PDA

View Full Version : Zealot's Conclave - Levels 307 - 312

aileeniweeni
07-19-13, 01:53 PM
hmm what kind of trouble is bean dog digging up? he's too adorable standing up on those stilts!!

http://i1364.photobucket.com/albums/r738/aileeniweeni/6b8413cb-9fce-4e42-9adb-9e7a1cf8adf5_zpsf0d884c4.jpg

Level 307... timed digging level with super dirt, restricted jewels, white blocks, and gifts

http://i1364.photobucket.com/albums/r738/aileeniweeni/39a81e87-039b-4af0-97ff-2f59a802fa95_zpsfde01148.jpg
http://i1364.photobucket.com/albums/r738/aileeniweeni/f1595dd0-f042-480e-ba3f-5eb7fa474d9d_zps374d4abb.jpg
http://i1364.photobucket.com/albums/r738/aileeniweeni/fcec5147-f017-4aaf-8c17-49da31c7cf6e_zps6f495cab.jpg

the presents that are in the restricted jewel state contain a present worth opening! it's a free dirt blasting boost. when you use it, it'll blast one layer of the dirt/super dirt on the board. i've gotten close to passing a couple times. but most of the time i get to the white blocks area and then time runs out. i just tried to make blasters as quickly as possible but it always takes me a bit longer to make them. whenever i am mindlessly swapping jewels i tend not to make any useful special jewels, so i move slower than i'd prefer but at least the blasters will get me somewhere.

aileeniweeni
07-23-13, 04:25 PM
More on level 307...
if you get the dirt blasting boost that's in the first gift, do NOT use it on the layer of super dirt that is sitting on top of the white blocks. When you use that blaster on that layer, it will turn the white blocks into the super dirt!!! so it's completely pointless to use it there. I reserve use of it to when i get to the super dirt layer that is underneath the 2nd gift in restricted state, which is blue in the picture in the above post. When you use the boost there, it will get rid of the super dirt and regular dirt layer.
When you have a bomb and use that to blow up the super dirt that sits on top of the white blocks, it can also turn the white blocks into super dirt. The best ways to get rid of the super dirt is to use vertical blasters, or a horizontal blaster, or use the bomb + blaster combo. But not a bomb by itself.

aileeniweeni
07-23-13, 04:27 PM
Level 308... fire moves level with restricted jewels and gifts

http://i1364.photobucket.com/albums/r738/aileeniweeni/1681e4a7-8383-4da5-bbe3-1b56eb3818c4_zpse6e4e718.jpg

I believe that both gifts contain fire extinguishers. But i passed this a couple days ago and now i've forgotten. Darn i even forgot how i passed the level. I do know that i used both of the free boosts and made some blasters. I'm sure someone else will come along with some good tips :D

aileeniweeni
07-23-13, 04:30 PM
Level 309... glass moves level with crates, restricted jewels, and gifts

http://i1364.photobucket.com/albums/r738/aileeniweeni/8493f74b-423b-484f-86fa-8bce97914510_zps71333454.jpg

Both of the gifts contain glass-breaking boosts. So you can break up to 1 glass with each boost. I focused on breaking the crates (no glass underneath) and releasing the restricted jewels. The hardest areas to break the glass are in the four corners. It's important to break the crates to get easier access to the glass in the corners. This level took me more than a few tries.

aileeniweeni
07-23-13, 05:02 PM
Level 310... timed fire level with snakes, restricted jewels, and gifts

http://i1364.photobucket.com/albums/r738/aileeniweeni/c81c46df-9a6a-4726-8efa-a7702ea71b8a_zps09b1e5f5.jpg

One gift contains a fire extinguisher and the other contains an activator, which activates all your special jewels on the board. i try to leave the restricted jewels at the very bottom alone until i release the other restricted jewels or **** some snakes. Because once you release the bottom restricted jewels, the fire will be free to spread. Releasing the restricted jewels in the middle of the board will provide you with more mobility on the board. ****ing the snakes will also free up more of the board, so you can create more matches. Hmm maybe it is better to leave the snakes alone so you can leave the fire on the sides contained and isolated. But so far i've been ****ing the snakes in every round. I will have to try that method when i get an energy refill. Still working on this one...

Phaedrakiki
07-23-13, 09:42 PM
More on level 307...
if you get the dirt blasting boost that's in the first gift, do NOT use it on the layer of super dirt that is sitting on top of the white blocks. When you use that blaster on that layer, it will turn the white blocks into the super dirt!!! (...)

When you have a bomb and use that to blow up the super dirt that sits on top of the white blocks, it can also turn the white blocks into super dirt. (...)
Wow, thanks for the warning--great advice! I've always known that the color-changing white blocks become the color of any jewels cleared next to them. But the fact that they also become super dirt (if super dirt is cleared next to them) is not good news! Yuck!

Do blasters work over bombs cuz they also take out the ice/white blocks? What if, say, you had a row of super dirt with white blocks underneath. If you cleared the super dirt row with a regular horizontal blaster, wouldn't the white blocks then change to super dirt? Sorry, I find this fascinating, lol! I guess you could always use a regular jewel match to color-change the ice first, then you wouldn't have the super dirt problem (but it would waste time/moves, lol.) Thanks, Aileeniweeni! :)

aileeniweeni
07-24-13, 01:56 PM
Wow, thanks for the warning--great advice! I've always known that the color-changing white blocks become the color of any jewels cleared next to them. But the fact that they also become super dirt (if super dirt is cleared next to them) is not good news! Yuck!

Do blasters work over bombs cuz they also take out the ice/white blocks? What if, say, you had a row of super dirt with white blocks underneath. If you cleared the super dirt row with a regular horizontal blaster, wouldn't the white blocks then change to super dirt? Sorry, I find this fascinating, lol! I guess you could always use a regular jewel match to color-change the ice first, then you wouldn't have the super dirt problem (but it would waste time/moves, lol.) Thanks, Aileeniweeni! :)

I was actually thinking of that ... why does the non-boost blaster work but not a bomb? In order to get a horizontal blaster to line up with the super dirt, at least one of the pieces of super dirt must be blasted. So perhaps each time i used the horizontal blaster, I had eliminated all the white blocks underneath the super dirt prior to using the blaster? But i feel like this wasn't the case when i was using the horizontal blaster, but i really can't remember. It'd make more sense that it'd only work if the white blocks were eliminated first. when you use a bomb that is just sitting on top of the super dirt, the white block won't be in the radius of its explosion. can you test this out when you get to level 307? ;) i'll do it as soon as i get caught up to the current released region! so whoever gets there first!! :D

your idea of changing the white block into a regular jewel first would work too. but yea, that involves a lot of jewel manipulation that you might not have the time for.

aileeniweeni
07-24-13, 02:00 PM
Level 311... fire moves level with restricted jewels and gifts

http://i1364.photobucket.com/albums/r738/aileeniweeni/d18cfc06-960e-4ccb-b79e-cf9c709ad604_zps58a0b990.jpg

wow i think i have short-term memory loss, i already forgot what was inside the gifts and i just passed this level a couple hours ago. i am pretty sure they both contain fire extinguisher boosts. i was lucky to pass this on my first try. i focused on releasing the restricted jewels and of course containing the fire. the match making availability pretty much dictated where i made my moves, so in this round i started in the center and the fire won't start to spread until you release the restricted jewels that are blocking them in.

aileeniweeni
07-24-13, 02:27 PM
Level 312... digging moves level with super dirt, restricted jewels, and gifts

http://i1364.photobucket.com/albums/r738/aileeniweeni/081a5dbf-2b2d-441a-822c-1210a34f783b_zps28a8bdf6.jpg
http://i1364.photobucket.com/albums/r738/aileeniweeni/95dd8d71-fc4d-4f8d-8181-b4152f49c895_zps97f730d8.jpg
http://i1364.photobucket.com/albums/r738/aileeniweeni/ca1273c1-cab2-41a4-bd0b-0e341321ba65_zps2bbc7473.jpg

Each of the gifts have one dirt blaster boost. But you have to be careful where you use it. If you use it in the area that has the stepwise gaps in the board, it won't cleanly take out one layer, because the upper layer of super dirt won't fall if it's sitting on top of the wall. I only had one energy to try this level, so i'm still working on it.

Phaedrakiki
08-12-13, 04:57 PM
Level 307: Dig 11 meters in 1:40 (5JC.) 10 seconds added to this since post #1. But it's not much time at all to get thru all the super dirt (s.d.) & other barriers in this level. Been working on this since yesterday, but usually can't get past the 1st row or two (made it to 6 once.) I'm hoping it'll improve the more I get used to the level, but it's not very promising so far.

Ugh, I dislike timed levels, especially when there's a bunch of different things to do in a super-short amount of time. Although I don't even know how bad all those "things" are, since I haven't even reached the ice/white blocks yet. That's where Aileeni's advice about not-using the gift (or bombs, & possibly blasters?) comes into play. (They can turn ice into s.d.) But there's not really much time to figure all that out. How did anyone pass this level? Even if it had another minute on the clock, I would still be a struggling, lol. But at least I'd have a shot... ;)

Phaedrakiki
08-13-13, 05:15 PM
Passed 307, though I'm not sure how! I had such a hard time with this level. The s.d. at the start gave me such a hard time, I barely ever made it past that. But I finally had a round where my blasters and bombs were cooperating, and I finally saw the goal line (for the first time!) But time was almost gone (flashing countdown.) Then I realized I hadn't used my free boosts yet (had 2.) So I pressed the more time button, and bought gold (swore I'd stop, lol!) Then I quickly used my digging/blaster boosts, and finished the level. I couldn't believe it! If you get stuck on this level, just hang in there. Eventually, you'll get a lucky board (and with your faster fingers, you won't need gold, lol.) Really, though...this level should have a little more time added (at least!)

Level 308... fire moves level with restricted jewels and gifts (...)
I believe that both gifts contain fire extinguishers. (...) :D

Level 308: 18 fire in 35 moves (5JC.) No changes in moves, but the gifts are now a reshuffle boost & a fire extinguisher. I used a diamond in the round I passed to clear some red jewels (including one of the gifts & some restricteds.) That allowed some blasters to fall down to the lower rows and put out all the fire except two flames on right & left side (2nd row from bottom--a very hard-to-reach spot in this level!) I had a blaster in the middle area too (where the gifts start out)...but no way to detonate it. Then up top, a bomb fell next to another blaster. Combo'd 'em, and the T-blast set off that "sweet spot" blaster below, taking out my last two flames! Whoo-hoo! Didn't even have to use my extinguisher boost, lol. Only got one star, so I'll def. play this again to improve my score. The moves are pretty tight on this, but I enjoyed it! :D

Phaedrakiki
08-13-13, 05:25 PM
Level 309: 44 glass in 35 moves (5JC.) They added 5 moves to this, but it's still incredibly tight. Have to be really careful with your moves. I've played 6 or 7 times, and haven't gotten closer than 41/44 (that's with the two glass-breaking boost gifts!) :p I'm enjoying this fun challenge, though (at my own pace!) ~I'll get it! ;)

Phaedrakiki
08-13-13, 07:45 PM
Level 309 was so fun--I'm sorry it's over! I had a great round...lots of diamonds, one combined with a blaster. Also combined a blaster + bomb. Didn't even end up using the gift boosts that last round--lucky, & so fun! :D

Btw, I experimented with the glass-breaking boost on a round I knew I couldn't pass. I still had a restricted jewel in one of the corners (which have double glass underneath.) I wondered if it was possible to break that glass with the restricted jewel still in place. According to my test--you can! I used both boosts on the same restricted, and it seemed to accept it, making the glass-breaking sound each time. After the 2nd break, the glass count went up by one--it seemed to work! So, if you break all the glass but still have one restricted jewel left--you could still pass by using the boosts! (Not likely, but just in case, right? Lol! ;) )

Level 310: 14 fire in 1:15 (5JC.) No changes since orig. post. Ugh, another fast, timed fire level--not happy! Played my last 4 energies, and didn't get anywhere with the fire. Also only got 1 gift so far (fire extinguisher,) though the only time I even got a glimpse of it was when time ran out (after bean dog moved, lol.) I just can't think/move that fast--these timed fire levels **** me! Guess I'll do the usual--keep trying to familiarize myself with the level's layout, and get used to how everything works on this board. Then wait for a whole lotta luck! ;)

Phaedrakiki
08-14-13, 12:45 AM
Level 311: 14 fire in 35 moves (5JC.) Omg, I got really lucky and passed this on my first try. I got a diamond, and used it to clear some restricted purple jewels, as well as some touching flames. That cleared lots of fire below. Then I tried to get the rest of the flames with simple matches, but there's one or two flames that are I just couldn't reach. Actually, the entire board is tricky...with windows, walls, etc.! On my 2nd-to-last move, I created a bomb--right on top of a blaster(!) Combined them, which snuffed those last two flames perfectly! Yay! I imagine this level could get away from you fast if you don't get a good board, since there's not many places to move. I enjoyed this, so I'll def play again to improve the 1-star rating I got...

Phaedrakiki
08-14-13, 12:57 AM
Level 312: Dig 11 meters in 55 moves (5JC.) Again, no changes, but this one's really tight also. I've been able to get close to the goal line, but not past it, lol. I need to do a better job navigating the s.d., as well as using the digging/blaster gifts at the right time. I was hoping I could use one to blast through the row of restricted jewels towards the bottom, but it doesn't work that way (too bad, lol!) This is a fun level, so I don't mind the challenge. Hopefully I'll end up with a good score. I've done terribly on this island (SO many 1-stars!)

Phaedrakiki
08-15-13, 03:04 AM
Ha! I passed 312, but only 1 star again. When I got to Cloud Temple (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?56073-Cloud-Temple-Levels-313-318), I needed another star. So I went way back and replayed some levels to get more (one was in Robo Plateau.) Those earlier levels are a lot of fun (though I thought they were tough at the time, lol! ;))

Anyway, 312 was pretty challenging. I barely made it through, and I had a super-lucky level. I got several diamonds...1 combined w/blaster, 2 more swapped with each other (wiped entire screen including all dirt/s.d.) Btw, is it just me, or does a diamond + bomb combo not work on super dirt? I think I tried it unsuccessfully. But I played so many rounds of this level, I could be confused, lol! I think I also did a blaster + bomb or two in the round I passed. By the time I scrolled & saw the row of restricteds, I still had my free boost gift blasters & some moves left. So I finally reached the goal. Wonder what you have to do for 2 stars (or 3?) on that one? Tricky level (needs more moves added...please? So I can go back & get more stars? ;))

scottnickangel
06-17-16, 04:57 AM
There is a reshuffle power-up in one of those prize jewels.