PDA

View Full Version : Crater Crag - Levels 217 - 222

OpeningCeremony
05-28-13, 07:40 PM
Level 217... timed glass level with a lot of crates

http://i44.tinypic.com/fdd4l4.png

gotta move really fast. haven't gotten anywhere near close to passing it. but i think it'll just take some practice. these crates need to be broken 3x (you can tell by the # of visible planks)

Phaedrakiki
05-28-13, 08:08 PM
Dang, girl! You are flying thru those levels! Wow... :cool:

OpeningCeremony
05-28-13, 08:13 PM
Dang, girl! You are flying thru those levels! Wow... :cool:

I like your colors ;) well this one feels like a pit stop for now. Haven't made much progress but I haven't made any crazy combos yet. I'm just curious if there's anything new on this island :)

skeleton25
05-28-13, 08:14 PM
Hey I'm catching up ... On level 156 here lol

OpeningCeremony
05-28-13, 08:34 PM
Hey I'm catching up ... On level 156 here lol

I'm glad people are still playing. Seems like some give up. But on my other account I've been stuck on 174 forever ... Actually I've stopped trying and just give it a shot maybe once a day. I hope everyone gets passed that one. But you'll be in the fire levels soon :D

skeleton25
05-29-13, 06:20 AM
I'm glad people are still playing. Seems like some give up. But on my other account I've been stuck on 174 forever ... Actually I've stopped trying and just give it a shot maybe once a day. I hope everyone gets passed that one. But you'll be in the fire levels soon :D

yeah just reach my first fire level ive been stuck there now
gottta keep trying and find the trick

Phaedrakiki
05-29-13, 07:38 PM
I like your colors ;) (...)

Lol...I was just messing around with the new reply box layout~ ;)

thesacredphoenix
05-30-13, 11:16 AM
I found 217 to be much easier with the Diamond + Blaster combo followed by Blaster + Blaster extensions immediately following it. The Bomb + Blaster combination is really helpful near all the crates too.

Either way, you have to be fast, and although it is a Time level and not a Turn level, there isn't a lot of time to make extra matches.

thesacredphoenix
05-30-13, 11:19 AM
The level after it I was completely dreading given that my luck with Fire levels where the fire is in a hard to reach spot has been not so good in the past. I managed to get a Bomb + Blaster in just the right spot and beat it on the second try though! Currently on 219 and had the left and middle columns fire-less with one flame on the righthand one, and then it went downhill (and out of control >_>) from there.

aileeniweeni, managed to speed through 217 yet?

OpeningCeremony
05-30-13, 12:07 PM
The level after it I was completely dreading given that my luck with Fire levels where the fire is in a hard to reach spot has been not so good in the past. I managed to get a Bomb + Blaster in just the right spot and beat it on the second try though! Currently on 219 and had the left and middle columns fire-less with one flame on the righthand one, and then it went downhill (and out of control >_>) from there.

aileeniweeni, managed to speed through 217 yet?

no i keep getting really close (like one or two glass left) and needing like 5 more seconds or i get really bad boards with like just one match on the board that i have to search for. but ive been stuck :'(
not looking forward to the level after it given your description.

thesacredphoenix
05-30-13, 01:22 PM
Here's what 218 looks like:

The problem I normally have with these is that it's really difficult to get the vertical Blasters to the corners or the horizontal Blasters to the bottom. Everything considered, this one wasn't too bad, and the time frame seems fair. You do have to keep a brisk pace to unlock the locks in time since you can't extinguish the fire until the lock is gone. (Like chains can actually contain flames, haha)

thesacredphoenix
05-30-13, 01:26 PM
Whoa, that looks terrible. Let's try this:
http://i.imgur.com/0ao6dWP.png

thesacredphoenix
05-30-13, 01:28 PM
And here's 219 for those who are curious:

http://i.imgur.com/iAH7891.png

The problem I'm having is getting the Blaster + Bomb combinations over to where they need to be, because despite there being White blocks, the fire just eats right through those.

Phaedrakiki
05-30-13, 07:51 PM
no i keep getting really close (like one or two glass left) (...) but ive been stuck :'(
not looking forward to the level after it given your description.

Best of luck, Aileeniweeni! You'll pass it very soon...I just know it! :p

Good luck,
Phaedrakiki

Phaedrakiki
05-30-13, 07:55 PM
And here's 219 (...)

Nice photos, Phoenix--thanks! I also love your "Blaster + Bomb" colors... ;)

OpeningCeremony
05-31-13, 04:50 PM
Best of luck, Aileeniweeni! You'll pass it very soon...I just know it! :p

Good luck,
Phaedrakiki

thanks!!! i've passed 217 and 218, but i feel like i've lost my jewel mania mojo! hahah. i've gotten pretty close on 219, but not quite there yet. i hope you get past 162 soon so you can go back to playing full rounds and not having a doom jewel explode after 20 sec. hehe :p

thesacredphoenix
06-02-13, 12:27 AM
I was on 219 for a bit until I got lucky with a Bomb + Blaster two rows from the bottom and beat it with 14 turns left XD

Now I've been stuck on 220 for a day and a half, and only once was I anywhere close to beating it >_>

thesacredphoenix
06-02-13, 12:39 AM
And I'm sure it's not as good as aileeniweeni's normally is, but here's my attempt at putting a Digging Level on the forum! =P

http://i.imgur.com/0xgBrog.jpg

thesacredphoenix
06-02-13, 12:40 AM
By the way, it's incredibly difficult towards the end as it is narrow and requires explosive gems to get through. The Goal Line is especially tricky since there is little free space to maneuver gems. Again, and this seems to be the theme of the last 2 worlds, Bomb + Blaster combinations are your friends.

OpeningCeremony
06-02-13, 09:31 PM
i think i've got my jewel mania mojo back because i just blasted through a bunch of levels. so here come the pics!

Level 221... fire moves level with crates and white blocks

http://i42.tinypic.com/xqg6ly.png

just focus on breaking the crates so that you can start putting out the fire. i passed this with a bomb + blaster combo near the bottom. first move (in the picture above) i'd make is swiping the aqua colored jewels to break the crates. the fire won't eat through the crates, but will eat up the white blocks.

OpeningCeremony
06-02-13, 09:40 PM
Level 222... glass moves level with snakes and stone jewels

http://i40.tinypic.com/2wg63o2.png

the stone jewels make it tricky to break the glass and get rid of the snakes. but you need to **** all the snakes to get to expose all the glass. i tried to make blasters whenever possible to **** the snakes. also focused on eliminating stone jewels by turning them into a special jewel. that will really help to break all the glass since the glass cannot break if a stone jewel is in it. after i ****ed all the snakes, i found myself making plenty of bomb + blaster combos, but it didn't matter sometimes because stone jewels were blocking me from breaking the glass.

bye bye Crater Crag!!

OpeningCeremony
06-02-13, 09:41 PM
And I'm sure it's not as good as aileeniweeni's normally is, but here's my attempt at putting a Digging Level on the forum! =P

your picture looks great!! keep it up :p

finnth12
06-30-13, 03:27 AM
i think i've got my jewel mania mojo back because i just blasted through a bunch of levels. so here come the pics!

Level 221... fire moves level with crates and white blocks

http://i42.tinypic.com/xqg6ly.png

just focus on breaking the crates so that you can start putting out the fire. i passed this with a bomb + blaster combo near the bottom. first move (in the picture above) i'd make is swiping the aqua colored jewels to break the crates. the fire won't eat through the crates, but will eat up the white blocks.

I'm stuck here! Always not enough moves. :(

Phaedrakiki
07-01-13, 01:49 AM
Sorry you're stuck, finnth12! I'll prob have the same issue when I get there--hope they adjust it for you (us, lol!)

Level 117: 64 glass in 1:25 (5 JC's used.) Gotta move super fast on this one and do combos to make it. Start hitting (matching against) the crates right outta the gate...fast as you can! Passed using a diamond + blaster & blaster + bomb (& other specials, of course!) Then speedy swiping to wipe out the remaining...

Level 118: 18 fire in 1:35 (5 JC's used.) Wow, this level is really giving me a hard time. Of course, so did 117 and I eventually passed (actually that's a very old story, haha.) Not getting anywhere close on this one yet, and I've been at it all day. Just went thru 3rd round of energies. Ugh, these timed fire levels drive me crazy!

Phaedrakiki
07-01-13, 10:53 PM
Finally got thru 218--whew! This level started to seem pretty hopeless, cuz I never had time to fight fire by the time I got the lock & chain open. Really have to hurry on this one and do some combos to clear out lots of jewels (to make room for more of L&C color jewels and put out fire!) I finally got the L&C open a little before time ran out, and a beautiful blaster & bomb fell right next to each other at the bottom. Perfect luck! Switched 'em...and out went the flames!

Level 219: 10 fire in 30 moves (5 JC's.) Took several tries, but finally passed w/3 stars & 8 moves left. Got 3 diamonds (seem easier to create on this level,) and used them to extinguish some flames at the bottom. Combined the 3rd diamond with a bomb, which took out most of the remaining fire. Then did a couple final matches and poof!...fire's out!

Level 220: Dig 16 meters in 95 moves (5 JC's.) So happy playing at my own pace with no timer! :D Tried it once and only had 2 blocks left over...wonder if that was my lucky board? ;) The layout at the end is very tough, making this a fun, yet challenging level!

Phaedrakiki
07-02-13, 03:28 AM
Passed 220--lots of fun! Whew, that goal line is tricky! I used a bomb + blaster, but too high up and to left, so only got me to goal on one side. Luckily, I got a diamond after. Had a couple blue jewels next to the remaining dirt/bricks on right, so swapped the diamond w/blue. Even though I had like ten moves left after that, I couldn't dig beyond the goal, though. It's really tough! You need special jewels or the perfect layout to get thru. (Took me 3 or 4 tries...)

Level 221:12 fire in 30 moves (5 JC's.) Loving these moves levels, but this one is really tight! I'm kicking myself, I had a diamond drop down to bottom and a blaster next to it. But there were only two of the blaster's color (red) on the board. I decided to "waste" a move up top in hopes of getting more red jewels. The fire ate my blaster! Ugh...so stupid of me! Let this serve as a cautionary tale for anyone who thinks their special jewel might be safe just because there are other "options" for the fire to consume. I feel like a dummy--thought the fire only ate specials when there weren't regulars left in their path. Doh! That's also what I get for being greedy. I might've passed, but instead awaiting energy recharge. Oh well, I'm enjoying the level...and no timer! :D

finnth12
07-02-13, 09:41 AM
Sorry you're stuck, finnth12! I'll prob have the same issue when I get there--hope they adjust it for you (us, lol!)

Level 117: 64 glass in 1:25 (5 JC's used.) Gotta move super fast on this one and do combos to make it. Start hitting (matching against) the crates right outta the gate...fast as you can! Passed using a diamond + blaster & blaster + bomb (& other specials, of course!) Then speedy swiping to wipe out the remaining...

Level 118: 18 fire in 1:35 (5 JC's used.) Wow, this level is really giving me a hard time. Of course, so did 117 and I eventually passed (actually that's a very old story, haha.) Not getting anywhere close on this one yet, and I've been at it all day. Just went thru 3rd round of energies. Ugh, these timed fire levels drive me crazy!

Sorry, I'm on level 226 already, after you pass this level (221), the next several levels were easy. What I did was, I broke most of the crate in the middle, created bomb and blaster on the bottom and mixed bomb and blaster together, it would clear all the fire on the bottom. Good luck.

Phaedrakiki
07-02-13, 01:39 PM
Awesome! Congrat's on your advancement! :)

Gardienn
07-02-13, 05:10 PM
221--I was wondering where you were now. :)

Phaedrakiki
07-03-13, 01:33 AM
Still working on 221--always run out of moves! Can't get a blaster + bomb together low enough on the board to get all the fire. I've blown out most of it with combos a few times, but it always comes back from lack of good moves (or my moves just run out.) They don't give nearly enough on this level--waiting on a lucky board! At least there's no timer~ ;)

Phaedrakiki
07-03-13, 01:58 AM
Looking back at my prev post, I realize they've added 5 moves since I started playing. Haven't noticed a difference, though--still here, lol! Fingers crossed for a lucky board...need the special jewels/combos at the right time. It's been feast or famine--I either get nothing, or my blaster + bomb combo and a diamond at the same time! (Hate having to choose/waste one!) Just happened again on my last energy--got a diamond, two bombs and a blaster + bomb all grouped tight together. Took out all but one flame, but it was under a crate. By the time I got to it, 5 flames and moves all gone...

Gardienn
07-03-13, 08:02 AM
Maybe today's your day.

Phaedrakiki
07-03-13, 12:57 PM
It is! I passed 221, hehehe... ;) Finally got my combos in the right places at the right time...

Now I'm on Level 222: 60 glass in 35 moves. I've played twice and got pretty close both times, so it's just a matter if time 'til I'm done. Then I'm off to Abyssal Keep (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?52577-Abyssal-Keep-Levels-223-228)! Wow, it sure has been nice having all these moves levels in a row--love, Love, LOVE!

Phaedrakiki
07-03-13, 01:00 PM
Hey, I lost part of my message above! :confused: I was just saying, "Thank you," Gardienn! :) (Guess the auto-restore doesn't restore everything, lol!)

Phaedrakiki
07-03-13, 02:17 PM
(...) Level 222: 60 glass in 35 moves. (...)

Strike that--it's 50 glass in 35 moves (5JC.) I corrected it earlier, but I navigated away from the page to get the link to Abyssal Keep, and used the "auto restore" feature when I came back. It hadn't saved my changes or added content. Ooops!

Anyway, I passed 222 after a couple more tries. Only one star, so I'll come back cuz it was very fun! BTW, the snakes and stone jewels are always the same color, in the same order on this level (for some reason.) Obviously, the quicker you can **** the snakes and change/move the stone jewels...the more glass-clearing you'll be able to do. I was lining up a blaster to **** a snake, and noticed that the next move would be cool. I was able to **** a snake, convert a stone jewel, and create a diamond in one move. Don'tcha love moves like that? I know it's just a game, but I get a little excited...guess that's why I play! :p

VGailP
12-19-13, 06:08 PM
Finally got thru 218--whew! This level started to seem pretty hopeless, cuz I never had time to fight fire by the time I got the lock & chain open. Really have to hurry on this one and do some combos to clear out lots of jewels (to make room for more of L&C color jewels and put out fire!) I finally got the L&C open a little before time ran out, and a beautiful blaster & bomb fell right next to each other at the bottom. Perfect luck! Switched 'em...and out went the flames!

Level 219: 10 fire in 30 moves (5 JC's.) Took several tries, but finally passed w/3 stars & 8 moves left. Got 3 diamonds (seem easier to create on this level,) and used them to extinguish some flames at the bottom. Combined the 3rd diamond with a bomb, which took out most of the remaining fire. Then did a couple final matches and poof!...fire's out!

Level 220: Dig 16 meters in 95 moves (5 JC's.) So happy playing at my own pace with no timer! :D Tried it once and only had 2 blocks left over...wonder if that was my lucky board? ;) The layout at the end is very tough, making this a fun, yet challenging level!

218 is still hopeless to me..been on it forever..get down to one or 2 flames a few times but there is never a match ,bomb,blaster..nothing to help..then the flames are out of control again..been on it..seems like forever...another big sigh

Phaedrakiki
12-19-13, 09:36 PM
So sorry to hear that! I got very frustrated with 218 myself. I finally got the lucky board, though...so you will, too! (No doubt in my mind! ;)) Here's hoping your luck hits VERY soon! :)