Thread: Clock appears above customer's head? What should I do?

Question Clock appears above customer's head? What should I do?

Hi guys,

I'm having some trouble with my boutique. After 4 customers open the door to enter my shop, from the 5th one there's a clock above their heads, although I still have clothes inside that are completely approachable (1 rack with Motor jackets). This has reduced my sales a lot lately.

Does anyone have any idea what's going on with my shop? I've moved the door and the cash register to several different places and positions and even add more but it's still the same

The clock indicates that the customer is waiting for a clothes to be available to look at. Each counter or clothes rack can only accommodate one or maybe two customers looking at it at any given time (although the game seems to be smart enough to queue people in transit). If you have only one rack populated in one store, and several customers approaching it, then there might be a limit to how many customers can be queued for a rack. That's just my suggestion from my own experience.

Only recommendation would be to spread your clothes across several different racks even if they are the same type.
    Last edited by JustKay; 10-08-14 at 09:41 PM.

Executive Chef
    How did you move your door? I have tried tapping and tap-hold-dragging every part of my screen even remotely close to my door, in as many ways as humanly possible, and my door won't budge. When I want to move my window or clock, they similarly refuse to move, so I developed a work-around: I put them in storage then take them out again. But it won't let me put the door in storage (it says, "You must have at least one door to your boutique). Can someone please share with me the magic formula for moving one's door? Thanks.

The Honorable Panda
    Quote Originally Posted by zenobia42 View Post
    How did you move your door? I have tried tapping and tap-hold-dragging every part of my screen even remotely close to my door, in as many ways as humanly possible, and my door won't budge. When I want to move my window or clock, they similarly refuse to move, so I developed a work-around: I put them in storage then take them out again. But it won't let me put the door in storage (it says, "You must have at least one door to your boutique). Can someone please share with me the magic formula for moving one's door? Thanks.
    You will need to buy another door, then you can place that one, then move your current door.
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

The Honorable Panda
    Quote Originally Posted by tennysonrobin View Post
    Hi guys,

I'm having some trouble with my boutique. After 4 customers open the door to enter my shop, from the 5th one there's a clock above their heads, although I still have clothes inside that are completely approachable (1 rack with Motor jackets). This has reduced my sales a lot lately.

Does anyone have any idea what's going on with my shop? I've moved the door and the cash register to several different places and positions and even add more but it's still the same
    See post on design layout

Quote Originally Posted by DaojinWildfire View Post
    When you changed up the layout of your boutique by adding changing rooms and mirrors, you may have reduced the pathway efficiency. I'll try to explain how this mechanic works so that you will understand, so please bear with me if it sounds confusing.

If you have inventory in your store, then a customer can do 2 things.

1. Go to a mirror
    2. Go to a changing room

When a customer decides to do one of these tasks, they will reserve the mirror or changing room, which means that another NPC, even if they are closer, cannot access that mirror/room.

For example, there's an NPC near the top of the boutique and she decides to go to a changing room. The one she reserves happens to be at the very bottom of the store. Since this room has been reserved by the NPC, no one else can use it. And since the distance is really long, top of the store to bottom (not to mention complicated pathways with decorations), the travel time for this NPC would be long. This long travel/access time reduces the amount of NPCs that can access this room per min/hour. This decreased rate will result in lower sales.

To make your pathway and layout more efficient, try placing your changing rooms and mirrors closing to the center of the store, but with pathways in between.
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by kooky panda View Post
    You will need to buy another door, then you can place that one, then move your current door.
    So I would have to spend 10 gems. Bummer. Guess I'll make do with the door location the game gives me. Just my opinion, but I don't think it's right that you have to spend gems to just move your door, when the door is something absolutely required for the game. I get that fancier versions of things you can buy with coins (racks, tables, etc.) cost gems - that makes perfect sense to me. But an absolute game essential should not, IMO, cost gems.

Quote Originally Posted by zenobia42 View Post
    So I would have to spend 10 gems. Bummer. Guess I'll make do with the door location the game gives me. Just my opinion, but I don't think it's right that you have to spend gems to just move your door, when the door is something absolutely required for the game. I get that fancier versions of things you can buy with coins (racks, tables, etc.) cost gems - that makes perfect sense to me. But an absolute game essential should not, IMO, cost gems.
    I don't think it's by design. It's just not possible to have a store without a door, and all wall decorations have to be stored once they are out. They cannot be slid across the walls. Hence, you cannot store the door unless you have another door to your store. Unless you can store the door, you cannot move it along the walls. It's more bad design then intent to force you to spend gems. They also can't sell doors for coins since the amount of doors you have affects the maximum number of customers that come to your stores (more doors and people will potentially accumulate coins faster).

That said 10 gems is not a big spend, and the game does start out by giving you 20 gems. So if you don't spend any during the tutorial phase, then you have enough gems to move your door and change your store name once

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by JustKay View Post
    I don't think it's by design. It's just not possible to have a store without a door, and all wall decorations have to be stored once they are out. They cannot be slid across the walls. Hence, you cannot store the door unless you have another door to your store. Unless you can store the door, you cannot move it along the walls. It's more bad design then intent to force you to spend gems. They also can't sell doors for coins since the amount of doors you have affects the maximum number of customers that come to your stores (more doors and people will potentially accumulate coins faster).

That said 10 gems is not a big spend, and the game does start out by giving you 20 gems. So if you don't spend any during the tutorial phase, then you have enough gems to move your door and change your store name once

I definitely agree that it's more a design element than anything (you need at least one door in order for customers to enter your store and since the only way to move wall items is to first store them, then place them in the new location, you need two doors in order to change where it's located) but I completely disagree that they can't offer a door for coins. In fact, they just gave us a door for coins in Bakery Story. It was a part of last month's coffeehouse goal and it's not a "plain" door so it won't blend w/all decor BUT it is a door and it was for coins. And not too terribly expensive either... I think it was for like 20k or so. I'm just saying, if they can offer a coin door in BS, they could, if they wanted to, do one for FS.
    Last edited by sugakane_01; 10-11-14 at 08:52 AM. Reason: fixed typos

Rhino Keeper
    It's stupid that you have to store wall decorations in order to move them in the first place.