PDA

View Full Version : Cloud Temple - Levels 313 - 318

aileeniweeni
07-24-13, 04:17 PM
yay yay new region (for me)!!

Level 313... timed glass level with doom jewels and portals

http://i1364.photobucket.com/albums/r738/aileeniweeni/8d7ab3b6-9379-432e-91ab-2c4347a5b0e7_zps85101a0d.jpg

0:45 on all the doom jewels that are on the board to start. So they last almost the entirety of the level, which is only 0:50 seconds. The top 2 squares are actually connected, but you have to break through the crate first to expose the glass. The bottom 2 squares are also connected with a crate in between them. There are also surprise doom jewels that drop in and have a timer of 0:25 on them. The jewels will drop from the top left square to the bottom right square. And from the top right square to the bottom left square. I tried getting rid of doom jewels by simple matching. But sometimes there are no available matches around them, so i either try to make blasters to get them or get the jewels to fall through the portals and hope it will make some matches around the doom jewels. Still working on this one :)

Phaedrakiki
07-25-13, 12:46 AM
Wow, that looks crazy cool and complicated! Yikesy! :o

aileeniweeni
07-30-13, 03:30 PM
Level 314... timed glass level with doom jewels and portals

http://i1364.photobucket.com/albums/r738/aileeniweeni/a5ead38b-d010-49a1-a9fd-40d0ead05fcc_zps22630077.jpg

the initial doom jewels have a 0:40 sec timer on it and aren't too hard to get rid of. more surprise doom jewels will drop in during the round and start at 0:25 (i think), but those aren't too bad either. i usually focus on getting rid of them when they drop in so i don't have to worry about them. the glass in the middle square and the glass on the separated side columns are easy to get rid of. the hardest glass to break is the 4 isolated spots on top and on bottom of the middle area. you will need to either make a vertical blaster, or make a bomb + blaster combo to reach those isolated glass spots. they are double glassed, so you will need to blast them twice. so the easiest area to make the vertical blaster is in the 2nd or 3rd column of the middle area. If you ever make one or move one (vertical blaster) over to the 1st column or 4th column, it usually gets portaled over into the 2nd and 3rd columns if you don't activate it right away. so the 1st column jewels will get portaled to the 2nd column and the 4th column jewels go to the 3rd column, all within the middle area. this one took several tries for me. and 2:45 is a lot of time on the clock, but you will need it and whenever the jewels are moving around it takes them awhile to get settled, so that eats away at the clock.

aileeniweeni
07-30-13, 03:32 PM
Level 315... timed fire level with doom jewels and portals

http://i1364.photobucket.com/albums/r738/aileeniweeni/37c4230d-9b6f-4902-9ee2-8a9a69b47db3_zps3d9bca53.jpg

this one didn't take as long to pass. and this might be one of my favorite fire levels because for the most part the fires are contained and cannot spread to the main jewel area!! yay. the initial doom jewels have 0:30 sec on the timer, and i think more drop in. but since this only took me a few tries, i've forgotten already. i did a bomb + blaster combo in the middle area. and then i did another bomb + blaster towards the bottom to get the bottom sections of fire. 1:00 on the clock, so it goes pretty fast!

aileeniweeni
07-30-13, 03:45 PM
Level 316... digging moves level with super dirt, crates, and white blocks

http://i1364.photobucket.com/albums/r738/aileeniweeni/1b735afa-f281-4857-90ce-b178a7305f60_zpsf50e9bb2.jpg
http://i1364.photobucket.com/albums/r738/aileeniweeni/1a90908c-386e-48b9-abad-5989de36885f_zps5a5b4cb3.jpg
http://i1364.photobucket.com/albums/r738/aileeniweeni/714c8b0d-73b6-4441-94ed-32925a20badf_zpsd1aaabb0.jpg

i think i passed this one on my first try. 55 moves to dig down 11 meters. pretty straight forward digging. hmm not much else to say :)

aileeniweeni
07-30-13, 04:09 PM
Level 317... glass moves level with black jewels and portals

http://i1364.photobucket.com/albums/r738/aileeniweeni/65dcf5f8-ab09-48f7-b15c-c5acb5c5c303_zpsc9796d13.jpg

the harder areas of glass to break are the 2 L-shaped areas that are separated from the main board. but the hardest glass to break is the part that is to all the way to the right of the top L-shape. This is because the only place of contact can result from a horizontal blast from the 2nd row of the main board. but it's very difficult to make horizontal blasters that high. so i think i did a bomb + blaster combo either as high as possible. Or you can try to do one that involves a vertical blaster all the way to the right of the board. this level took me a few tries and a lot of tricky maneuvering to blast those isolated L-shaped areas. Also remember there are portals, so the special jewels you create might get portaled into a different area. don't forget if you manage to blast those L-shaped areas have get a regular jewel to replace the black jewel, you can use a diamond to make a match with a jewel that is of the same color or combine it with a blaster.

aileeniweeni
07-30-13, 04:16 PM
Level 318... timed glass level with doom jewels, crates, white blocks, and portals

http://i1364.photobucket.com/albums/r738/aileeniweeni/cc6260fa-1f9d-49c5-aaea-a47bf2ec87f9_zps52cda711.jpg

the initial doom jewels have a timer of 0:40 sec, so they're not too bad to get rid of. but surprise doom jewels will drop in with a shorter timer, i think they were 0:25 sec. you need to break the crates on the sides because there's glass underneath. there's also glass underneath the white blocks. so just move as fast as you can! the level was pretty fun since there are only 4 JC. and finally moving on! yay.

schnuffles
07-30-13, 05:37 PM
Good Evening, Folks!

As you know by now, aileeniweeni and fellow Jewel Maniacs, this area was full of portals! Portals are a mechanic that we try to use to create levels that would be impossible without portals (like with this area), yet use them sparingly enough that it isn't confusing or bothersome for you, our players. I really am curious: what are your thoughts on the portals in this area? Do y'all love them, hate them, wish you saw more, etc? I'd love to know your thoughts for use in future levels! I can't make promises, of course, but I'd be interested to hear what you think! :cool:

Cheers!

aileeniweeni
07-31-13, 02:26 PM
i like the variety that portals add to levels. so i wouldn't want to see them all the time. but i think they're great to mix it up. i really like them in level 313, because they really felt essential in the mechanics of that level. in level 314, portals sort of helped but they were annoying when you'd finally make a vertical blaster to get those separated areas, only to have them portaled into different columns rendering them ineffective unless you could somehow create a bomb. level 315, the portals seemed neutral. level 317, i can't remember how i felt about the portals. and level 318, i just thought it was a fun level in general and the portals make it fun because the jewels are just constantly moving.

i reached level 330 (2 regions later) that has portals (& walls) and wow that one is interesting!! both those elements (portals & walls) make it really difficult to predict jewel movement. but usually when a level is timed, i don't spend too much time trying to manipulate jewel movement, so i just make matches wherever i can. but that level may be considered borderline confusing haha. i like it for now... let's see how many tries it'll take me to pass it though.

schnuffles
07-31-13, 03:38 PM
i like the variety that portals add to levels. so i wouldn't want to see them all the time. but i think they're great to mix it up. i really like them in level 313, because they really felt essential in the mechanics of that level. in level 314, portals sort of helped but they were annoying when you'd finally make a vertical blaster to get those separated areas, only to have them portaled into different columns rendering them ineffective unless you could somehow create a bomb. level 315, the portals seemed neutral. level 317, i can't remember how i felt about the portals. and level 318, i just thought it was a fun level in general and the portals make it fun because the jewels are just constantly moving.

i reached level 330 (2 regions later) that has portals (& walls) and wow that one is interesting!! both those elements (portals & walls) make it really difficult to predict jewel movement. but usually when a level is timed, i don't spend too much time trying to manipulate jewel movement, so i just make matches wherever i can. but that level may be considered borderline confusing haha. i like it for now... let's see how many tries it'll take me to pass it though.

Excellent feedback, Aileeniweeni! I'll be sure to take that into consideration with future levels. I was responsible for this area (and 330's!), so its great to hear back from our Jewel Maniacs! The question still stands for the rest of you; my ears (or eyes?) are listening! :cool:

Cheers!!

Phaedrakiki
08-14-13, 11:53 PM
I just arrived at Cloud Temple, and these levels are cool-looking (kinda futuristic or something.) I was eager to try these when this post first went up. But now that I'm here, I see that most of the levels (including the first 3) are timed...with doom jewels! I'm hoping I can get through them fast, cuz nothing's more frustrating than timed doom jewel levels you can't pass (and your 5 energies are used up like that! (finger snap. ;))

Level 313: 52 glass in :50 (4JC.) This level is tricky, because the 3-column wide sections with the doom jewels in them portal to each other (as do the ones that are 4-columns wide.) So, you have to make matches in the bottom sections to get jewels to flow thru the portals. If you don't have a match for a doom jewel in the lower left area, you can make any match there...to get the jewels moving (in hopes you'll get the color you need.) The other option is to make/use special jewels, like blasters...or lots of diamonds would be nice! :) I have no idea how I'll ever be able to make specials, though. So far, all my time's spent concentrating on clearing doomies. I've played this 3 times so far; that 50 seconds is over fast. The round's over even faster when your doom jewel has no match & explodes! :p Ugh, awaiting energy... I'm hoping I'll get the hang of this quickly, and get a lucky board with several diamonds & combo opportunities. Having only 4 colors should make it easier to create specials~

Phaedrakiki
08-15-13, 04:15 PM
I did it! Once I got used to 313's board layout, it wasn't as overwhelming as I thought. I still had doom jewel explosions occasionally, but it became a little easier to break the glass. I had one blaster + bomb combo, and the rest was regular matching and blasters/other single specials. I had one diamond (hard to make, since they can only be made after the crates are broken--only place wide enough for 5-match.) The diamond saved me from a doom jewel about to explode. Swapped it with matching color--rescued! ;) Only 1 star, which is becoming a bad habit lately. Have to work harder, which is difficult when these levels get more & more tough!

Phaedrakiki
08-15-13, 04:26 PM
Level 314: 28 glass in 2:55 (4JC.) They added 10 seconds to this since Aileeni's post, but wow is this one tricky! I'm still trying to figure out the portals. I studied the screenshots, read the earlier post, etc.--but I'm still confused. It doesn't seem to be doing what I thought it would. The 4 separate areas that have to be blasted (twice!) are SO difficult to get. Just when you get a vertical blaster, it detonates early or gets portaled away. I'm hoping I'll get better with practice, cuz this feels impossible right now. Here go some more attempts...

Phaedrakiki
08-15-13, 06:28 PM
Well, I never did figure out 314's portals, but I still passed it (yay!) :D I was able to do 2 blaster + bomb combos, and some vertical blasters (some actually hitting the right spots, lol!) I was SO excited to pass; I feared I'd be stuck a long time. Having only 4 colors in use makes these less intimidating, and the doom jewels not as much of a problem as they can sometimes be...

Level 315: 10 fire in 1:00 (4JC.) The time goes by so fast on this one. I had a doom jewel explode once, but I got thru to the end the other 4 times. I tried to make lots of horizontal blasters as well as bombs & other specials. Combined a few blaster + bombs, which take out the side fires nicely, but very hard to get them all in just a minute! I also made a diamond + blaster combo, but it mostly created vertical blasters (didn't hit much of the fire at all.*) It takes a long time for the moving jewels to get in their places--a big time waster! I'm not exactly sure how the portals in this level work, either...but I don't want to waste precious clock time figuring it out, lol. Doesn't really matter, I suppose. Just gotta move fast and get the right combo opportunities to extinguish all that fire! Awaiting energy to try, try again...

*Wish I knew for sure how diamond + blaster combos are programmed to work. What dictates whether you get mostly vertical or horizontal blasters from the combined swap? The type of blaster? The direction of the swap (blaster & diamond in same row...or column?) Or is it totally random? I've tried to pay attention as I play, but I haven't figured it out yet. Maybe it is just random...

Phaedrakiki
08-18-13, 03:56 PM
Finally! Took me awhile to get thru 315--I really dislike that level. I did appreciate the fact that the fire didn't spread. But time was over so fast. And the portals kept the jewels moving so much--I couldn't make bombs, which were needed for a blaster + bomb combo. By the time I'd see an "L" or "T" config., it had become a blaster or something else. I made lots of blasters, too, but so many would detonate in the wrong places. That level's just too "fast" for me! Many times I tried a diamond + blaster, but it didn't put out much fire, if any! So, I don't recommend that combo for this level (but I only got one star, so what do I know? Lol. ;)) Actually, diamonds in general didn't help me much in this level. Maybe if you needed a quick doom jewel clear or to detonate a blaster in a certain spot. But there's not much time for planning here, lol! Good luck!

Phaedrakiki
08-21-13, 02:42 PM
I'm actually stuck on level 320 right now, but I want to finish what I started, hehe. ;) While I was playing the remaining levels of this island, I kept notes in one of this thread's comment boxes on my laptop. I had a bunch of tabs open, doing a gazillion things at once. Of course, Murphy's Law struck, and I had to force close my browser. I was hoping the auto-save feature would save me, but no--lost all my notes. So bummed! :( I wanted to add the basic info on the remaining levels, but my memory's pretty bad. At least my screenshots will help with the stats, lol~ ;)

Level 316: Dig 11 meters in 55 moves (5JC.) No changes since post #5. This one took me quite a few attempts to pass--that darn super dirt really can trip you up sometimes! If you don't have a blaster + bomb, you need the right blaster type aimed in the right place. So many times my specials would detonate early...or other things would go wrong. Can't remember how I passed this, but I'm sure it was fun, lol!

During one round I combined a diamond and bomb (pretty sure it wouldn't help me with my super dirt, but I couldn't remember exactly what that combo did, and my round wasn't going very well anyway.) Here are before & after screenshots:

http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag81/Beadsbykat/f7c1b24a-7c50-474f-a0e4-cf40ebae6be2_zps9de1cd74.jpg http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag81/Beadsbykat/1ca5ee3e-7a45-4cea-97dd-31d1fe0a2903_zpsdddf6c64.jpg

The diamond + bomb is circled in pink in the first photo. The 2nd photo is taken right after--but you can see the super dirt is not affected at all. I guess I always assumed a diamond swapped with a bomb made an explosion and also cleared the onscreen jewels the same color as the bomb. It always seemed to so something else, too (all that twinkling, haha) but I never paid that close attention. All I knew is that the combo's effective on glass & regular digging levels...but definitely not super dirt, as shown here. So what does a diamond + bomb combo do--exactly? (The "advanced combinations" section of the Jewel Mania - Basics thread says this combo makes a larger explosion (than a bomb,) but that's not what happened here. I don't think it's the "full story" either, unless it's changed over the course of the game, maybe? If someone knows for sure (who pays attention better than me, lol,) please post. Next time I go back to play a lower level, I'll try to pay attention...see if I can figure out what *exactly* the combo does. (I'm also still wondering how diamond + blaster combos are programmed--my question from post #14...)

Phaedrakiki
08-21-13, 04:09 PM
Level 317: 38 glass in 40 moves (5JC.) No changes since post #6. I passed this one on my 2nd try, which surprised me (because it looks SO challenging--got lucky for sure!) The 1st round I played, the screen re-shuffled, cluttering the board with black boxes. It made it very difficult to create special jewels to blast those L-shaped areas. But my next board was great. I remember I did a blaster + bomb combo towards the bottom early-on in the round. I think it blasted the lower L-shape, but I still see black jewels there in the photo below. But I guess they would've been pulled to the bottom L from the upper one (or maybe I'm not remembering correctly...) There were other good combos & well-aimed blasts in that round. Wish I could remember them (my notes! waa-waa *tears*)

This is one of the few levels on this island where I understand the portals completely (at least, I think so, lol.) A cleared jewel in column 6 pulls jewels through 4 and 2 (in green 2, out red 4, in green 4, out red 6.) The same thing with columns 1, 3, & 5. And then the L-shapes portal to each other...blasting the bottom L pull jewels through the portals from the upper one.

I've added some screenshots:

http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag81/Beadsbykat/aab1d0b0-ecec-4939-bda3-0c5212f234d7_zps2b9dbc75.jpg http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag81/Beadsbykat/7bfe01e5-9587-4016-b9bb-76ce02535ba3_zps0c4012c5.jpg http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag81/Beadsbykat/635477fc-9832-4b4d-9043-ae07d04de0d9_zpsb949670b.jpg

In the first pic, there's an area that didn't fill in with jewels for some reason (circled in green.) Luckily it didn't stay that way...it did start working again. Not sure if it's a glitch, or maybe it has something to do with the black jewel in the other L-shape? Maybe until you clear the bottom one, it won't pull a jewel through the portal or something? Oh, wait--that's not it bcuz there's already a turquoise jewel above it, which had to have come through the portal. Hmmm... :confused:

Anyway, I'm not sure why I took the 2nd screenshot. Maybe I was just realizing how my game wasn't looking very good...2 glass left, no good combo material in sight. But I made a match, and because of the portal movement, got some good blaster set ups. Plus, the moving jewels automatically broke that top glass in column 1. In the 3rd photo, I'm down to my last move with 1 glass left. I looked at the final glass in the upper L-shape, and then couldn't believe it when I saw I had that yellow blaster and the perfect set up to detonate it! Only 1 star, but I'll take it. And I'll definitely play this one again. Very fun! :D

schnuffles
08-21-13, 04:47 PM
I'm actually stuck on level 320 right now, but I want to finish what I started, hehe. ;) While I was playing the remaining levels of this island, I kept notes in one of this thread's comment boxes on my laptop. I had a bunch of tabs open, doing a gazillion things at once. Of course, Murphy's Law struck, and I had to force close my browser. I was hoping the auto-save feature would save me, but no--lost all my notes. So bummed!

Way to take your posts seriously; I love the commitment!! :cool:

Keep it comin', Phaedrakiki!

Phaedrakiki
08-21-13, 06:44 PM
Lol, thanks Schnuffles! I haven't forgotten your request for portal feedback, either. I thought I'd do the levels all at once, after I finish the last level... :)

finnth12
08-21-13, 08:36 PM
I'm stuck on 315:( although it's cool feature but again timed level are so intense, lol.

Phaedrakiki
08-21-13, 10:53 PM
Level 318: 46 glass in 1:15 (4JC.) This was kind of fun for a timed doom jewel level--but very difficult! It took me lots of tries to pass this, so I definitely started to get frustrated. But it was fun having only 4 colors in play. Another cool thing in this level was the jewel/ice (white blocks) layout. You can try to make the color change effect work for you, if you can think quickly, lol. Because it really goes by fast--pretty crazy! You have 6 40-second doom jewels, in the same place at the start of each level. 3 of them are the same color each time...part of the same pattern. You can get a head start knowing these matches will be there if you like, and wipe them off the board likety-split. It's better to clear doom jewels before they fall to the bottom, anyway. Here's some screenshots, to show you what I mean...

http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag81/Beadsbykat/2da18ad6-0dc8-4052-a3fb-1b485fa70d32_zps01bf7ab6.jpg http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag81/Beadsbykat/4efbd3ac-9784-4e57-8731-38b770112209_zpsc222f158.jpg http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag81/Beadsbykat/5dad4387-5de3-4887-8dd0-c7387a15272a_zpsef431888.jpg

The 1st pic was taken back when I passed the level, the others just awhile ago. Wouldn't you know they'd add time to the level after I passed it! ;) So...I circled the "same color--in the same spot" doom jewels in green in the 2nd photo. These doomies have visible matches available, so as soon as you hear "Go!" you can clear them -- 1, 2, 3! -- to get 'em out of the way. There are other "in the same spot" matches that are identical each round. I marked them in the 3rd photo with white dots. I think the pink dotted jewels are always the same color/same place, too (but not sure.) Sometimes there will be better options/matches, of course, so be on the lookout. But you really don't have a lot of time; sometimes it's just best to m.o.v.e.! ;)

Don't forget those side crates on the upper part of the board...they have glass underneath, and are easy to overlook in the fury of swiping madly & trying to clear doom jewels. I didn't have the exact portal understanding on this one. I just knew I had to make moves underneath to get jewels to flow through them, and replacement jewels to come in. Lots of times I'd have no matches on the bottom, with a doom jewel stuck there. I just tried my best to take care of any doom jewels in the top area first, before making the matches at the bottom (so doomies don't fall and end up getting stuck down there.)

So now I'm over in Treasure Strand (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?56386-Treasure-Strand-Levels-319-324), trying to pass a timed fire level (not my fave!~) Good luck to you! :)

Phaedrakiki
08-21-13, 11:11 PM
I'm stuck on 315:( although it's cool feature but again timed level are so intense, lol. I agree, finnth--that one's also intense because everything's moving. SO difficult to get the blasters where you want them. Good luck! :)

finnth12
08-22-13, 07:18 AM
I agree, finnth--that one's also intense because everything's moving. SO difficult to get the blasters where you want them. Good luck! :)

Thanks, been awhile Phaedrakiki ;)
Ha! I passed it, I got lucky, I created bomb and blaster in the middle, blasted the fire in the middle, and managed to get another blast and bomb combo in the bottom. Bye2 fire :D

limonepledge
10-27-13, 11:18 AM
n*Wish I knew for sure how diamond + blaster combos are programmed to work. What dictates whether you get mostly vertical or horizontal blasters from the combined swap? The type of blaster? The direction of the swap (blaster & diamond in same row...or column?) Or is it totally random? I've tried to pay attention as I play, but I haven't figured it out yet. Maybe it is just random...

I think it's random. I've only really payed attention once but I swipped a vertical blaster and a diamond and got 3 verticalsand 3 horizontals. I hate those times when you bank on getting a certain one and all the blaster end up going the opposite direction.

So what does a diamond + bomb combo do--exactly? (The "advanced combinations" section of the Jewel Mania - Basics thread says this combo makes a larger explosion (than a bomb,) but that's not what happened here. I don't think it's the "full story" either, unless it's changed over the course of the game, maybe? If someone knows for sure (who pays attention better than me, lol,) please post. Next time I go back to play a lower level, I'll try to pay attention...see if I can figure out what *exactly* the combo does. (I'm also still wondering how diamond + blaster combos are programmed--my question from post #14...)

Everytime I've done a diamond bomb combo it's done nothing more than a diamond and whatever colored jewel. At this point I dont use it unless I absolutelly have to because it's a waste. From what I've noticed it doesn't even act like a bomb in the space the bomb originally was. Even when there's a bomb right next to super dirt and you swap it with a diamond it doesnt clear the dirt. Frankly I think that combo is a waste.

Phaedrakiki
10-28-13, 04:51 AM
Hi, thanks for posting! I agree that diamond + bomb is pretty worthless when super dirt is involved. You're right, it doesn't even "bomb". But I think what the combo does, is clear all the jewels the same color as the bomb...and then a second color, as well. So it can be very helpful on glass or reg. digging levels, and it's actually won a fire level or two for me lately (go figure!) I had pretty much given up on that combo, but tried it a lot while trying to answer the questions I posted here. And I realized it is useful in certain situations. I'm not 100% positive that's what it does, but I think so. Oh, and I totally agree about the blasters so often going the opposite way you want them to! Sometimes in my mind, I'm rooting "C'mon vertical, right there!" or Gimme some row blasters!!" (Doesn't work, lol.)

Thanks again for the reply! :D

lgmintas
01-18-14, 11:43 PM
Hi,
Me and my wife play every day, several times a day and have been for a long time now. We are at level 314 and somewhat frustrated now to the point where we are considering walking away. This level doesn't seem to give us any downward blasters. We have even played where we have counted the opportunities and there hasn't been enough to even complete the level. I think this level is pure luck and strategically impossible. We are at a point where we just flick jewels and hope for the best. I have near smashed the face if the ipad in frustration. Any pointers would be helpful before we give up.
Tack

lgmintas
01-18-14, 11:45 PM
Just reading above a diamond put with a bomb should turn all that colour to bombs, because as stated they are a waste of time and don't really help too much.

Phaedrakiki
01-19-14, 02:07 PM
Hi,
Me and my wife (...) are at level 314 and somewhat frustrated now to the point where we are considering walking away. This level doesn't seem to give us any downward blasters. (...) Any pointers would be helpful before we give up.
Tack
Hi! Did you see comment #'s 3 & 13/14? Not "tips" necessarily, but accounts of how the level was passed. Mostly blaster + bomb combos, which luckily work with any type of blaster! ;) I noticed they've added another 20 seconds to the level, as well as some time to the doom jewel timers. (Prob doesn't feel like it, but the level has gotten better, lol!) I thought this was a difficult level, too, so I understand your frustration! But hang in there...you'll get that lucky board soon (with the blasters and combos you need!) Good luck!

koetsub
07-29-14, 04:49 AM
Schnuffles, you asked about portals:

I am currently at Level 353, but trying to help my wife get through Level 314, which is probably the worst level I have encountered in this game; I got through it on my own iPad after much gnashing of teeth and pulling of hair.

I'm indifferent to portals, except in this level, where I HATE them.

It's frustrating; just when you think you can get down to making vertical blasters after clearing the doom jewels, the blasters disappear down a portal, and are totally useless. So you have to instead mindlessly just make as many matches as you can, hoping you will blast those darn four separate jewels.

lgmintas
11-03-14, 12:26 AM
Hi all,
We are now on level 521 and can not get past it, we have been on it for months. This may be where we delete the game. Both of us are very frustrated with this at the moment and are now looking for something else. This is a last chance here to see if there is anything that can help us get through, if not she's gone....frustrated players here.