Page 91 of 100 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495 ... LastLast

Thread: Show off your Restaurant - Thread 1

Executive Chef
    i was going to leave this for a while, as i think it's really nice (that's not totally egoism, this goal is one of my favorite themes. but it's also a little egoism ) but the halloween sale is just too good! so i'm switching decor this weekend. goodbye farmers' market!

next time i won't put the 2 things with blue awnings right next to each other. maybe by then i'll have won the sunflower stand too!

Moderator (volunteer) pixiegamer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by twospoons View Post
    i was going to leave this for a while, as i think it's really nice (that's not totally egoism, this goal is one of my favorite themes. but it's also a little egoism ) but the halloween sale is just too good! so i'm switching decor this weekend. goodbye farmers' market!

next time i won't put the 2 things with blue awnings right next to each other. maybe by then i'll have won the sunflower stand too!
    I'm gonna miss this design, but I can't wait to see what comes next. I love your Halloween designs!
    ~ Forum Moderator for Bakery Story and Restaurant Story ~

Bakery Story Quick Links: Game Guide | Master Box Guide | Bugs & Issues | Help Me I Have a Question
    Restaurant Story Quick Links: Game Guide | Master Box Guide | Bugs & Issues | Goal Prize Re-Locking Bug | Help Me I Have a Question
    Need Me? Send me a PM
    Having an issue with your game? Contact Storm8 Support
    Forum Rules: Check Here!
    ~ Gentle Reminder: Mods are players, just like you! I am not a Storm8 Employee ~

I hope this works. First time attempting to post a picture. This is my Halloween design.

Executive Chef
    Looks good, billybubbakittyandmoe! Love the party & the lab sections best--it does feel very holmesian, experiments in the living room and all, though I'm not sure Watson ever went for green hair.

And thanks pixie!

Thanks twospoons, I can't wait to see what you do for Halloween

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by billybubbakittyandmoe View Post

I hope this works. First time attempting to post a picture. This is my Halloween design.
    Nice! You have some cool floor decor, and I like how you've placed it and your flooring choices.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by twospoons View Post

These are some of my fav floor decor items, too!

Quote Originally Posted by billybubbakittyandmoe View Post

Looks great! Congrats on getting the Zombie Butcher and the Monster Band!

Bakery Story Quick Links: Game Guide | Master Box Guide | Bugs & Issues | Help Me I Have a Question
    Restaurant Story Quick Links: Game Guide | Master Box Guide | Bugs & Issues | Goal Prize Re-Locking Bug | Help Me I Have a Question
    Need Me? Send me a PM
    ~ Gentle Reminder: Mods are players, just like you! I am not a Storm8 Employee ~

Fashion Designer
    My current design:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	76 
Size:	400.3 KB 
ID:	34142

Main dining room.

Views:	91 
Size:	423.0 KB 
ID:	34143

Second dining room. More expensive menu in here. Reservations required.

Views:	86 
Size:	397.3 KB 
ID:	34144

Best use I could think of for the elevator. So nice to be able to purchase these old items!

Views:	53 
Size:	358.4 KB 
ID:	34145

This area used to be UN Plaza... Now it's the neighborhood that gives all the local realtors the shudders!

Views:	68 
Size:	378.0 KB 
ID:	34146
    Last edited by 3squares; 10-24-16 at 10:04 AM.

Halloween 2016 Restaurant Tour

Moderator's Note:

I have a request from pixiegamer to drop a Moderator's Note here. Please do not quote this post in its entirety. If you wish to reply to this post, you can quote the top portion of pixiegamer's comments, or maybe a room or two you found most interesting. Quoting the whole post would make it tedious for other members to scroll past this multiple times, especially on a smaller screen. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. Rynetory2

IT'S TIME!!!

So, my current design has a bit of a backstory: last year, my restaurant was host to a disappearance mystery, in which Phoebe put on her investigator's cap and played a game of Clue(do) in order to find who was responsible for (a) turning the house butler into a scarecrow, and (b) the disappearances of many other guests that followed. It was a great event, and one that marked the beginning of the Jock and Ice Skating Girl's deviant tendencies in my restaurant:

My restaurant's design back at Halloween 2015. Image borrowed from a friend who had taken a picture for a showcase. Don't mind the streetlamps inside the restaurant; it's just a weird glitch.

One year on, Phoebe has revisited the house to pay her respects to the butler-scarecrow, only to find that a lot of things have changed!

My restaurant's design for Halloween 2016. So familiar, yet so different!

To kick off the tour, we start with the foyer, which has taken on a much more purple look, and is hosted by a ghost! Could he actually be the restless wandering spirit of the butler-scarecrow??

Be sure to pick up your candy on the way out!

Next door, the lounge has been converted into a bar, and the fireplace has received a supposed "facelift". The bar is proudly tended by the resident vampire Vlad, who takes particular pride in his Crimson Cups specialty. Just be careful when you decide to try one - considering his clientele, there may or may not be blood in that juice!

No veins were harmed in the making of these mocktails.

Continuing clockwise, we see the Dining Room. Those happy orange tablecloths and runners have been swapped out for a more sinister red-and-black pattern, and the chairs have been switched out completely for a style much more befitting the current residents of this house. Haunted Helga has taken over the serving duties - it's her job to make sure everyone is fed, except the grabby hands that keep reaching in from the boarded-up windows!

Anything from the trolley?

The next stop is the kitchen, which has been overrun with witches! They claim it was the perfect place to concoct their spells and potions... and mutter something about losing a bet with the scientists over their choice of room. Don't mind Mina on the wall, by the way; she's still working a few things out with her broom.

Mina: MggmmPPHH!

The ballroom next door is... actually mostly the same. The flooring's been updated with a few new tiles, and a haunted organ has been installed (phonographs are so 19th century!) to really fill the air with a haunting melody.

What's surprising though is that the Two to Tango couple are back! Ms. Lady Red explains: in the last year, she and her partner were invited to perform in Paris, and he flew into a jealous rage! Also, she's never actually seen his face... she thinks he may be a phantom. She's lured him back here to try and figure him out - nothing like some haunting organ music and loud opera singing to make one reveal their true natures, right?

♪ Sing once again with me, our strange duet... ♫

In the next room, the conservatory has become a laboratory, and it looks like plants aren't the only things being conserved!

Double, double, toil and-- wait, that's a witchy thing!

Rumor has it that the docs (and Iggy the cat) are attempting to anchor the butler-scarecrow's spirit into a new body of their construction. Will they succeed??

As they continue their attempts, we move to the former Billiards room, where-- EEEEEEEK!!!

*Psycho theme plays*

Uh, maybe we should skip that one... Moving on! The library is next door, and while the flooring could stand to be replaced, some shelves and tables have been added, and-- wait, is that Bob??

Brains...

Oh, dear. The poor boy must have gotten lost on his way from the kitchen to the dining room. I wonder if he's serving his own brains again...

The final room in the tour is the study, which is nowadays mostly used for storage. Nothing here but some dusty tables, sheet-covered chairs, and some old packing trunks. However, the scratching on the wall indicate that someone - or something?! - may be living here! The residents have even reported howls emanating from the room at odd times of the month... but those may just be the wails from the organ back in the ballroom. A werewolf? Living under their noses? No way.

Those aren't actually severed hands behind him, right? ...Right?

The tour concludes back in the main hall, where Phoebe pays her respects by placing some flowers at the feet - er, stump - of the butler-scarecrow. The flooring has given way to subfloor in some places, but the butler-scarecrow stands tall, watching over those who pass through. May he rest in peace... unless the scientists succeed.

R.I.P. Mr. Butler

And at last we exit, leaving this place and its inhabitants to their own devices for at least another year.

Hope you enjoyed!
    Last edited by Rynetory2; 11-08-16 at 06:55 PM. Reason: Removed moderating others comments

Need Me? Send me a PM