Page 1 of 38 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Restaurant Story Mystery Game - We Have a WINNER!!

Executive Chef

Restaurant Story Mystery Game - We Have a WINNER!!

7:00 a.m.
    -----------

"Of course the dessert wasn't misplaced!" the visibally shaken head waitress tells you, eyes wandering from you to the rest of the chefs filtering in to the restaurant for the upcoming cooking competition. "Somebody stole it!"

"Alright, alright.. just try to calm down and let's sort this out. There must be an explination."

"You bet there is an explination!" the waitress says, talking past you to draw the attention of the rest of the chefs entering the restaurant. "My chef is the best chef in the world, and all you other chefs know it! In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if YOU are the culprit!" she adds, singling you out from the gathering crowd of chefs.

"Whoa, slow down there, that is quite an acqusation to be making", you say, trying not to lose your nerve.

"Yea, you don't even have any proof" quips another chef from the crowd behind you.

"Okay, I'm sorry" the waitress says to you, regaining her composure. "I'm just so upset, as you can see. And the chef stormed out of the restaurant once he found out his dish for the competition was stolen. He's nowhere to be found."

You turn to address the rest of the chefs around you. "Well guys, it sounds like our competition today has taken a back seat to this new mystery." Turning back to the waitress, "We'll help you uncover your chef's missing dish, ma'am, would you start out by telling us what you know?"

"The rest of the waitresses and I were here all night assisting the chef with his preparations. Everything was going fine and we even finished our preparations ahead of schedule, so we all decided to meet back at the chef's mansion to enjoy some music and relax for a while before returning to the restaurant for the competiton today. When we returned, the dish was missing! All of our effort was wasted, and more importantly, the competition was over for us. The chef couldn't bear it, he ran out of the restaurant and hasn't been back since."

"That's very suspicious" you reply. "And you say the entire restaurant staff was at the mansion when the dish went missing?"

"That's right. Though I must admit, some of the waitresses having been acting a little strange lately. I see them mumbling amongst themselves, or exchanging sneaky glances. Frankly I was starting to doubt their loyalty to our chef, and now that this has happened, I can't help but think some of them were in on it."

"Unfortunatly, it certainly sounds like an inside job." you assure the waitress, and then, turning back to the crowd of chefs around you, you say "it's time to face facts guys. It's clear that somebody among us is a thief."

"Hey you can't prove that."
    "Yea, you don't even know what the missing dish is."
    "Or who took it."
    "Or what they did with it."
    "For all we know, the chef cooked up this whole story because he wasn't confident in his entry and didn't want to go through with the competition."

"C'mon fellas, we've known the chef a long time, he deserves more credit than that. You all know as well as anyone that he'd never back out of a competition, he has more honor than that. If he says it was stolen, it was stolen. We're the only people who have access to the kitchen besides the restaurant staff, and they were all over at the chef's mansion."

"You're right... but how?"

"I don't know what the dish is, or where it went, or more importantly, who the thief among us is, but I'm going to start searching for clues and see if I can find out. Let's all split up and solve this mystery."

"Thank you for your help, chefs" the waitress chimes in. "I just got off the phone with the chef and have been told to let you all know that he plans to adequatly reward the first of you who can bring the thief to justice and restore peace to the cooking competition."
    Last edited by GroupMagma; 08-02-11 at 02:15 PM.

Executive Chef
    What Are You Playing For: Forum bragging rights.

How Winner Will Be Selected: In the end there can be only one.? (for those of you who get the reference you are awesome!)

Rules:
    1. All TeamLava Rules must be followed.
    2. You must post where you are moving to in the thread, but do not post any clues in the thread. Sharing clues amongst yourselves is encouraged, and sharing false information is especially encouraged, after all, win at all costs is the name of the game. But be careful who you counsel, for all you know the person you've entrusted is the person you seek.

I didn't play the first day, can I still participate in this contest?
    Unfortunately our detective schedules and duties are set for this mystery, however you're more then welcome to join in the fun and post in the thread. You can also PM (private message) trenae or mogwai4111 to express interest in participating in the next mystery (or similar) forum game.

How Many Can Participate?
    For this round we allowed everyone that posted interest to play.

How to play:
    1. The restaurant consists of 8 witnesses (each denoted by a different color) and 5 areas with evidence (each denoted by white tiles). You are able to question one witness or investigate one area per round. You do this by simply posting in this thread "I'd like to "question" or "investigate" "the purple witness" or "the fireplace" or what have you.
    2. Each round will be on a timer (you must have your move posted by 11am PDT.
    3. You may opt to go to any colored area for your clue, but beware - there may be some additional things you want to pay attention to.
    4. Once all players have submitted their moves, the clues will be sent via PM to each of those that posted their clues on time.
    5. Once all clues have been sent via PM, the next round will be live for moves to be posted.

Timer:
    To keep the game moving and consistent in terms of when updated information will be posted, rounds will be over at 11am PDT every day of the contest. Make sure to have your moves in by then, and keep in mind there can be more then one round per day, this will vary depending on if all players have their moves in.

Goal of game:
    In order to win, you must accurately accuse the thief, as well as what dish they stole (not Mango Delight, which was pictured in the recruitment thread), and what they did with the dish (ate it, hid it, or threw it away). The first player to make a correct accusation in this thread will be the winner and will have earned the reward. Double check your clues, because an incorrect accusation eliminates you from the game. Don't take too long though, if the hidden thief among you speaks to enough witnesses and gathers enough evidence, he will be able to cover his tracks and get away with the crime.
    Last edited by Mogwai4111; 07-27-11 at 02:40 AM.

Executive Chef
    Here are the players. Snoop around and gather bits of information until you find the one player among you who fits the profile the witnesses illustrate.

cast1532

Hair: blonde
    Eyes: green
    Shoes: blue

xokay

Eyes: blue
    Shoes: black

casadolce

Hair: pink
    Eyes: brown

tehcody

Hair: brown
    Eyes: black
    Shoes: white

Dylanie

Shoes: brown

gobblies

Shoes: purple

myweedpatch

Shoes: blue

bawpotter

Hair: grey

greygull

Shoes: purple

Rachael98

Shoes: green

cwmw

Hair: black

GroupMagma

kooky panda

Hair: red

Mattdiner

Hair: purple

JoJosBakersDelite

pete1234

Hair: red

luckygirl101

dragonfruit39

Layout
    Last edited by Mogwai4111; 07-29-11 at 02:34 PM.

The Honorable Panda
    I would like to question the brown witness.

Last edited by kooky panda; 07-27-11 at 06:13 AM.
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by kooky panda View Post
    I would like to question the brown witness.
    I guess there's no time like the present to point out an oversight on my part. The darker brown will be "brown" and the lighter one "yellow".

We'll go with

purple
    red
    checkered
    brown
    orange
    yellow
    gray
    white

for the colors of the different witnesses
    Last edited by Mogwai4111; 07-27-11 at 05:04 AM.

I would like to question... The Checkered Witness!

Senior Moderator
    I would like to question the purple witness.
    Whenever you are having issues, try these two things first - restart your device,
    and delete and reinstall the app. Your progress is saved on TLs servers.
    Contact me by PM

Executive Chef
    I would like to question the red witness.

Executive Chef
    P.S. Love that I've had a sexual identity crisis for this game!

Executive Chef
    I would like to question the white witness.

Page 1 of 38 1234511 ... LastLast