Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: how to get more customers

Farm Supplier
    Do more doors and registers really mean more customers? i have 2 registers and one door and easily have 50 plus shoppers at once. I always thought customers were based on amount of clothes you have in shop
    Just wondering, but do you have a lot of tables & racks? I have almost 100 combined in my store and I have a lot of shoppers all the time, too. (Wish it was like that in Bakery Story.)

Based on how much I make when ordering 30-minute items, I would guess that I make about $10,000 an hour. (BTW, I have 2 doors & 3 registers.)

Rhino Keeper
    From my knowledge of what's been posted on the forums over the months, I believe these are some of the conclusions made by players -

- The number of customers that visits your store scales with how many racks/tables are stocked with clothes. This also means that the number of mirrors and dressing rooms required to make sure there are no broken hearts will increase as your stocked racks/tables increase.

- Though it's not necessary to buy enough dressing rooms and mirrors to accommodate every customer (so there's no broken hearts) to retain a 100 rating (meaning that if you get some broken hearts you can always get back up to an 100 rating just by making other customers happy), getting broken hearts still mean loss of business and a customer leaving the store without buying anything. It's up to your play style if you want to keep investing coins into more dressing rooms/mirrors for the marginal increase in sales, or if you just want enough to hover at 100 happiness.

- Though the number of customers that enter your store correlates with stocked racks/shelves, you can control the browsing space of these racks. For example, if you find you're getting way too many Contrast Pumps as gifts and you're tired of having one table with, say, 5,000 in stock that just wasn't selling, you can try some tricks with them:
    1. Block off some of your merchandise with plants, etc. so that customers can't get to them. This will still bring customers in the door. Place the tables with clothes you have plenty of that you want to sell fast, like that 5,000 count of pumps.
    2. If you have a rack/table that is not blocked from any direction, you can have a maximum of 4 customers browsing that rack. I tested this myself by blocking all my clothes with the exception of one table in the middle of the floor. The recently added long table can have up to 6 customers browsing.
    3. You can always spread out the clothes you have a lot of. i.e, in the morning when I collect my gifts, I usually spread out all the Contrast Pumps to, say, 5 different tables. This way they will be sold out by the evening, and I won't end up with a horde of 5,000 on one table. Conversely, I want my shop to have an variety of clothes, so outfits that takes 1-2 days to order, I block them off with plants so that they don't get sold out in a day and make my store look pretty. This will also make sure I have some racks filled for when my neighbors come to tip me.

- Extra doors and cash registers does not bring more customer. However, they will be used and fully functional. But you can still argue that spending the gems to buy them is strictly decorative.

- Blocking the door while restocking will sometimes bug out and cause all current stocked shelves to sell out (usually after you unblock the door, exit the game, and return the next time, you'll get the usual notification that you made XXXXX coins while you're gone, except the amount is massive compare to usual, and it's the net worth of your stock. Although some have reported bugs that they didn't earn ANY coins and their stock is gone.)

- In Bakery/Restaurant Story, some folks have discovered that if you place tables close to the door, customers will enter, sit down and eat, and leave faster due to the shorter walk time, therefore, getting more customer per minute than the average. I don't know if this is the case with Fashion Story and if anyone has tested it yet.

Host(ess)
    Right now I have 26 racks and 19 tables with 3 doors and 3 registers. I save my gems from mastery levels to buy the doors. I just checked and in 60-90 seconds the store already had more than 25 customers. I don't have any racks or shelves blocked, but some are only accessible on two sides.

Rhino Keeper
    Thank you for the great answers! Wow, RageofMars that was exactly the kind of information I was looking for.
    Bridgette and Nutmeg, I have 17 racks, 16 tables and at most 14 customers. So thats more or less 1 customer for every two racks/tables!? Yes, first I thought its like Bakery with roughly 30 customers all the time.

Okay, so I will keep stocking and extending and if not to decorative, will even get another door!
    Thank you 

Host(ess)
    thank you for the tricks I will keep free spaces around the items and I will use the blocking trick to sell another item that is too much

Executive Chef
    you can't sell faster with blocking)) you just won't sell blocked stuff then. it sells about 38 items per hour off any rack/table, assuming you have 100 happiness, thats it. so to sell more just increase the number of racks, and remove or block them if running out of clothes too fast.

there's no daily limit like in the Bakery (or it's so high you won't reach it anyway), and no benefits of leaving the game running. you can see coins appear at any accessible rack regardless of how the customers walk.

Farm Supplier
    Simply put, the more racks and counters you have out, the more you'll sell and the more money you'll make.

Quote Originally Posted by Rachael98 View Post
    DO NOT BLOCK THE DOOR
    Reading around, blocking the door creates major problems. Block the register if you have no stock.
    Do keep customers coming in. Once you get to 100 Happy Rating, just keep stocked and the customers will keep coming. Be aware that you cannot get higher than 100, so that's the maximum once you reach it.
    U are right to get more customers order more clothes and to get a lot of money order and display a lot of clothes in the morning check the game and u will get money p.c add me friendsaregood12

Add me friendsaregood12

simply put, optimise the layout of your boutique to have as many racks and counters as possible, and spread out your stock so that you do not have coins locked up in the overloaded racks and counters. avoid ordering long hour catalogs as these contribute towards u spending money that goes into excessive stock that is money locked up in counters waiting to sell though. but keep the ordering non-stop. i only order 8 hour and above over night for example. make sure to master all the short time catalags as the level up gives you coin bonuses (& gems too)!

leave some tips uncollected in your store. I believe this does help, but manage it so that neighbours will still be able to tip. I usually have a 50/50 split. I have an area of my store with blocked off counters (limited items saved) which absorbs tips and i collect from while the actively selling counters and racks I leave tips on them until they sell out. the blocked off counters never sell out so I'm 100% sure that I can absorb x number of tips in the hours between checking, without worrying about selling out on the racks. tips are good money if you have good neighbours and give many tips yourself.

if you really want to sell through stock, store all those displays. go 100% counters and racks for a few days to really clear stock and expand as much as you can. more space = more counters\racks. you need to have enough mirrors and change rooms to support this and they need to be quickly accessible (ie. close to the exits or on the way back to them)

the deal with registers and doors is that they reduce the distance and waiting time for customers, and get them in and the out in a shorter amount of time as they walk a shorter distance. while this can be observed when you watch them, I'm not 100% sure how this affects the game when you don't have it loaded. it wouldn't be hard for TL to measure shorted distance to a register to do some math to determine how many items you should be able to sell overnight. to maximise benefits, you would actually want to have your store split between the number of doors and registers you have. each door should have one register very close to it. basically you use counters and racks to partition your store into two smaller stores! for two doors, this halves the maximum distance that any customer will walk and ensures that they enter and exit from the same door.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12