Thread: Holiday items still in the game, why not just for special times?

Executive Chef

Holiday items still in the game, why not just for special times?

I must say I personally am getting tired of seeing holiday items after the holiday is over. I keep wondering why they can't just make these a limited-time thing and once the holiday has been over for a couple weeks let them go until the next holiday.

Fashion Designer
    ????

Are you referring to the holiday box, or tables and chairs?

Or the items players choose to continue deorating their places with?

Personally, I keep many of my Christmas stuff rotated into my decor. Why? Because I love Christmas and it's my game place. I decorate for my enjoyment, no one else's.

Others enjoyed valentine and have kept that decor, as with the spring one.

I also ran across someone just yesterday wanting to know how to get the polar bear. I told him/her it was in the holiday box. They indicated they were going to try.

Just saying, you may not enjoy, but other players may still.
    Fightin crime, fightin crime, all day long, fightin crime- oh look! my donuts are ready

In order of preference with current levels
    FARM lvl 96 BAKERY lvl 96 Restaurant lvl 96 Fashion lvl 89 {{ NO longer playing the following: CITY lvl 96 Zoo lvl 42 Empire lvl 67 Treasure lvl 72 Nightclub lvl }}65

Lesleypsg1 the Deadly, winner of the first ever Mogwai Combat Simulator Mobile Cannon Battle

Executive Chef
    What I mean specifically is stuff like the Valentine's Cupcakes, Sparkling Cider which is decked out more for New Year's party then for regularly drinking Sparkling Cider (yeah, I just bought some the other day because I love that stuff) and the Holiday Donuts and also stuff like Valentine's Cookies, Gingerbread cookies and the Gingerbread Tree.
    Just anything that's for the holidays.

As long as you had the items originally purchased then that's fine (I have friends in another game that have Christmas and I have a game that it snows 24/7 so I like Christmas, too).

I just posted since I personally don't like having a holiday out-of-season. I don't even like having the radio stations ignore Thanksgiving and skip to Christmas music.
    I respect another's right to decorate but you can keep those decorations in a different storage area but I know not all the Story games are set up like that and I wish they were.

Executive Chef
    I shudder to think what would happen if we took out the Valentines Day items... they're pretty popular, along with that version of the app. Like Lesley asserted, it's mostly for variation and for our user's preference. We don't have all our old version items still in the game (which is too bad, since the Halloween stuff from City Story is sweet), but a lot of it is still available.

Rhino Keeper
    I can understand your position, but remember, to each his own.

Personally, I love the sparkling cider. It's very elegant looking. That and the love potion make a great combo if you're going for an upscale theme. I also love the gingerbread cookies. They sell for 8 gold, they are on a nice petite little plate (in some areas I don't want the super tall items on a counter) and they have a reasonable cook time. The Valentines cookies are also a favorite of mine. Great quantity for a 1 day, great sell price, and pink!

There are also ways to work some of the Holiday, Valentine's, and Spring box items into your design without giving the distinct impression of a holiday theme. Shoot, I used the snowflake tables with my spring design, as I went with pastel blue and green. Yes, they are technically winter tables, but we have to work with what we have, and they looked great! I'm still using spring decor (in a new design) because I just adore that spring cake and my soft pastel color scheme. I decided to forego the summer box and the citrus stuff and see what fall brings. I'm out of season but it makes me smile to look at it. Shoot, I may even go back to Vday stuff one day here.

So anyway, I can understand. When I see a full Christmas setup in June, it makes me wonder. But if it makes that person happy, then why not? Given our limited item selection, I'll take all the variety I can get! Some I'll take, some I'll leave, but I like that it's there.
    Last edited by MissCeara; 06-14-11 at 07:29 PM.

The Honorable Panda
    Quote Originally Posted by lesleypsg1 View Post
    ????

Are you referring to the holiday box, or tables and chairs?

Or the items players choose to continue deorating their places with?

Personally, I keep many of my Christmas stuff rotated into my decor. Why? Because I love Christmas and it's my game place. I decorate for my enjoyment, no one else's.

Others enjoyed valentine and have kept that decor, as with the spring one.

I also ran across someone just yesterday wanting to know how to get the polar bear. I told him/her it was in the holiday box. They indicated they were going to try.

Just saying, you may not enjoy, but other players may still.
    Same here. I have the wolf and black cat from the Halloween box in farm story...I have people always asking me where I got them... When I tell them from discontinued Halloween box they are sad that they cannot get them.
    Most are new players and were not around when the box came out.
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

Executive Chef
    Halloween will be around in 4 months so I'm sure stuff will be added back and they can get them then.
    That's why I like this other game I play where they have limited-time to buy but the sad thing was they never announced the Japanese Earthquake Relief items were limited time and the moment I had money to buy more of the currency they were all gone. There wasn't even any notification that they were going to be gone soon and I was so disappointed as I wanted the last 3 items that I hadn't been able to get since all of them of course were for the special currency since the proceeds were donated.
    I am pretty pissed off at those developers of the game for making the Father's Day decor almost impossible to get since they aren't sold in store and you have to pay 25 currency to get a chance at getting them.