Thread: Spirit of Halloween Facebook Contest

Spirit of Halloween Facebook Contest

Halloween is almost upon us and TeamLava wants your help to spread some Halloween spirit!

Entries are accepted from October 14th to Noon of October 29th, 2010.

Here is how to enter our Spirit of Halloween Facebook Contest:

1. Decorate your farm in the spirit of Halloween. Whether it be a field full of withered crops or a pumpkin design on your farm with current items, let the spirit of Halloween inspire you.

2. Take a photo of your farm with the in-game snap feature (if you do not see this feature please update your Farm Story).

3. Now visit your Facebook wall. On your wall you should see your newly uploaded picture of your Halloween Farm.

4. Click on the image.

5. You will find at the very bottom of the page the following text: "Share this photo with anyone by sending them this public link: [then it is followed by a link].

6. Post your screenshot to our official Facebook page to enter ( http://www.facebook.com/farmstory). All you need to do is copy and paste the link you find below the picture when you click it on your wall and post it to our wall.

To Be Continued in the Next Post...
    Last edited by Norman; 10-14-2010 at 12:30 PM.

The Prize:

1. One player whose farm best embodies the Halloween spirit will be chosen to be the winner of an exclusive City Story t-shirt (pictured below).

2. That player will also receive 200 Gems credited to their Farm Story game account.

The Winner:

The winner will be chosen on October 29th, 2010 and will be messaged privately via Facebook to obtain the mailing address and the size of the T-shirt they want.

The farms will be judged on creativity and how well it embodies the Halloween spirit.

Disclaimers and Rules:

- This contest is open to all players with a valid mailing address.
    - All inappropriate entries will be deleted and disqualified.
    - One entry per player.
    - If an entry is copied, only the first entry will count.
    - This is not a forum contest. Your picture needs to be posted to Facebook in order to qualify.
    Last edited by Norman; 10-19-2010 at 03:40 PM.

This thread is only open to questions if you have issues posting your screenshot to Facebook. Do not post your farm pictures here.
    Last edited by Norman; 10-14-2010 at 01:09 PM.

Unregistered

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Norman View Post
    This thread is only open to questions if you have issues posting your screenshot to Facebook. Do not post your farm pictures here.
    Sorry Norman to bother here, but I'm having serious issues in posting my entry for the contest on Facebook. I did everything you explained in the first post of this thread - step by step. I posted the public link to the picture on your official Facebook page as you said and, as long as I'm logged into my Facebook account, I can see my post on your wall, but, when I log out, it seems disappeared, while I can see posts from other people. The direct link to the picture seems working, though: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...&id=1489108358. So... I was wondering if you can see my post and if my entry is valid anyway.

Thank you very very much in advance.

My ID: LaylaBauer

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Sorry Norman to bother here, but I'm having serious issues in posting my entry for the contest on Facebook. I did everything you explained in the first post of this thread - step by step. I posted the public link to the picture on your official Facebook page as you said and, as long as I'm logged into my Facebook account, I can see my post on your wall, but, when I log out, it seems disappeared, while I can see posts from other people. The direct link to the picture seems working, though: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...&id=1489108358. So... I was wondering if you can see my post and if my entry is valid anyway.

Thank you very very much in advance.

My ID: LaylaBauer
    I am sorry to hear you weren't able to post your picture to our official wall. You have a very nice farm.

This is the winner of our Spirit of Halloween Contest.

Link: http://www.facebook.com/pages/manage...24238494270502

A message has been sent via Facebook to the winner in regards to the prizes.