Page 89 of 100 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399 ... LastLast

Thread: Show off your Restaurant - Thread 1

Rhino Keeper
    My kitchen area

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by pixiegamer View Post
    I love looking at this because you have so many older items in your resto - Lava Girl! The Olympic Torches! The 2x1 Hammock! The Party Balloons! It's so nice to see how you combine old and new to work together

I got a chuckle out of investigator Phoebe inspecting the Cornhole. Is she looking for foul play?
    Thank you! Yes, I have many things in inventory that deserve inclusion in a design, not to be forever banished in favor of new items. I wish we could have a second floor!

Inspector Phoebe is a suspicious sort... The winning player seems to have an edge beyond raw s****...

Executive Chef
    central california where theres droughts and fires
    zis is mines ^_^
    I'm aishas boutique on fashion story, I'm also on bakery story and restaurant story.

New Resident
    My Budget Restaurant

Note 1: I'm saving for expansions.
    Note 2: My kitchen is overovercrowded by 2 x 1 appliances at the moment.
    Note 3: I wish I could incorporate Phoebe's Stand somehow, but I'm not creative enough to do it.
    Note 4: Suggestions are welcome!

Detective Phoebe and the Nutcracker help the chef out with Pizza Tossing, while the overdressed Winter Couple enjoy an ocean view on the Whitewashed City Sidewalk deck.

My Fair Gran-Gran and the Patriotic Dog are both looking smart! Captain Phoebe has docked the Riverboat and is observing some Pier Fishing on the Spider Stone pier. (NOTE 5: I saved coins on tiles by using random blue tiles procured during goals. )

The Puppy Heart pups nap on the Lawn Stars near their human companions. Darn you, Fourth Prizes! (Note 6: Not only am I too cheap to buy water, I'm also too cheap to buy grass! )

The foyer is kept well-lit by the Starfish Lamp. (Darn you again, Fourth Prizes!) Bots can put their feet up on the Lemon Barrels by the Cozy Couches and the Cozy Chairs after checking in with the hostess at the Navigator Host Table, or they can settle in for a drink at the Fine Drinking Station where the bartender has plenty of help from the Sock Hop Server and Bella Beekeeper.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	restaurant_story-2016-06-28-09-19-27.png 
Views:	541 
Size:	820.1 KB 
ID:	31989   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	restaurant_story-2016-06-28-09-20-25.png 
Views:	558 
Size:	766.5 KB 
ID:	31990   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	restaurant_story-2016-06-28-09-21-17.png 
Views:	528 
Size:	713.1 KB 
ID:	31991   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	restaurant_story-2016-06-28-09-21-40.png 
Views:	508 
Size:	612.6 KB 
ID:	31992   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	restaurant_story-2016-06-28-09-22-26.png 
Views:	552 
Size:	714.4 KB 
ID:	31993  

Last edited by mztricsta; 06-29-16 at 01:06 PM.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by aiyoosha View Post
    zis is mines ^_^
    Lovely! Very elegant. I like how your theme extends to the entire shop.

Quote Originally Posted by mztricsta View Post
    My Budget Restaurant

Note 1: I'm saving for expansions.
    Note 2: My kitchen is overovercrowded by 2 x 1 appliances at the moment.
    Note 3: I wish I could incorporate Phoebe's Stand somehow, but I'm not creative enough to do it.
    Note 4: Suggestions are welcome!

Detective Phoebe and the Nutcracker help the chef out with Pizza Tossing, while the overdressed Winter Couple enjoy an ocean view on the Whitewashed City Sidewalk deck.

My Fair Gran-Gran and the Patriotic Dog are both looking smart! Captain Phoebe has docked the Riverboat and is observing some Pier Fishing on the Spider Stone pier. (NOTE 5: I saved coins on tiles by using random blue tiles procured during goals. )

The Puppy Heart pups nap on the Lawn Stars near their human companions. Darn you, Fourth Prizes! (Note 6: Not only am I too cheap to buy water, I'm also too cheap to buy grass! )

The foyer is kept well-lit by the Starfish Lamp. (Darn you again, Fourth Prizes!) Bots can put their feet up on the Lemon Barrels by the Cozy Couches and the Cozy Chairs after checking in with the hostess at the Navigator Host Table, or they can settle in for a drink at the Fine Drinking Station where the bartender has plenty of help from the Sock Hop Server and Bella Beekeeper.
    Great use of tiles. I like your descriptions too. if you are able to earn gems by watching videos, consider saving your gems for a gem machine. Expansions cost 80 gems, and you will be able to earn enough for an expansion pretty quickly.

Host(ess)

Beach Party!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Restro.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	164.9 KB 
ID:	32525

Boardwalk/Beach Restaurant with a Kiddie Play area! Drive thru if you don't have the time to stay for the party!

New Resident
    Thank you, 3squares! I really really want a gem machine! Unfortunately, I'm on Android. :-(

Executive Chef
    Forgive the long post, but I found myself unexpectedly inspired by the current lab goals and (more generally, because they're always inspiring) those fabulous players who have stories to go with their designs. (shout out to pixiegamer & lorettasapron!) So permit me to act as tour guide:

Hello and welcome to the Restaurant Science Center! We start our tour today with the bio lab. P1, as Dr. Phoebe is fondly known, leads the team here, working to popularize lost heirlooms and perfecting new strains of plants and growing methods. Look at those modern plant pods! And we're on the cutting edge of GMO labeling, no need for signs--our GMO veggies self-label by sparkling! As we move on, note the wallpaper, an artistic nod to DNA, and grab a fresh juice on the way by, or purchase some herbs.

Next we check in at our education center, with classes in anything you can imagine. Today Chef Michael prepares to lead a plating techniques lunch-and-learn session, and Chef Nigel is teaching a seafood class. Party rentals available!

On our way to the robotics lab, we pass the now-closed lab of famed experimental protein developer Dr. Franklin Acula. We admit, that relationship didn't work out the way we'd hoped. He got a little weird. Just move quickly past to our next exciting stop, no need to dawdle here!

And we arrive at P2's lab, so called because the lead scientist is also named Phoebe. She even looks like plant Phoebe, but they swear they're not related. You can see P2's been hard at work developing the perfect android server for the restaurants of the future, with many promising samples against the back wall, and is also working on a line of auto-cookers you can see to your left behind the digital order system P2 developed for in-house use. But it looks like the good robotocist is taking a break to work on her "pet" project, a dog she controls through the headset she's wearing.

Moving on, it's the world-renowned mixology lab, under the auspices of the famous Gran-Gran. She's an institution in the restaurant world, with many job offers, so we lured her to our center with a state-of-the-art chemistry lab and a full staff. Just between us, she seems to know she's the star of the institute. These days, she doesn't even bother to grab a lab coat, just walks around with a drink! Of course, she's famous for a reason, as you'll taste as we stop at the sampling counter. Yum-my!

And the last lab on the tour is the food-as-fuel lab. The head nutritional engineer here is the life coach, who knows a thing or two about healthy eating. She's currently on a special commission to work on astronaut cuisine, for which she insisted she needed some rockets and an asteroids arcade game for inspiration, along with a new mural. We were worried, but look at those space-age samples! I've heard she's working on an out-of-this-world cupcake next.

We end in the meeting room, where many scientific collaborations have borne fruit--sorry, food scientist humor. Anyway, our experts like to meet here (over lunch, natch) and bounce ideas off each other. No need to take notes if you're too busy with fork and knife, the holographic hostess created in the robot lab is happy to record your thoughts! Feel free to try some of our creations, like one of the chia/fruit bowls from the bio lab, or have another one of Gran-gran's amazing concoctions--you're not driving home, right?

And of course, before you go, have your fortune read! Ha-ha, just kidding folks, scientists don't believe in fortune telling. Just another little joke from the fun folks here at the Restaurant Science Center! Come back any time!

Last edited by twospoons; 08-28-16 at 06:40 AM.

Executive Chef
    Awesome story

Fantastic stuff twospoons! It's great to see so much content from through the years being brought together so seamlessly. I especially like how you've managed to integrate a cooking class in a laboratory theme. And I love the waiter test subjects lined up!
    Proud owner of The Garlic Tree restaurant