View Poll Results: Do we want a "block" button?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes pls! some of the players are getting on my nerves

45 93.75%
  • No, everyone has a right to comment/TL support should be helping us block them

3 6.25%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do we want a "block" button?

The Honorable Panda
    Quote Originally Posted by latenightbite View Post
    YES! Block button would be awesome for the unhappy little creatures that leave their rude comments. I've only had a problem once, and to this day I still don't even know what started the comments.

The other day my husband got a message on his RS wall-- it literally said "This place is ugly, your a loser!" So he tipped them and wrote 'Thank you so much! Have a great day!!' on their wall, little brat responded back and literally said she liked his attitude and was just looking to see what people would say to her if she were mean- then had the nerve to ask him if he wanted to be neighbors. He didn't respond...

YES TO THE BLOCK BUTTON!!!
    your hubby was lucky on that one. We do always try to encourage ppl to never respond back at all.(do not even tell them to leave you alone) This only gives the abuser a link to you wall. I do not even tip/water back someone like this.
    But I do agree block button would be nice.
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

Grand Emperor
    I never had a need for a block button, and wouldn't respond to the poster if the situation arose.

But I do agree, there should be a block button because from reading the posts in this forum, there are people out there who deserve to be blocked.

The Honorable Panda
    Okay one thing I want to throw out ..( do not yell at me.lol) I would like to see a block button, but there can be issues with a block button. So some discussion may be needed for suggestions to prevent some dramas I can see coming with a block button.
    If a block button is added, remember if you block someone from your wall, inviting you etc, you will also be blocked from their wall.
    What is going to happen if someone accidentally blocks you and they do not realize it??? When you go to water/tip them, you will see you are blocked, but you cannot ask them why because you will not be able to post on their wall. Then when they come over(if they did not realize that they blocked you) and they think you blocked them????
    Can you see the drama that could happen?? The only way you can communication is through a mutual nbr.
    What if you go over not knowing you blocked someone and you see that everyone is talking about you?? Most ppl will jump on the third party wall and get it solved, but from what I see
    even when I delete someone, some ppl can get very nasty and ugly and offended when deleted. What about if they are blocked?

If you share other games, you can go ask them why they blocked you and get it resolved , and have a giggle over it, but what if you do not share any other games?

I say this, because in Tradenation game, there is a block feature and I have a nbr that I have in all the story games. One day I went over and found she blocked me on trade nation.
    Well I went over to Farm to ask her why and she told me.. hey you blocked me... I said no I did not... well long story short.. she went and checked and she did accidentally block me.
    We did laugh over it, but what if you cannot communicate with that person?

Support may start getting emails from ppl claiming that they were blocked and did not do anything to be blocked.

Maybe some suggestions on how this can be handled may be nice to include.

Banned
    Okay valid point kooky......how about a report button.....setup in help FAQ....with a small description post box

Banned
    It's far enough away for no accidents to happen...

Banned
    Cause I seen some stupid _____ last night......

The Honorable Panda
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawaiianmomma View Post
    Okay valid point kooky......how about a report button.....setup in help FAQ....with a small description post box
    possible. how about starting a new thread on this suggestion. I think when numerous suggestions are put on one thread, it gets mixed up and takes away from the original suggestion.
    If you start a new thread on the report in the game, that would be interesting to see what others think about it and suggestions of how that report button would work.

Banned
    Okay kooky....

Farm Supplier
    A block button would be very useful for us!! And also a button to delete "invites" from people who don't play the game anymore or are no longer interested in being neighbours.

Farm Supplier
    We really could use block button. I really try not to respond to wall haters as it just encourages them, but it would be nice to be able not to deal with them fter that first visit.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast