Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 10/19: Witching Woods | event info on page 1

Mmmm. Problems. Ivy didn’t drop. Rewards aren’t very cute. Recent rewards don’t drop as expected. Its not inspiring. Out.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by mlizziet View Post
    Is there info on how we get the Jack O?Turtle? I keep looking over the notes in case I missed it but am not seeing anything.
    I am waiting to see if we find out on Thursday how to get him. My 2 guesses are either a Thursday bonus event or in a package after you complete this event.
    Based on A Real Hoot, I am expecting this will be similar to the Owl Babies and it will be a value pack offer after you get Mama Yana.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by SylvanSanctuary View Post
    I am waiting to see if we find out on Thursday how to get him. My 2 guesses are either a Thursday bonus event or in a package after you complete this event.
    Based on A Real Hoot, I am expecting this will be similar to the Owl Babies and it will be a value pack offer after you get Mama Yana.
    Or we're due for an in event leader board, and it could be the prize for first and second places.

Executive Chef
    Mamma Yana
    Info: The undisputed most powerful witch of the woods! Visit for a chance at Coins, Lumin Essence, Enchanters Essence, Seeker's Coins and more!
    Collection time: 8 hours

New Resident
    I've got Van Pelt. He just dropped Direwolf milk and an earth wisp. He has a 6 hour timer. He's pretty consistent with earth wisps. I couldn't tell you how often he gives trade tickets. He is one of my favorite collections, though. I agree with everyone that the infrequency of drops for this event along with the very long collection times is making this very difficult to complete. I haven't completed the last event either.

Rhino Keeper
    Man, this event kind of sucks. I can't believe how many stupid Scaregoyles we fight before we even get to the point where they drop the EXCESSIVELY NEEDED drop for the tart. I saw that and couldn't believe my eyes. What a waste of energy.

I do most events because by now I've played for a while and have multiple energy sources (not like iOS users with their fleet of alicorns). But the only way I can hit up the house regularly is because I'm off. I'm flabbergasted by such high requirements and how the tart drops don't spawn until Goal 11. That's just ridiculous. Sometimes when you play, you wonder whether this is fun or not. Sunk cost fallacy at it's finest. G'luck everyone.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvernomiko View Post
    Man, this event kind of sucks. I can't believe how many stupid Scaregoyles we fight before we even get to the point where they drop the EXCESSIVELY NEEDED drop for the tart. I saw that and couldn't believe my eyes. What a waste of energy.

I do most events because by now I've played for a while and have multiple energy sources (not like iOS users with their fleet of alicorns). But the only way I can hit up the house regularly is because I'm off. I'm flabbergasted by such high requirements and how the tart drops don't spawn until Goal 11. That's just ridiculous. Sometimes when you play, you wonder whether this is fun or not. Sunk cost fallacy at it's finest. G'luck everyone.
    Lol I wonder at times as well. Definitely sunken costs for sure. Plus I love all the stuff I've collected for years but these recent events since the summer have been head scratchers. Hard to finish even when spending gems and real money buying value packs which is usually the only way I can finish having to work and can't log in every two hours. But when you don't get the advertised prizes, that's really a bummer.

I do like Halloween events but probably won't be able to finish this one. Just not enough time.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvernomiko View Post

I'm an iOS user and don't have a fleet of alicorns. I believe that largely came from obtaining the Love Shack many years ago, long before I started playing. That being said, maybe the Love Shack was only for iOS users - I don't know. Maybe you're referring to the videos we used to get where we could watch videos to get extra cabbages in the Baron's Tent or spin for daily prizes, but I had that on my old account and only ever got a couple Alicorns in the 2 or 3 years I played before starting this new account.
    I absolutely agree about the sunk cost fallacy, though. Sometimes I think of quitting and then I look at how much real money and time I've put into building my kingdoms, and it's hard to quit. I'm definitely avoiding this event, though. I don't find any part of it attractive, nor does it really make me think of Halloween.
    Disagreements are a normal part of the human experience and can be handled respectfully. Don't think I don't see.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by mlizziet View Post
    Is there info on how we get the Jack O?Turtle? I keep looking over the notes in case I missed it but am not seeing anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by SylvanSanctuary View Post
    We now know the Jack O'Turtle is the prize awarded to the top 3 players of this week's Realm Master leaderboard.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0844.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	228.6 KB 
ID:	71446

Jack O'Turtle drops: Expansion Permit, Trade Ticket, Enchanted Lantern, Wisp Lantern, Earth Wisp
    Kingdom Name : Alain-land 🗿
    Storm ID : xiq24

Rhino Keeper
    Before we knew that we were going to have a realm master leaderboard event the Jack O’ Turtle was listed in the prizes. I feel this is misleading one would think we were going to receive that as a prize for the Witching Woods event. I am sure they knew beforehand it wasn’t going to be a prize for the current event. I shouldn’t be surprised though this has happened before. It’s just not cool.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast