View Poll Results: How much food is on your counters?

Voters
594. You may not vote on this poll
  • None - they clear out every night!

57 9.60%
  • A good amount - I have a few counters full.

159 26.77%
  • TOO MUCH! I don't think I'll ever sell all of it!

378 63.64%
Page 32 of 39 FirstFirst ... 22282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: How much food is on your counters?

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by ruskpaels View Post
    I have 48 counters, and with about 800 of each dish sold each day a total of 48 x 800 = 38 400 are sold each day. Is this slow selling? How do you slow sell on purpose? I want to sell as much as possible.
    I use a "feeding spoon" layout to maximize food sold each day but there're plenty of players who don't do that - that's what I meant by "slow selling on purpose".

But I guess you can't do much more when you're already selling 38k every day...

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by sgoetzinger99 View Post
    WHY??? Why are you players with millions of plates of food doing this? And why do you keep cooking? I'm mystified, and would truly like to know.

WHY??????? Why have more food than you can sell in your lifetime??

Perhaps what they enjoy about this game is to master recipes and so they aim to do that asap

Host(ess)
    Its so hard to redesign my bakery when I have soooo much extra old food on old counters. I still have counters in my bakery from forever ago!!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by etninada View Post
    Its so hard to redesign my bakery when I have soooo much extra old food on old counters. I still have counters in my bakery from forever ago!!
    Exactly! When the Cottage Counters were introduced in the game I wanted to change 12 of my counters to Cottage Counters. I still haven't been able to change all of them because I'm still waiting for the counters to empty.

Rhino Keeper
    I learned very early to store ALL empty counters to avoid having any counters with same item on them! That leaves space for tables, chairs, & design. My bakery has more than my restaurant, but I'm surprised newer players don't read forum. As for how much food, most counters have between 8,000 - 100,000 svgs. That way, I don't have to cook every day & I cook items that give me maximum profit per svg rather than having some of everything cooked.

New Resident
    Quote Originally Posted by luincristiel View Post
    I use a "feeding spoon" layout to maximize food sold each day but there're plenty of players who don't do that - that's what I meant by "slow selling on purpose".

But I guess you can't do much more when you're already selling 38k every day...
    What's the feeding spoon layout and how do I achieve it? I'd like to sell as much as possible too.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by fifip93 View Post
    What's the feeding spoon layout and how do I achieve it? I'd like to sell as much as possible too.
    You search through the forum. There are many threads regarding strategy and layouts.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by fifip93 View Post
    The one I'm using now -

I have a bit of food. Most of my food items I have over 100,000 plates available. When I run the math, at the current rate of consumption it will take 20 years for all the food to be eaten. I still have 6,000 sticky cake and those haven't been offered in years. (I wish I could make more ....)

I'm on my maximum expansion and clearly I'll be out of space soon.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BakeryStory.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	222.9 KB 
ID:	32634

In order to sell food faster, I would recommend you change your layout to a "T" design or a feeding pen. My favorite layout is the "T" design by fecsuper In his post detailing his design he also supplied the mathematical reasoning to why the design works best. Best of luck to you
    Last edited by my3gray; 01-08-17 at 11:20 AM.