If one of my many nbrs don't like the way I play, they're free to delete me. No hard feelings. No feelings at all. It's just a game. It's strange because I've heard of others having tribulations like you describe, yet I've never, in the year andva half I've played ever had to contend with a troll.

That said, you have every right to play the way you wish. If another doesn't want to play the same way, then a simple delete without explanation may serve you better than telling them why. If they're that bad of a nbr, they probably won't notice you deleted. Then for sure you're rid of them with less risk of getting annoyed by a teenaged troll

Good luck
    Fightin crime, fightin crime, all day long, fightin crime- oh look! my donuts are ready

In order of preference with current levels
    FARM lvl 96 BAKERY lvl 96 Restaurant lvl 96 Fashion lvl 89 {{ NO longer playing the following: CITY lvl 96 Zoo lvl 42 Empire lvl 67 Treasure lvl 72 Nightclub lvl }}65

Lesleypsg1 the Deadly, winner of the first ever Mogwai Combat Simulator Mobile Cannon Battle

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by nmishii View Post
    Anyone can post whatever they want on their walls, as long as its appropriate. The originator's only request was, "I am curious to know if anyone have their own game playing rules and stragety." and I have provided posts here that discuss how I play in answer to his request. That person can take the inputs from all the posters, and choose to adjust his post or keep it as is. The originator did not ask for help in contacting support but that is helpful also.
    I will always advise going to support,if inappropriate comments have been posted so support can investigate.
    The OP can choose whichever rules they want to follow regarding nbrs,it's others who should be mature and cope if they are deleted.

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast