PDA

View Full Version : Food is gone after storing food counter

Seastripes
12-30-10, 12:18 AM
I accidentally store a counter with food on top of it and when i put a counter back, the food doesn't come with it.
Is that means my food's gone?

Unregistered
12-30-10, 12:38 AM
I accidentally store a counter with food on top of it and when i put a counter back, the food doesn't come with it.
Is that means my food's gone?

Sorry, it does. Your food is gone. But dont worry, most of us have done it. But I could bet that you wont do it again, I certainly have learned from the mistakes I have made. Happy baking.

Seastripes
12-30-10, 02:21 AM
Sorry, it does. Your food is gone. But dont worry, most of us have done it. But I could bet that you wont do it again, I certainly have learned from the mistakes I have made. Happy baking.

Ahhh that sucks :(
Thanks

Unregistered
12-31-10, 02:19 PM
What do u do if u run out of money and u don't have Anything except a cash register?

Unregistered
12-31-10, 05:27 PM
What do u do if u run out of money and u don't have Anything except a cash register?

Everyday you get an amount of money ranging from 1,000 - 10,000 dollars from daily winnings.

Unregistered
12-31-10, 05:44 PM
What do u do if u run out of money and u don't have Anything except a cash register?As in no tables or stove or oven???? How do you do that?

Unregistered
01-01-11, 10:25 AM
You should have a stove at least...you can get them out of storage, even if the food is missing. Go around and tip everyone you can find for about an hour. Most will tip you back and you can use that money to start cooking again.
If your tables are limited, keep clearing them often so ppl will have a place to leave tips. Try to make some neighbors...they can gift you food you can sell as well tip you.

Unregistered
01-19-11, 05:14 PM
I am in the same situation. I wanted to take a little time and redesign my bakery after a frustrating day at work. Now all of my food is gone because I stored the serving stations. This little glitch should written into the help section on the game so people understand before they loose thousands of servings of food.
So much for a fun relaxing time redesigning my bakery to take my mind off of a bad day. Now I'm even more aggravated.

Unregistered
01-19-11, 05:55 PM
Sorry to hear that but umm...isn't that just plain good sense? Of course your food gets thrown away if you store a counter. Food can be made again, at least you didn't lose gems like many others here.

Sapphirecat2
03-24-17, 08:11 PM
I have to say that trying to switch out counters is a little frustrating when you want to change your look. I wish there was a way that when you stored the counter the food automatically stored as well as opposed to disappearing. Then you could simply place it just like the cappuccino etc. Is there a way to do this that I'm just unaware of? If not, I would love to see that feature added. Also organizing your parts and food so it's easier to get to your food when you want it, that would be nice.

Rynetory2
03-24-17, 11:48 PM
Welcome to the forum. :)

I'm afraid we aren't able to store food. You can try cooking a new recipe which you don't have on an existing counter to make your duplicate recipes combine into 1 counter and free up counters, that is if you already have duplicate recipes on display.

IAmHipsfish
04-10-17, 07:23 AM
I changed the counters and all but a few items have disappeared. This hasn't happened before...help!

Rynetory2
04-10-17, 07:53 AM
Welcome to the forum. The food on your counters disappears when you store the counter. Try the suggestions in Post 2 to stack duplicate recipes or store your counters when they're empty to avoid losing food.

IAmHipsfish
04-10-17, 09:34 AM
Well that is insanity. I had over 1 million items that are now gone!

Rynetory2
04-12-17, 08:05 AM
Sorry to hear that. I am not sure if Support will be able to help but you can contact Support via support form (http://support.storm8.com/hc/en-us/requests/new) and check with them.

brittanyscar180
12-03-17, 09:01 PM
I stored my counters so i could purchase new ones, and now all my food that was on them is gone! Did it get thrown away? How can i retrieve my food? I had a TON of stuff on them and if i had known it would get thrown away if i stored the counters i wouldnt have. Please help me get my food back.

kooky panda
12-04-17, 11:31 AM
I am sorry, but when you store your counters, your food does not store, and you will not be able to get this food back.

EdiiLouise
12-04-17, 03:33 PM
I stored all my halloween counters with food on them and swapped them for christmas ones and kooky is right, food will disappear.

rukhalim
08-07-18, 11:00 AM
By mistake m stored my cherry oven ... now where i get this ???

kooky panda
08-07-18, 11:24 AM
By mistake m stored my cherry oven ... now where i get this ???
To retrieve your counter hit the Design button - hit 6th tab over. You will see appliances you have in storage- There is a red number bottom right hand corner showing how many you have in storage.
Tap that appliance and place it out.

Sammysimsville
09-24-18, 09:11 AM
Title says it all. Any ideas how I goofed? All I did was move a counter to a new position, after consolidating several counters by placing some gift food.

Rynetory2
09-24-18, 09:03 PM
Did you store your food counter by any chance? Storing the food counter will remove the food.

BobEdith
11-21-18, 05:59 AM
I'm redecorating my bakery and want new counters. I tried buying the new counter and storing 1 old counter I thought the food would transfer to the new empty counter but the food disappeared.

How can I change my counters but keep my food? Please help 😥

AnnirasSweets
11-21-18, 07:16 AM
Sadly, you cannot do this. As an avid decorator, I understand your pain but the only option is to let the food sell out from your current counters before storing them.

When I know I'm planning to remodel in the near future, I stop cooking (excluding goals if active) a few days to a week before (depending on the largest amount on my counters) and pack away my counters as they clear. At the moment, I'm waiting on my last 4 Thanksgiving counters to empty so I can replace them with Christmas counters. If they don't sell out in time, I'll set them off to the side or hide them amongst my ovens and decorate as planned. Once I have all my Christmas counters out, I'll start cooking my Christmas recipes to fill those and pack away the old counters as soon as they're clear.

Another tip is that I always have a LOT of counters, and try to keep the amount of food on them relatively low so that the process of clearing counters for remodels is easier. I've found that if I keep the counters to below 10,000 each that they clear in a few days tops. It may take a while to figure out what works best for you and your set up but with trial and error I'm sure you'll find your target ratio for counters to food in your bakery.

Good luck with your counters!

BobEdith
11-21-18, 07:30 AM
Thank you so much for your advice 💖
A little sad to hear this is the only way because it's taken some time to build up my servings but I sincerely appreciate your suggestions. I will start clearing out my current counters.

insipidis
11-21-18, 09:43 AM
I can agree. I was so shocked the first time when all the food disappeared.
Now I just place them one by one flat against the walls when redecorating, so I can see what I want to do with all the space.

TwixAndScones
11-22-18, 12:20 AM
Someone mention on here (no offence, I cannot remember who) but someone mention a sell all button on counters, (like selling all the food all together) it would save time, give you all your coins, instead of having to wait a very long time for all food to sale.

The last 4-5 day now, I still have over 32,000 plate of the -Sweet Potato Pie- and I have not cook anything since, besides goal related recipes. But even them are gone before the Pie. Anyway. It would be very beneficial to most, if there was a button to sell all your food.

So you can easily store counters to redecorate.
Or just to earn very fast coins.