Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Please post your opinion about earning (not buying) gems, thank you!!!

Unregistered

Rather misleading

My only complaint with the gems/ for cash is that these real money cash purchases are made in the same ''store'' where virtual purchases are made. I think this could lead to big problems.

This game must be attractive to children too. I am certain that some are not able to distinguish between these 2 very different types of purchasing.

On a side note, I find it a bit too easy to purchase the wrong crop just by scrolling over incorrectly.
    nice game.... May need a few tweaks. Thanks.

Ellie
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    My only complaint with the gems/ for cash is that these real money cash purchases are made in the same ''store'' where virtual purchases are made. I think this could lead to big problems.

This game must be attractive to children too. I am certain that some are not able to distinguish between these 2 very different types of purchasing.

On a side note, I find it a bit too easy to purchase the wrong crop just by scrolling over incorrectly.
    nice game.... May need a few tweaks. Thanks.
    Two of my sons have iPod touch linked to my iTunes account and they don't have the password to allow purchases. This enables me to keep control of age appropriate content they download and prevents them running up a massive credit card bill.

Back to gems, I was a little annoyed to find out I couldn't earn gems as I foolishly used mine on fertiliser when I started playing. Being a cheapskate I haven't purchased anymore and it hasn't spoiled my enjoyment of the game. I did get 10 gems for downloading imobster and eagerly await further promotions, I'm saving up for a duck and a dog.

I appreciate that the devs generate income from players who purchase gems but maybe advertising is the way to go, not every 5 minutes like some games, but if you water x amount of crops a pop up appears and you are rewarded with a gem. It could be something like 5000 waterings and you get a gem. This would reward the prolific players who visit neighbours' farms and the community in general.

Also, the purchase of 50,000 or 100,000 worth of decorations could be rewarded with a gem.

Only my thoughts but I don't think earning gems should be made too easy.

Unregistered

They have done a promo, but not everyone got it!

Quote Originally Posted by trenae View Post
    Please read again!

They have not yet done any promotions but there will be as was already posted to the very topic in another thread.
    Yes, but they have done a promotion but not everyone on the game got it. And, I know of one person who got the promo, but when downloaded as like in other Storm8 games, the gems never appeared.
    Will they re-send the promo to "farmers" who didn`t get it originally???

Unregistered

Kids play

While I am not into farming games, my daughter loves farm story! It is hard to continually say "no" when she asks to buy gems. Please make gems an earning possibility or lower the prices drastically..thanks

Unregistered

Earn gems

I think that since u can give 10 gems for 5000 coins than u should be able to give 5000 coins for 10 gems

Unregistered

I agree

We should be able to earn a limited amount of gems like other apps and yes the makers should be able to earn money. But when they charge $5 a pop out of the discovery chest for an item like, oh say, a little brown bunny, then I think we have every right to "cry" about it. For those of us in higher levels of the game who put alot of time and effort in our farms, then have to try to get any good items at that price from our pocket and not be able to earn them any other way, then yes that's selfish of them and their making WAY too much money off us.

Unregistered

gems or no gems

okay so we now have a way to earn gems... level two on the new leaf program.. thats a total of 48 gems if you are able to complete them all to that level.... can we please do something about all the male gnomes for completing the leaf levels please..... this is my 4th post about this problem... thanks...

Unregistered

Angry Say what?

okay so we now have a way to earn gems... level two on the new leaf program.. thats a total of 48 gems if you are able to complete them all to that level
    Are you saying that you can now earn gems for mastering crops? I have mastered just about every veggie and fruit and have gnomes up the butt and now you tell me I could have had gems instead? wtf? Is there a way to re-master crops?

Unregistered
    Are you saying that you can now earn gems for mastering crops? I have mastered just about every veggie and fruit and have gnomes up the butt and now you tell me I could have had gems instead? wtf? Is there a way to re-master crops?
    you get a gem when you reach level two on the crops. You don't have to get all the way to level four unless you really want the gnome or the extra earning potential.

billybob999

Too hard

I love these games, I play city, farm, emperor and treasure story, but I end up not being able to buy any more buildings in treasure story for example; I can't afford the cheapest building, and how do you expect somebody to get 1800 gems for something that doesn't make that much of a difference to a game. You should be able to cash in coins for gems, as in city story, Ive ended up with so many coins, and no city cash, you need to make it easier, e.g a gem/city cash for completing a contract, or sometimes digging up gems in treasure story. These games are already great, but with a few tweaks, they have the potential to be fantastic!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123