Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Candy Corn??

Executive Chef
    That makes sense... But I don't think anyone had the chance to buy anything since it was released for such a short time. Other than doing a couple recipes or planting some crops. The decorations, at least on RS, were a 5 gem each table, chair and wallpaper. Then every decoration was 20,25,35,55 gems. Crazy prices!!!

Grand Emperor
    The prices are getting higher and higher. I commented on this for Farm Story yesterday and someone replied back that the more opportunities TL gives us to earn gems, the higher the prices will be, or something like that.

Executive Chef
    That's ridiculous. We can't earn 55 gems to pay for a silly witch cat. What are they so worried about? We want to earn gems so we can AFFORD GEM ITEMS. Not so gems can be worth less and less until we have to spend money either way.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by nmishii View Post
    The prices are getting higher and higher. I commented on this for Farm Story yesterday and someone replied back that the more opportunities TL gives us to earn gems, the higher the prices will be, or something like that.
    That was me! And I do think it's true. I also think that they gauge desirability of items from the feedback the get from the forum. You want a peacock? Okay you can have a pretty peacock, but it's going to cost you! You want cats and more dogs? Okay, but you have to buy gems to get them for "free."

Quote Originally Posted by joyirene View Post
    That's ridiculous. We can't earn 55 gems to pay for a silly witch cat. What are they so worried about? We want to earn gems so we can AFFORD GEM ITEMS. Not so gems can be worth less and less until we have to spend money either way.
    You can totally earn 55 gems. There are about 80 crops and trees (sorry my spreadsheet is not up-to-date, so I don't have the exact numbers). If you started fresh, and earned gems at levels 2 and 4 for everything, that would be at least 160 gems. If you're like me and already had many crops at level 4 when they started giving gems for that, you'll at least have 80 gems for level 2 plus any level 4s that you reached since it changed. And now you can get 13 gems for badges. (I know not everyone has badges yet, but 13 is peanuts compared to the 80-160 you get for crops.)

Furthermore, there are a lot of contests. I know the odds are not very good for winning those, but they still exist, and some of them have huge gem pay-offs.
    Last edited by MiniLaura; 09-25-11 at 01:26 PM.

Fashion Designer
    That doesn't make the prices any less crazy.
    Sorry, Laura, I play other farming games, too, and I think that what is going in FmS is just a bit mental. I got my credit card bill today - i have paid more than my share for server space, support time and copyright usage for TL. In comparison to its competitions Fms is insanely expensive. What saves it are the lovely desings and immense variety of crops and the hay art options.

But this whole 'Oh we won't let you have tiny pictures of animals unless you pay at least 10% of what the living thing costs in real life' is just surreal.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by DerGelbeKaiser View Post
    That doesn't make the prices any less crazy.
    Sorry, Laura, I play other farming games, too, and I think that what is going in FmS is just a bit mental. I got my credit card bill today - i have paid more than my share for server space, support time and copyright usage for TL. In comparison to its competitions Fms is insanely expensive. What saves it are the lovely desings and immense variety of crops and the hay art options.

But this whole 'Oh we won't let you have tiny pictures of animals unless you pay at least 10% of what the living thing costs in real life' is just surreal.
    I don't know why you are apologizing to me. What you're saying does not contradict anything that I've said.

Yes, TL games can be expensive. Yes, the prices of gem items are going up to ridiculous levels. Yes, it's annoying that in order to get certain items, you have to buy gems to get it as a so-called free gift. (The "free" gift thing is what really annoys me.)

However, I do not believe that you have to spend money to enjoy the game. You also do not have to spend money to buy gem items--you just can't buy a lot of them. I have been playing FmS since June 2010 and I have spent a grand total of $9.99 on the game. And I only spent that because I really wanted a cat, and I figured that $9.99 wasn't so bad considering how much I enjoy the game.

Farm Supplier
    Halloween is the bet let's u feel like a kid again xo

Nightclub Owner
    ! Good old Blighty=)...and here permanenty right now!
    Quote Originally Posted by MiniLaura View Post
    However, I do not believe that you have to spend money to enjoy the game. You also do not have to spend money to buy gem items--you just can't buy a lot of them. I have been playing FmS since June 2010 and I have spent a grand total of $9.99 on the game. And I only spent that because I really wanted a cat, and I figured that $9.99 wasn't so bad considering how much I enjoy the game.
    You're completely correct; it is not necessary to buy gens to enjoy the games. They are free to download, after all! I rarely buy gems, and I am still (very) enthusiastic about the games, and love to play them. That's the beauty of it.
    Still, gem prices could go down.

Executive Chef
    I also agree. No one is being forced to buy gems. It would just be nice if ONCE IN A WHILE, there were some great items that cost COINS. And I wish things weren't getting so expensive... 55 gems is a lot to me, and it would take a long time to save on RS or BS. I don't play farm, but I'm sure crop mastery takes around the same time...

Banned
    We probably paying boss man directly since he parking his sweet okole behind a comp for dish out yum yums for us play with and some toys is getting large in scale and the ante has been upped by double tens.....some serious juice been pumped out lately.....maybe throw some candy at us for Christmas to make up for inflation rates during Halloween(even though I think it's the Best Jam Pack Goodie Bag that had catch my eyes for Holidays)....A few pieces...from Santa & His Supa Elves....

Joy is 35~40 gems a reasonable price?
    Me thinks maybe a few suggestions might help give da company what everybody willing for drop kalawith ease & aloha

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast