Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Discussing Android issues in a thread about FaS features not available to Android

Fashion Designer

Discussing Android issues in a thread about FaS features not available to Android

...is not a complete derailing of a thread. It's a related topic.
    Or maybe there is some small print in the forum guidelines I have overlooked? And how closing a discussion in which half a dozend people are participating is respectful to users of this forum is also beyond my comprehension.

I quoted the most recent statistic I found online after a very brief google search, btw. If anybody else has better numbers do fell free to add them.

Fact remains that there are several major FaS features that are not avaiable to Android users and I'm going to keep complaining about this when the subject comes up.

Unless there is a posting rule I have overlooked and that forbids this? I mean, I am using server capacities here which are, I assume, paid for by TL so they can really decide on what I am allowed to write about.

Executive Chef
    The problem is -- there are people who have the features who would like to talk about them.

However, when other people comment on the thread and steer it toward one issue -- one that has been discussed ad nauseum anyway -- it limits the ability of the thread creators and original participants to discuss the topic they wish to discuss. It also turns the forums into a largely negative and unwelcoming place, which is obviously not our intention.

I don't think I'm asking anything too outlandish. If there's a thread about one topic, don't use it as a soapbox for the topic (even if it's a related topic) you'd rather discuss. Just keep it to one of the threads already on the topic, or create a new one for redundancy's sake. I am reading your comments and complaints, and TeamLava is well-aware of your feedback -- so please don't ruin other people's conversations or forum experiences because you have a point to get across. And that applies to all users, regardless of their Operating System.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by GroupMagma View Post
    The problem is -- there are people who have the features who would like to talk about them.
    A limited number of preferred customers.

However, when other people comment on the thread and steer it toward one issue -- one that has been discussed ad nauseum anyway -- it limits the ability of the thread creators and original participants to discuss the topic they wish to discuss. It also turns the forums into a largely negative and unwelcoming place, which is obviously not our intention.
    I disagree, as do others, I gather, but...

I don't think I'm asking anything too outlandish. If there's a thread about one topic, don't use it as a soapbox for the topic (even if it's a related topic) you'd rather discuss. Just keep it to one of the threads already on the topic, or create a new one for redundancy's sake. I am reading your comments and complaints, and TeamLava is well-aware of your feedback -- so please don't ruin other people's conversations or forum experiences because you have a point to get across. And that applies to all users, regardless of their Operating System.
    TL is aware but has shown no indication that they actually care. There has been no effort to reassure Android users that they won't remain second-class citizens and there have, in fact, been comments that indicate the opposite is true: that we are forever relegated to the roles of red-headed step-children getting only hand-me-downs forevermore while our iOS neighbors get all the latest and greatest, newest and shiniest well before we do.

Even a hint that you might consider thinking about maybe having a meeting to discuss the very concept of parity between the platforms would be substantially better than the feedback we've gotten to date.

Fashion Designer
    Hm, I am obviously used to a much quicker moving forum where it is possible to discuss several related things in one thread...

I've played this game for about three month (I think) There was one large catching-up update for Android (koi pond and collectibles) and nothing since then. And while I do realize that it is much easier to programm for two pieces of hardware instead of over 100, at the end of the day the money of android users has the same value as that of iDevice users. And while this disparity exists we are going to complain about this 'ad nausam' - just as some people complain endlessly about not being able to delete invites, water or not water animals, bouncing waterdrop etc.

As long as this problem won't go way I'm afraid you'll have to read quite a few more or these posts.

I am wondering a bit about your comment about how these discussions turn the forum into an unwelcoming and negative place. It is a gaming forum - of course most of it is whining about stuff concerning game. And I'm actually not getting a warm, fuzzy and welcoming feeling when reading about a multitude of nice features that I cannot use.

Grand Emperor
    It is really just common sense that if android users could get answers (timelines) about all the features that we lack the complaining would stop. Generally people talk about something "ad nauseum" because their issues are not bring addressed. Saying "we cannot speculate on when that will be" is not addressing the issue. Surely you guys must have SOME kind of idea when android will get the features. Or IF.

Also its the natural progression of conversation that sometimes the subject may change course when a group of people are speaking with each other. That doesn't mean the original issue has been derailed. Closing a thread where people are actively discussing something solves nothing.

Maybe if TL addressed and rectified the issues there wouldn't be such a "negative" atmosphere on the forum. If the company makes people unhappy they can hardly be surprised when people are unhappy.

However, when other people comment on the thread and steer it toward one issue -- one that has been discussed ad nauseum anyway -- it limits the ability of the thread creators and original participants to discuss the topic they wish to discuss.
    Many topics are discussed ad nauseum--collectibles, bouncing water, game bugs, etc, etc. Right now, there are at least 8 threads discussing the exact same thing--lower collectible rates. However, that doesn't seem to be a concern. The overwhelming majority of threads are not based on what the original poster presented, but have evolved as conversations do.

If there's a thread about one topic, don't use it as a soapbox for the topic (even if it's a related topic) you'd rather discuss. Just keep it to one of the threads already on the topic, or create a new one for redundancy's sake. I am reading your comments and complaints, and TeamLava is well-aware of your feedback -- so please don't ruin other people's conversations or forum experiences because you have a point to get across. And that applies to all users, regardless of their Operating System.
    In a few isolated cases, I think you have a fair point. However, in the majority of cases, I think you are ignoring the natural flow of conversation principles. Most threads evolve due to the dynamics of conversational flow. A few days ago, a thread was closed that exhibited these principles. The original post was asked, answered and discussed repeatedly for multiple pages; the conversation took a normal turn and evolved in a lengthy discussion about a different aspect. It was closed based on moderator unhappiness on where the conversation evolved (the taboo of talking about android issues).

It is normal for a topic to discuss pros and cons of a particular topic. For example, if a topic is presented on coffee, one poster writes she likes coffee, he writes that he doesn't, she writes that she likes French vanilla cream in her coffee, then other write about the benefits of flavored creamers.....yes, the thread is off topic, but it naturally evolved due to the art of conversation. The same applies to collectibles---I love collectibles; I don't, as I don't have them. Once again, this is quite normal for conversational dynamics, but in TL land, this requires that the conversation stop and another thread posted as it is an android concern. It is quite absurd and unnatural, in my opinion.

In my opinion, the problem of TL forums is the lack of consistency and applying the same rules across all topics--rather than just android discussions. If the rule is that android issues cannot be discussed within the natural flow of conversation and requires a new thread to be opened, then the same rules should be applied to every other topic. Using that metric, then the majority of threads on the forum would need to be closed.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by felicitybliss View Post
    In my opinion, the problem of TL forums is the lack of consistency and applying the same rules across all topics--rather than just android discussions. If the rule is that android issues cannot be discussed within the natural flow of conversation and requires a new thread to be opened, then the same rules should be applied to every other topic. Using that metric, then the majority of threads on the forum would need to be closed.
    So, in the end, it's just another example of a TL bias against Android users. If someone brings up dancing waters, the inability to cancel neighbor invites, bouncing coins, gem traps or some other pet peeve in a thread about something else that's perfectly okay. As soon as the word "Android" is typed, however, a hoard of mods/admins descend on the evil-doers to rid the world of their distractions.

I guess the real question is this: Why is TL so worried about coverage of its obvious anti-Android bias? They aren't worried enough to eliminate that bias, of course, but suppressing or sequestering discussion thereof is important to them. Why? Who are they trying to protect? Who or what are they hiding from? Enquiring minds want to know...

Nightclub Owner
    ! Good old Blighty=)...and here permanenty right now!
    In my opinion (my opinion, please do not attack it) is that TL have no bias to either OS.
    They started off on the Apple platform, but have recently released a lot of their games on Android as well.
    I am personally quite sure that they're trying their very best.

On the topic of the thread, as an iOS user, I have to agree that it can get very frustrating (the same as some Androis users perhaps feel? Not a nice one, they would certainly know) when a discussion on a new feature is started, a discussion gets underway...and "Android users don't have this"...then that becomes the whole discussion.

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachael98 View Post
    In my opinion (my opinion, please do not attack it) is that TL have no bias to either OS.
    They started off on the Apple platform, but have recently released a lot of their games on Android as well.

On the topic of the thread, as an iOS user, I have to agree that it can get very frustrating (the same as some Androis users perhaps feel? Not a nice one, they would certainly know) when a discussion on a new feature is started, a discussion gets underway...and "Android users don't have this"...then that becomes the whole discussion.
    How can you "personally be sure" they are trying their best?

And their actions clearly show a bias.

So basically if a thread is about one of the many features that Android doesn't have we should just not say anything. Got it. That rules out an awful lot of threads. Why doesn't TL just rename the forum "The teamlava forum for ios users". Because that's what its turning into.

Rachael I'm sure you would feel differently if you had considerably less features then all your neighbors.

Rhino Keeper
    Evidence contradicts this opinion.

(And, as you hopefully already know, disagreement is not an attack.)

But trying their very best at what? Certainly not establishing iOS/Android parity and being fair to all of their players. Again, the evidence speaks loudly on that.

Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast