PDA

View Full Version : Desert Circus - Levels 439 - 444 (Region 74)

Phaedrakiki
10-30-13, 04:49 AM
~

http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag81/Beadsbykat/400%20up%20-%20JMD/a5ed9ec6-badd-4d8c-9d48-cab2c45eb3cc_zpsa2129480.jpg

Nothing on the TL Blog (http://blog.teamlava.com/) about this island, and it hasn't been added to the JM Regions Master thread (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?51491-Jewel-Mania-Regions-Master-Thread-(Updated-8-1-13)&p=727413&viewfull=1#post727413) yet, either. So these are just screenshots from my phone:

http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag81/Beadsbykat/400%20up%20-%20JMD/e24ae049-b251-474c-8d21-8eceba4f143b_zps16c28baa.jpg

Come to the big top...this circus oasis has incredible performances to behold! And that's not all, here in the middle of the desert. There are countless things to enjoy on this island of Jewel Mania (https://www.facebook.com/JewelManiaGame)!

~*~*~

Note: The screenshots are from the Halloween version of Jewel Mania (1.1.9,) in case you're wondering about the Jack o' lantern...or why Bean Dog looks like Elvis! ;)

Phaedrakiki
11-02-13, 01:14 PM
Level 439: 20 glass in 50 moves (5JC.) This glass level has some very hard-to-reach areas, created by little windows/cutouts. The ones at the top completely separate the upper corners from the main board, so you have to blast them or use diamonds/combos. The L-shaped cutouts at the bottom create even more difficulty, though it's a bit easier to get a blaster/other specials to the bottom. The restricted jewels to the outside of the "L's" have to be unlocked first...they are in L&C areas, with 35-count locks on them. There's another L&C area between them, with a 3rd color, 45-count lock.

http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag81/Beadsbykat/400%20up%20-%20JMD/9f17dc6a-3c9a-41db-b4ec-fc6757371767_zps2a5558e4.jpg

This level took me a couple days to pass. I was about to post and beg for mercy, saying it's impossible to complete, or nearly so, in the allotted moves. Then I got lucky. Whoo-hoo! :D

The 2 separated glass at the top corners are SO difficult to reach--the toughest element of all the tricky stuff on this level, imho. It's double-glass, too...gotta get it twice. Being at the top, it's difficult to get a blaster lined up. Vertical blasters will work, and they're espec. great if the L&C's open below & you can blast the restricted's/glass at the same time. But in order to position one, you have to move it over into the 1st (or last) column--not always easy to do. You could also use a horizontal blaster, if a lucky reshuffle placed one in the top row for you. That would be nice, since it would blast both corners at once. However, this never happened for me during my 2+ days of attempts (but I wish you luck!) ;)

Diamonds/diamond combos are amazingly helpful, of course. When I'd get a diamond, I'd see if I could get those top corner jewel colors to match each other, by making a move under one side or the other. To me, it was worth "wasting" a move to see if it'd work! ;) That way, I could break glass on both sides. This worked for me several times. If it didn't, I'd usually choose the more plentiful color, or the one held in more restricted settings. I'd combo the diamond with a blaster/bomb if the jewel color was really plentiful, or one of the colors in the top corners. But I wouldn't if there were just a few, or if the L&C below were still locked (cuz chances are the corners would get missed--I'd prefer a sure thing!)

Of course, blaster + bomb's (b&b's) underneath those corners will work too, but you have to detonate in one of the 1st 3 columns from either side. (That's for side-by-side b&b in same row--& be sure to swipe in direction you want blast to go; for same-column b&b, must be in one of first 2 columns.) Or, if you can get a b&b at the top, that's even better--you can take out a layer of glass from both sides at once! (B&b must be in the first 2 rows...or rows 2 & 3 in same column, like my screenshot below (swipe up!) This is really difficult to do, and only happened once (when I passed!) I was so excited, I had to commemorate with a screenshot:

http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag81/Beadsbykat/400%20up%20-%20JMD/a846dc1b-4ba7-4c9b-b824-530f75179bc3_zps21e2f052.jpg

This level's tough, because you have so much going on. You can get the various areas cleared, but trying to get them all in 50 moves requires some lucky opportunities. I finally got them, though. First used a blaster + bomb on one side, which took out a top corner glass. Then the b&b at the top (shown above.) After that I combined a diamond + blaster, and the blaster was the color of the last corner jewel. I assumed it would get blasted, and it did...though that's not always a certainty (if jewels underneath get cleared before the blaster detonates, then it falls and can miss the glass--unless it's a vertical blaster.) I was lucky in getting vertical blasters on both sides, which really helped with the bottom area. So I was left with very little glass after all that. A final blaster + bomb at the bottom took out all the rest. Yay! I was so happy--this was a very challenging level. Diamonds are your best friends here...the more, the better!

Phaedrakiki
11-02-13, 02:48 PM
Level 440: Dig 9 meters in 3:10 (5JC.) This super dirt digging level has restricted jewels, including restricted black jewels. There are also some long window/cutouts that effectively divide one 3-meter area into three separate columns. It really slows you down...

http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag81/Beadsbykat/400%20up%20-%20JMD/e108feca-053e-4ee1-98af-d1b592ade7fa_zps84cc119c.jpg
http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag81/Beadsbykat/400%20up%20-%20JMD/2fdf6f35-e218-4e27-af4f-b3e0a76978ac_zps24656a04.jpg
http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag81/Beadsbykat/400%20up%20-%20JMD/e4f63ddb-811f-4098-ba08-179e3a12f250_zpsf3d4f4be.jpg
http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag81/Beadsbykat/400%20up%20-%20JMD/1942da72-54ec-4bfb-8ab4-b0f499293c7b_zps1c3fcb15.jpg

I've been working on this one 3 days now, and it's driving me crazy. I've never gotten past 5 meters, usually only 3 or 4 max. I try to start each round with a vertical blaster match (or bomb/diamond,) or I restart the level. You have to break through that line of restricted jewels fast, but it's pretty difficult. For some reason, I can't seem to get combos together, at least in good spots. And then when you hit the window area, it slows you down even more. Yeah, I don't know how to get past this one. Seems impossible to complete in 3:10...perhaps this needs more time, or less restrictions/obstructions? :confused: Help!

thebiglechowski
11-08-13, 03:05 PM
Any luck yet? I just got to this one and i made it within two blocks of the goal. Timed digging levels are my fav since you can just go crazy fast, and 3:10 is actually a decent amount of time.. but the vertical columns on this one definitely slow you down. I think once you get through the black blocks you want to try to vertical blast one of the restricted block columns, so you can make room to try to get a horizontal blaster down into the first long row of super dirt. So far only tried this level a few times but it doesn't seem that difficult with a little luck (which most of these levels seem to need now..)

Phaedrakiki
11-09-13, 11:35 PM
Hi there,
Yes, finally got some luck the day after I posted that. I've become pretty lax posting the screenshots/etc. lately...not been feeling very well. Plus, not very many people posting lately, so I often feel like I'm talking to myself, lol. I definitely appreciate your tips, though, and the company, too. (It's good to have someone on the same levels with me!) I'm the opposite of you though...I loathe the timed levels. I prefer to take it slow & think about the moves I make. I suppose I'd like the timed ones better if I could go "crazy fast." But I play on an iPhone that's getting a little old. It's like the screen "slips" sometimes (not physically, but the result's the same--not sure how to describe it, actually.) Sometimes I have to make a move a 2 or 3 times to make it work properly, and there's obviously no time for shenanigans like that with the short clocks they give us on these upper levels. When I get a new phone with the slightly larger screen (or if I ever get an iPad,) perhaps I'll do better on non-moves levels. Of course, I'm stuck on yet another timed level right now (446,) though the clock on it's a little more realistic, I think. Just waiting for that lucky board (at least I've seen the goal line once or twice!) ;) I agree with you about the luck component!

Well, good luck to you! :)

Phaedrakiki
11-09-13, 11:55 PM
Level 441: 12 fire in 30 moves (5JC.) This fire level has crates, windows/cutouts, restricted jewels, and a lock and chain area with most of the fire inside. There are 2 more flames at the top right & left. The L&C has a 45-count lock, and the color changes each round.

http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag81/Beadsbykat/400%20up%20-%20JMD/61094dc0-322d-49ad-b6cc-8fcb9488c984_zps5e3ce258.jpg

I enjoyed this level, it was fun (or maybe I was just sooooo happy to be done with the timed one before it, lol!) I got down to 1 or 2 flames several times before passing (took 6/7 tries, maybe?) The fire below (in the L&C) is pretty easy to put out, so your main goal is to get the L&C open fast enough so you have enough moves left to extinguish the fire (prob 7 to 10, unless you have a combo ready.) It's also important to keep those flames at the top from getting big/out of control. In order to get the L&C open faster, I would look for boards that had plenty of the target color (lots of them had only 2 or 3 of the color I needed.) I'd restart the level if it didn't have several of the L&C color. I also looked for moves that would put out the top fires (once you put it out on one side, it stays out,) and/or break crates at the sides. Of course, special jewel-creating moves are great, although blasters aren't all that handy until you get the L&C open (unless you use 'em in combination to take out lots of jewels.) All the diamonds I made, I used on the target color jewel (never had a chance to combo them.) I ended up only getting one star cuz I had too many moves left. (Got L&C open with 26 or so moves left, then got down to one flame with 12 moves.) Score-wise, it's probably better to clear those restricted jewels at the bottom (though you don't have to sweat them much to pass!) It's also better to use up more of your moves, but I'm always too scared to risk that on fire levels--they can get away from you WAY too easily. I prefer to pass now, then try for more stars next time... ;)

Phaedrakiki
11-10-13, 02:48 AM
Level 442: Dig 11 meters in 70 moves (5JC.) This super dirt level has lots of little windows/cutouts, as well as restricted ice (white blocks.)

http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag81/Beadsbykat/400%20up%20-%20JMD/ec25b7b7-8c8b-412e-bb41-e73ae0f608a0_zps0ed4d78e.jpg
http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag81/Beadsbykat/400%20up%20-%20JMD/efecacc6-38a6-4143-a47f-21f57478c326_zps524d726b.jpg
http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag81/Beadsbykat/400%20up%20-%20JMD/c6eb2543-8b58-436e-bbfe-0a7ec08b56e5_zps1f095c66.jpg

Got really lucky and passed this one on my first try. It was lots of fun, with all the little weird edges & this funky-shaped board. Blaster + bombs are the best/easiest way to go here, although I used a diamond + blaster once (or 2x?) And of course, good ol' regular blasters in the right spot are also super-handy. Enjoyed this one!!! :D

Phaedrakiki
11-10-13, 03:02 AM
Level 443: 35 glass in 2:00 (5JC.) The double-glass is laid out in a sort of checkerboard pattern on this level, with little windows scattered around. There's lock and chain at the bottom with restricted jewels inside (and glass underneath.) Both L&C areas have 35-count locks; the "target" colors change each round. Black jewels fall in from time-to-time, but I never had too many that got in my way.

http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag81/Beadsbykat/400%20up%20-%20JMD/49983090-940e-4bf0-baa1-f627370eb7b7_zps7fac7cb5.jpg

Ugh, this one took me a few days to pass--pretty difficult. I finally passed in a round with lots of diamonds...2 combo'd with blasters. The diamonds were amazing help at clearing the L&C, and later the restricted jewels. Btw, with the glass in that checkerboard pattern, it's kind of confusing on the eyes! You get more used to it when you're stuck for days, though...was SO glad to be done with this one ;)

nasonovata
01-12-14, 07:48 AM
I play without any boosts (even without free/payed with coins ones), and 443 was tough one. It takes about 9 days to beat it although there is more time to play now (2:45). First week my best results were 29-30 breaking glasses out of 35 with 21-24 in average. I don't know why (global improvement to make level easier or maybe some algorithm for stucked users (sometimes I think that there is one)), but later it had become much easier, but still took few days to finally beat it.

limonepledge
02-06-14, 12:32 PM
Level 439: 20 glass in 50 moves (5JC.)

This level has been increased to 60 moves.

You're right about diamonds being super helpful. I don't think I ever got more than 1 in a round, but every one helps. I always had problems clearing those upper two glass squares so eventually on a round where I used 3 blaster + bomb combos and only had one glass left (in the top left) I was so fed up I bought a glass breaking boost. Right now I'm happy to finally move on, but I'm sure later I'll regret it when I'm short on gold. I never want to spend money on games so I just hoard the gold from challenges.

Phaedrakiki
02-07-14, 04:12 AM
Lol, I know what you mean--I hate spending gold (only do it when I'm absolutely losing my mind on a level. Made it pretty far into the game without using boosts or buying extra time...but eventually I got "fed up" too...) Level 439 is etched in my mind. When I read your post about the "upper glass squares," I immediately knew which level you meant--it's so hard to get to them. I'm glad they added more moves to the level, much needed. And thank goodness for diamonds (and "lucky" rounds, like when I got a blaster + bomb combo at the top of the board. Wow, at the time I was SO excited!)

Anyway, congrats on passing--level 439's a tough one! And def don't feel bad about the gold. If you have to spend a little once in awhile to bypass difficult or frustrating levels--so be it. It's only now & then, to continue enjoying the game, and moving on to more fun levels. I used to stress on it, but not anymore. I just accept that occasionally, I have to spend a little $ to avoid the frustration of certain levels. And since I don't spend ANY gold/gems on my other games, I don't feel too wasteful...

Good luck, and have fun!!! :D

limonepledge
02-07-14, 03:33 PM
Thanks!

Now I'm stuck on 441. There are 5 more moves and yesterday everything was going well. I played a bunch of times and ended up with a fire or two left. I feel like something changed over night because I've played nine times today and only once got the lock & chain open. Most times I'd run out of moves with the count still somewhere around 10. Im waiting for my energy to refill and then back to it! It bugs me that I saw the end so many times yesterday so I know it totally doable.

Other changes:

Level 440: has 35 more seconds bringing it to 3:45. I was stuck there for a bit Ithink because I couldnt clear the restricted black jewels. Once I was able to get through those it was easier (slightly). Bomb and blastercombos definitely came in handy!

limonepledge
02-07-14, 09:29 PM
Level 442: Dig 11 meters in 70 moves (5JC.)

This one now has 80 moves. I'm so jealous Phaedrakiki made it through on the first try. I've only tried once and managed to only clear one row in 80 moves. It's so pathetic I couldn't help but laugh. Try, try again!

Phaedrakiki
02-08-14, 06:00 PM
Lol, limonepledge...I'm sure I just got my lucky level on my first try. Otherwise I'd no doubt have been stranded there for awhile. That level has a lot going on at the top, so I probably got a good combo right away, allowing me to get past the "harder part" quickly. You'll get yours soon! ;)

limonepledge
02-08-14, 07:10 PM
Level 443: 35 glass in 2:00

This is one hard level! I got through it in about a day, which amazes me. It's now at 3:20 so that extra time sure helps. When I played there were always tons of black jewels falling in. At one point I counted 12. Unfortunately I always had a hard time making blasters so they all just fell to the bottom, which made it even harder to get through. On the winning round I was able to make a few horizontal blasters at the bottom which took care of the black jewels and glass!

limonepledge
02-09-14, 10:09 AM
Level 444: Extinguish 14 fires in 35 moves. (5JC). This level is pretty similar to 441 with two fires on the top right and left corners. But here the other 12 (and a row of restricted jewels) are hidden under a 45 count lock and chain. The color of the lock changes every time. I've been refreshing to make sure that I start with either matches in the L&C color, a match that takes out one of the top flames of a match that makes a special jewel.

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q195/tenten199/photo2-1.png

I have yet to get through it and so far it's just like 441 to me. For a while I get through the L&C and run out of moves when there are only a couple fires left. Now I'm struggling to even unlock the flames or the upper ones start taking over the board. I think once you get through as long as you have enough moves left it shouldn't be that hard to extinguish all the flames...it's just getting to that point. It doesn't seem too hard to make special jewels, but the number of L&C colored jewels is really limited or when I play they all seem to fall right next to the fire and get gobbled up. Over the last 4 rounds I think I've only gotten the count down to about 10..sometimes it's still in the 20s.

Next island: Magma Mayhem (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?64982-Magma-Mayhem-Levels-445-450-%28Region-75%29)

Phaedrakiki
02-09-14, 03:53 PM
Hmmm...sounds like they added time (+ 1:20) and extra black jewels to Level 443! Glad to see it's not giving you any more trouble!

I was wondering what happened to my Level 444 post--maybe I forgot to make one? I still have my orig. screenshot, so I looked back and saw I actually had 40 moves on 444. I def remember struggling with this level. I'm really surprised they took moves away (espec. since they've been adding them!) I had made notes--looks like I passed with lots of diamonds, including a diamond + blaster.

Good luck to you!

limonepledge
02-09-14, 06:57 PM
I'm really surprised too that they subtracted moves. I've gotten so used to looking up the levels and seeing they've added some. I still struggle, but it's nice to know that people made it through with less so I should be able to also.

I finally made it through 444 with a bomb and blaster combo on the bottom. So glad to be moving on!

CerealKlller
05-24-15, 05:07 AM
I got 1st place on the leaderboard here but didn't get 3 stars. I blew it out of the park! What gives? I don't move on till I get 3 stars!

I'm really surprised too that they subtracted moves. I've gotten so used to looking up the levels and seeing they've added some. I still struggle, but it's nice to know that people made it through with less so I should be able to also.

I finally made it through 444 with a bomb and blaster combo on the bottom. So glad to be moving on!

Bonker2020
05-25-15, 10:02 PM
I got 1st place on the leaderboard here but didn't get 3 stars. I blew it out of the park! What gives? I don't move on till I get 3 stars!

Given what you've written, it sounds like you've got three stars in every level up until 444. Can you confirm what your score is on level 394 as I am finding it impossible to get three stars on that?