Thread: Using an Apple Giftcard to Purchase Gems

New Resident

Question Using an Apple Giftcard to Purchase Gems

Has anyone tried this? I believe you can buy an app in the app store with a giftcard but I'm not too sure about in-app purchases. I live in Canada if that makes a difference!

Thanks for all the help

Senior Moderator
    Not sure about Canada, but I would think it doesn't make a difference. What I did was make sure the iTunes card was the only active payment option (did this part on the computer), then when I went into the game, made a purchase, it asked for my password. I did it, and then double checked on the computer for my iTunes balance. It was deducted form there, no charge to the credit card I also have attached.
    Whenever you are having issues, try these two things first - restart your device,
    and delete and reinstall the app. Your progress is saved on TLs servers.
    Contact me by PM

Rhino Keeper
    I have, its just a gift card that transfers amount to wallet, this still requires a credit card.
    Doesn't make a difference in Canada.
    Be sure to get the gift cards from Fastcard, the activation on those are instant.
    If you try to use a gift card before its been activated, it will become unusable and very difficult to exchange

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by greygull View Post
    Not sure about Canada, but I would think it doesn't make a difference. What I did was make sure the iTunes card was the only active payment option (did this part on the computer), then when I went into the game, made a purchase, it asked for my password. I did it, and then double checked on the computer for my iTunes balance. It was deducted form there, no charge to the credit card I also have attached.
    Sometimes it will charge your credit card, when your account balance isn't able to cover for charges. Most often seen from GST, HST or PST.
    You will receive a email saying it has charged your store credit.

Banned
    I use them all the time, i recommend the use over credit cards anyday,make sure you click none on your account payment form before adding iTunes gift card so there is no overflow charge to your credit card and then go ahead and redeem your iTunes, don't leave a bulk balance of leftover cash, try to use most of it if possible, iTunes gets busted into all the time, protect yourself and your wallet Hon, Hope this info helps out

Fashion Designer

Cool I do

I use them all the time, too
    Master Restauranteur, Gamer and Tennis star