PDA

View Full Version : The Phoenix's Prison - Levels 295 - 300

aileeniweeni
07-13-13, 11:15 AM
With this region we'll hit the 300 mark for levels! Hurray

Level 295... Digging moves level with lock & chain and super dirt

http://i1364.photobucket.com/albums/r738/aileeniweeni/64545935-62a3-4f44-bb08-205c20826fcc_zps79fedcde.jpg
http://i1364.photobucket.com/albums/r738/aileeniweeni/adab8f42-3766-4e9a-94ff-9930ff689dab_zps5e138ba5.jpg
http://i1364.photobucket.com/albums/r738/aileeniweeni/e977844d-de07-4cf0-bf79-a2ac2ee1b91c_zps1e354e1c.jpg
http://i1364.photobucket.com/albums/r738/aileeniweeni/403eb1b0-2412-490e-ae4f-9f794de3f585_zps06cb9056.jpg

There are a bunch of lock & chains zig zagging down the middle. All the locks will be the same color, in this case it's green. The 1st lock starts with a count of 10 and the following locks have counts that increase by 20 each time, up until 250 which is the last lock. This level is pretty fun ! Lots of diamond making opportunities and bombs/blasters. Took me a few tries to pass because I didn't focus on the lock color very much the first time. Oh and digging through the super dirt won't be so hard since you'll have so many special jewels

aileeniweeni
07-13-13, 10:09 PM
Level 296... timed fire level with lock & chain

http://i1364.photobucket.com/albums/r738/aileeniweeni/a0ea92ed-0d56-4029-ae22-f4c6b41d8bd2_zps831a3dc9.jpg

so fire is eating up like half the board with 0:55 on the clock. The lock & chain overlap each other, so as you unlock each colored lock, a little part of the fire underneath will get exposed. Counts of 25 aren't too bad, but still tough to get within the time limit. You've gotta move as fast as possible to make enough matches and to get a good control over the fire. The less fire you have, the more of a playing board you have to make matches and get those locks unlocked!!

aileeniweeni
07-13-13, 10:14 PM
Level 297... glass moves level with lock & chain, black jewels, and portals

http://i1364.photobucket.com/albums/r738/aileeniweeni/34eb30aa-8967-4131-a04e-8459e2578e8c_zps6be0cdae.jpg

So there are 4 areas of lock & chain, 25 count on top and 35 count on bottom (both these areas have glass underneath) and then 15 counts on the sides with NO glass underneath, but all black jewels. The 15 counts will always matching colors (in this case red & red), but all the lock colors will vary from round to round. And the black jewels become a nuisance once they are unlocked. Which tends to happen sooner than you'd like. When the black jewels are unlocked, they'll fall through the portals and then move into the middle section. They start getting in the way of match making. I'm still working on this because 30 moves is veeeeery tight to get the top & bottom areas unlocked and then break all the glass.

aileeniweeni
07-14-13, 07:45 PM
Level 298... timed digging level with lock & chain and white blocks

http://i1364.photobucket.com/albums/r738/aileeniweeni/c0c3a689-425e-4259-b8d1-c315afb7509c_zps63f57535.jpg
http://i1364.photobucket.com/albums/r738/aileeniweeni/c55a6266-d650-4269-812e-0e01b35d3b39_zps50fbf851.jpg
http://i1364.photobucket.com/albums/r738/aileeniweeni/cd3eb350-9923-40ff-b99b-39db7563318d_zps9475f541.jpg
http://i1364.photobucket.com/albums/r738/aileeniweeni/6583527c-7a29-48f1-b540-27acba2d805e_zpse38932e3.jpg

There are 4 sections of lock & chain with counts of 30, 75, 150, 250 on the locks. All the locks will be the same color, but which color it is will vary from round to round. you have to unlock each lock & chain area and blast the dirt to get the board to move down. I usually manage to get down to around the 250 lock & chain area, or slightly above it, but 1:55 doesn't seem to be enough time for me to unlock that last area. It looks like you can create vertical blasters to dig underneath the lock & chain, and I am guessing that if you can manage to dig on all columns you might be able to pass the level without unlocking the last area?? i can't be sure since i haven't been able to do it. but if i ever manage to unlock the 250 lock area, i might have a few seconds left to dig. Still working on this one.

I try to make matches around the white blocks with the color of the locks so that i get double the match and it helps greatly with reducing the count on the locks. if i get a diamond i try to use it on the color or combine it with a blaster. level is pretty fun because lots of special jewels can be made most of the time. but the time is pretty tight.

aileeniweeni
07-15-13, 08:31 PM
Level 299... fire moves level with lock & chain and doom jewels

http://i1364.photobucket.com/albums/r738/aileeniweeni/5c3b47c5-485e-468b-88e0-ab37c165fb94_zps8044c1f4.jpg

some of these lock & chains overlap each other. so some won't unlock until you get both sections... i can't remember which ones are overlapping exactly. I'm gonna need someone who gets to this level to give some tips because i just got really lucky and beat it within a few tries. so i don't have too many strategy tips :/ as you can see there are doom jewels in the lock & chains so keep your eye on them when they get unlocked. it's also possible that extra doom jewels drop in as you play, i know it does it in the next level. but now i can't remember if it does in this level. if i can get to the next region by tonight or tomorrow, i'll sacrifice and energy to play this level again to see... haha.

aileeniweeni
07-15-13, 08:41 PM
Level 300!!... timed fire level with lock & chain and doom jewels

http://i1364.photobucket.com/albums/r738/aileeniweeni/89f058ad-50b7-4f78-82b2-1ba0649d7fed_zpsb16812cb.jpg

There are 5 sections of lock & chain. 4 squares have locks with counts of 30 and they'll always be 2 pairs of 2 different colors. The bottom lock & chain area that contains all the doom jewels won't unlock until you unlock all the other lock & chain areas first. Surprise doom jewels also drop in and they usually have counts of 20 seconds. They're usually not that hard to get rid of, but this level does not have much time on it at all, only 0:50!! So name of the game is to move fast! i'm still working on this. Whenever I manage to get the last lock & chain area to unlock i barely have any time left. unlocking the lock & chain areas makes it easier to access all of the fire, so it's really difficult to put out the fire if those areas are still locked up.

Phaedrakiki
08-04-13, 08:34 PM
Level 295: Dig 15 meters in 80 moves (5 JC-jewel colors.) This level is really fun! It took me a few rounds, but I eventually passed with 3 stars (dug to 20 meters or so.) Remember the color you're targeting on this--I let it slip when I first played, and it makes a difference. Use a diamond on the L&C color if there's no blaster to combine it with, and combo lots of blasters/bombs. Really enjoyed this one! :D

Level 296: 40 fire in 1:10 (5 JC.) Ugh, this fire level looks scary--took me awhile to even try it. Starts out with so many flames--intense! Hope I can pass this quickly, but it's pretty difficult. And the timer's so short! :(

Changes~ 295: +10 moves; 296: +15 seconds

Phaedrakiki
08-05-13, 07:06 PM
Passed 296 finally. Got lucky--another one of those "surprise" passes, actually. I suddenly realized I'd done it and went, "Huh?" But hey, I'll take it, lol! Another blaster + bomb success (plus a diamond...) Not to mention, lots of furious swiping! ;)

Level 297: 50 glass in 35 moves (5 JC.) This was a lot of fun, but very challenging. The black jewels really get in your way if you don't blast or bomb some of them. The moves are very tight, so it might take awhile to get the right board (took me a few tries.) Passed this with a diamond + blaster combo followed by a blaster + bomb. Enjoyed this! :)

Level 298: Dig 17 meters in 2:10 (5 JC.) Whoa, gotta move fast on this one. I've played it 10 times so far, and I've never been able to get the last L&C opened. Trying to use the prev suggestion of color-changing the ice/white blocks to the L&C color, but it's not always feasible. Also trying to use special jewels and big combos to clear lots of jewels, but still so difficult to get to the bottom in the alotted time. Diamonds are very helpful in this round...I seem to get further when I have lots (just like any level, lol!) Still working on this and wishing for more time!

Changes~ 297: +5 moves; 298: +15 seconds

Phaedrakiki
08-06-13, 08:22 PM
Took me a long time, but I finally passed 298. I never could get the last L&C open, except on my last attempt (when I passed.) I had tons of diamonds that round, which really helped. Prior to passing, I started playing only boards that had matches flat against the ice/white blocks. The matches had to be the color I was targeting (L&C color.) I'd watch as the screen scrolled at the beginning, to see if there was at least a couple "target color" matches flat against the ice (either horiz. or vert. matches, as long as all 3 jewels touching ice.) If I didn't have that, I'd restart the level. The color-match property really helps boost the color count. After so many attempts, I was so excited when the last L&C opened and I kept getting all these diamonds to finish digging! I needed every second, too--the timer on this level is way too short!

Phaedrakiki
08-06-13, 08:25 PM
Level 299 (...) there are doom jewels in the lock & chains so keep your eye on them when they get unlocked. it's also possible that extra doom jewels drop in as you play, (...) i can't remember (...)
Level 299: 25 fire in 35 moves (5JC.) They added 5 moves since Aileeni's post, but it doesn't matter to me (so far) cuz I can't get past the doom jewels! :mad: When you unlock them from their L&C-state, they have a count of 6. Every time I've played (8, 9 times?) there's a doom jewel I can't clear in the alotted moves. I haven't seen any doom jewels drop in, however...so that's good news! ;) I'll keep plugin' away, lol!

Phaedrakiki
08-06-13, 11:39 PM
Whew! Took awhile to be able to get past the doom jewels in 299, then longer to have enough moves left to put out the flames. I finally had a "lucky" round though, where I could combine a diamond + blaster, then a blaster + bomb a little later. Then I had a perfect 3-match right above my last 3 flames--whoo-hoo! Had 7 or 8 moves left, too, which brought me up to 2 stars (thank Goodness!) This level was not one of my favorite moves levels, though (prob bcuz of the doom jewels...)

O. M. G.! I can't believe I made it to Level 300! Who'd a'thunk it? ;)
300: 30 fire in 1:10 (5JC.) This level isn't my kinda fun at all. A timed...fire...doom jewel level--that's no way to celebrate reaching the 300th level! :( I've played it twice so far & managed to get thru the doomies, but couldn't put out the fire. The time goes by super fast. Ugh, just icky-ugh! :p

Phaedrakiki
08-07-13, 02:17 AM
Yay! I made it through...300's not impossible after all (;)!) If you start pushing the fire back right away, and keep up with the doom jewels, then you just need a little luck. Oh, and to move fast, Fast, FAST. As the board opens up, it's pretty easy to make specials & combos. I used a diamond + blaster, and while it was still detonating, combined a blaster + bomb near the bottom. It wiped out all the fire! And with that, I'm off to Clock Tower's Call (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?55730-Clock-Tower-s-Call-Levels-301-306). Whoopee!

VGailP
05-10-14, 11:10 AM
Passed 296 finally. Got lucky--another one of those "surprise" passes, actually. I suddenly realized I'd done it and went, "Huh?" But hey, I'll take it, lol! Another blaster + bomb success (plus a diamond...) Not to mention, lots of furious swiping! ;)

Level 297: 50 glass in 35 moves (5 JC.) This was a lot of fun, but very challenging. The black jewels really get in your way if you don't blast or bomb some of them. The moves are very tight, so it might take awhile to get the right board (took me a few tries.) Passed this with a diamond + blaster combo followed by a blaster + bomb. Enjoyed this! :)

Level 298: Dig 17 meters in 2:10 (5 JC.) Whoa, gotta move fast on this one. I've played it 10 times so far, and I've never been able to get the last L&C opened. Trying to use the prev suggestion of color-changing the ice/white blocks to the L&C color, but it's not always feasible. Also trying to use special jewels and big combos to clear lots of jewels, but still so difficult to get to the bottom in the alotted time. Diamonds are very helpful in this round...I seem to get further when I have lots (just like any level, lol!) Still working on this and wishing for more time!

Changes~ 297: +5 moves; 298: +15 seconds

Hi Kiki,
I haven't played but a few times the last few weeks. My dad passed away and on April 26 after the burial I stepped in a dip/hole and broke ankle x3 as well as dislocated it. In hospital a week had surgery now can't put a pound on it for 4-6 weeks. Ughhh having a tough time with 296 flames spreads fast!!

Phaedrakiki
05-10-14, 05:35 PM
Hi, so sorry to hear about all that (sending you a PM.) Good luck on 296, that was a tough one. I just did a lot of fast swiping, and a blaster + bomb combo finally wiped out the rest of the flames for me. (You know how when you do a big combo, and sometimes as the jewels fall in they create bonus matches...they gave me a "surprise win.") Hope you get lucky & pass very soon!