PDA

View Full Version : Serpent Sanctuary - Levels 181 - 186

OpeningCeremony
05-11-13, 07:12 PM
Ran out of energy before I could test out level 181 (glass and moves level) but I see a new boost, which is a key as the icon and description says "Breaks open a lock in the chain!" So there must be a new feature on this island! :) can't wait to see what it is...

Phaedrakiki
05-11-13, 08:43 PM
Ran out of energy before I could test out level 181 (glass and moves level) but I see a new boost, which is a key as the icon and description says "Breaks open a lock in the chain!" So there must be a new feature on this island! :) can't wait to see what it is...

Cool! Updated yesterday, then went ahead & deleted/re-downloaded JM earlier today--been having "freezing" issues. Saw Lock and Chain listed in the version history, and wondered about it! Didn't know if it was something coming up soon (for me) that no one had mentioned, or if you (as a wonderfully helpful poster at the forum) hadn't reached it yet! Looks like I have my answer, lol! Congrats on making it to the new island...Good Luck!! ;)

thesacredphoenix
05-12-13, 01:59 AM
The Lock and Chain are kind of fun. Essentially there are locks that box in an area that you cannot match the jewels in or break any glass within until you've unlocked the lock. To do this, you match the corresponding colors. There are numbers on the locks that indicate how many jewels are required to unlock them.

I have a bit of a concern about the balancing of these levels though as the first level in the set has 35 turns and you have to match 36 Green Jewels to unlock the lock, and that's just to get the lock broken; you still have lots of glass to break. Hopefully they adjust this in the future as I find it rather turn-crunching, especially for the first level which is normally a "proof of concept" level.

Still fun though.

OpeningCeremony
05-12-13, 02:14 AM
I'm at level 182 and I have to adjust the way I think when I make matches! Since you have to rack up matches in specific colors and the board won't move down until you clear all the lock & chain. I'll write more about all this later. Just wanted to chime that in :)

And in 181... To make 36 green jewels matched that's probably an average of 12 moves minimum (36/3) but if you use a blaster and/or bomb and it clears out a green jewel, that will count too. I'll come back in the morning with more comments... Can't think anymore haha. I got really sleepy all of a sudden :)

thesacredphoenix
05-12-13, 02:15 AM
http://i.imgur.com/ddit2HX.jpg

Screenshot for those interested.

thesacredphoenix
05-12-13, 02:18 AM
Ahhh, I hadn't realized that the actual Blaster and Bomb formation counted as one as well. That definitely helps! They are pretty fun, I'm liking them! I'm sure they'll grow on me, much like the Snakes and the 4+ Unmatchable Jewels (which as first I found so difficult! haha).

Thanks for the tip!

Phaedrakiki
05-13-13, 01:34 PM
Screenshot for those interested.

Thanks--very cool & much appreciated! (Especially since its looking like I'll never get there... ;) )

OpeningCeremony
05-14-13, 12:33 AM
Notes on level 182... There are 5 jewel colors that you need to make matches to get the lock & chain to unlock. From top to bottom: area 1 is red and blue, area 2 is aqua and green, and area 3 is the purple color. Purple has the highest number with 150 and aqua and green are in the middle range and blue and red have the least. But in order to dig down and have the board move, you need to clear the sections by the order I wrote above: area 1, then 2, then 3. However, since you need to clear out 150 purple jewels over the course of the level, my main target when I'm making matches is purple. In the beginning, any color match you make is good because it'll count for all the locked areas. But you need to start early with purple matches or else by the time you get to that region, you won't have enough time to make enough purple matches.
Since the level is timed, just make matches anywhere on the board and I didn't even bother focusing on digging down, but just getting enough colored matches.

Level 183 is a similar concept as level 182, but its not timed and you get 125 moves to dig 18 meters. At the very bottom you'll see 240 purple and 192 aqua, so those will be the colors to focus on. The best thing is to create special jewels and make combos to blast out big areas of jewels. If you get a diamond, try to combine it with a bomb or blaster. Diamond and bomb combo is probably the best combo for these levels.

Level 184 is a timed glass level (2:25) and all the glass is locked up in 3 tiers of chains. 1st tier is 36 red, 2nd is 72 yellow, and 3rd tier is 144 blue. I'll probably use the same strategy as above.

OpeningCeremony
05-14-13, 08:43 PM
Level 185... this is a moves and fire level, take out 24 flames within 40 moves. there are 3 rows of flames at the bottom and each row is encircled by a lock & chain. 1st row is 18 purple, 2nd row is 36 blue, and bottom 3rd row is 72 aqua. I am not sure if the colors change with each try, but the #s of each color is definitely the same each time. There is a row of crates on top of the 3 rows of fire that is chained up. strategy is to focus on the highest # of color to make matches, in this example i'd focus on aqua. try to create special jewels whenever you can, even if it's not one of the colors in the lock & chain. because when you use a blaster/bomb/diamond, it takes out a big number of jewels and is usually more beneficial than creating a match of just 3 jewels. level isn't too bad.

Level 186... timed fire level. 1:30 on the clock and there are two columns of fire that is bound up by the lock & chain on the left side and the same two columns on the right side. My first try i had 72 purple and 36 red in the two columns (both on the left & right). so when you make matches it will count for both sides... meaning you don't have to get rid of 144 purple jewels, but just 72 purple jewels. i know for sure that the colors in the columns will change from round to round, because on my 2nd try the colors were different, but the count was the same. in the center of the board are some white blocks that sit on top of the flames, but some get quickly eaten up by the flames because the fire spreads really really fast in this level. main strategy: move very fast and create special jewels. try to make your moves next to the fire so you can extinguish them, but just make matches anywhere that you can since the level is timed.

OpeningCeremony
06-03-13, 03:06 PM
Notes on level 182... There are 5 jewel colors that you need to make matches to get the lock & chain to unlock. From top to bottom: area 1 is red and blue, area 2 is aqua and green, and area 3 is the purple color. Purple has the highest number with 150 and aqua and green are in the middle range and blue and red have the least. But in order to dig down and have the board move, you need to clear the sections by the order I wrote above: area 1, then 2, then 3. However, since you need to clear out 150 purple jewels over the course of the level, my main target when I'm making matches is purple. In the beginning, any color match you make is good because it'll count for all the locked areas. But you need to start early with purple matches or else by the time you get to that region, you won't have enough time to make enough purple matches.
Since the level is timed, just make matches anywhere on the board and I didn't even bother focusing on digging down, but just getting enough colored matches.

gonna go back and post some pics of levels i neglected to post. so the times or # of moves might not match up with my previous description.

Level 182... timed digging level with lock & chain

http://i1364.photobucket.com/albums/r738/aileeniweeni/ce159cbd-d20a-4e94-a115-5816fc5954f5_zpsec1d471f.jpg
http://i1364.photobucket.com/albums/r738/aileeniweeni/d334cf38-c1e5-412c-b835-05f5a954544d_zps6d56db61.jpg
http://i1364.photobucket.com/albums/r738/aileeniweeni/160e9f92-fc4d-427a-888f-663236ac10ee_zpsa75be458.jpg

OpeningCeremony
06-03-13, 03:19 PM
Level 183 is a similar concept as level 182, but its not timed and you get 125 moves to dig 18 meters. At the very bottom you'll see 240 purple and 192 aqua, so those will be the colors to focus on. The best thing is to create special jewels and make combos to blast out big areas of jewels. If you get a diamond, try to combine it with a bomb or blaster. Diamond and bomb combo is probably the best combo for these levels.

Level 183... digging moves level with lock & chain

http://i1364.photobucket.com/albums/r738/aileeniweeni/75ff6e96-0dea-4408-866e-0b173b43ca11_zpsa7e0cd68.jpg
http://i1364.photobucket.com/albums/r738/aileeniweeni/a193040a-7c89-49c5-b464-2e66b1fd7c9f_zps59483426.jpg
http://i1364.photobucket.com/albums/r738/aileeniweeni/319cb946-d621-443d-95d3-e0050262a0e8_zpsd492bf02.jpg
http://i1364.photobucket.com/albums/r738/aileeniweeni/0761615f-12b6-4b9d-adef-c4b4e4e08c00_zpsd38ce77b.jpg

OpeningCeremony
06-03-13, 03:22 PM
Level 184 is a timed glass level (2:25) and all the glass is locked up in 3 tiers of chains. 1st tier is 36 red, 2nd is 72 yellow, and 3rd tier is 144 blue. I'll probably use the same strategy as above.

Level 184... timed glass level with lock & chain

http://i40.tinypic.com/2us7ndg.png

looks like the moves and times have been increased from before

OpeningCeremony
06-03-13, 03:27 PM
Level 185... this is a moves and fire level, take out 24 flames within 40 moves. there are 3 rows of flames at the bottom and each row is encircled by a lock & chain. 1st row is 18 purple, 2nd row is 36 blue, and bottom 3rd row is 72 aqua. I am not sure if the colors change with each try, but the #s of each color is definitely the same each time. There is a row of crates on top of the 3 rows of fire that is chained up. strategy is to focus on the highest # of color to make matches, in this example i'd focus on aqua. try to create special jewels whenever you can, even if it's not one of the colors in the lock & chain. because when you use a blaster/bomb/diamond, it takes out a big number of jewels and is usually more beneficial than creating a match of just 3 jewels. level isn't too bad.

Level 185... fire moves level with lock & chain and crates

http://i42.tinypic.com/2q16reu.png

so based on this picture, i'd focus on making matches of purple, then green, then blue. once blue opens up, try to get rid of all the exposed fire so that it doesn't get out of control. so you have to break through the crates to get access to the fire.

i started posting the fire pics from my other account since i don't have to do any cropping :)

OpeningCeremony
06-03-13, 03:30 PM
Level 186... timed fire level. 1:30 on the clock and there are two columns of fire that is bound up by the lock & chain on the left side and the same two columns on the right side. My first try i had 72 purple and 36 red in the two columns (both on the left & right). so when you make matches it will count for both sides... meaning you don't have to get rid of 144 purple jewels, but just 72 purple jewels. i know for sure that the colors in the columns will change from round to round, because on my 2nd try the colors were different, but the count was the same. in the center of the board are some white blocks that sit on top of the flames, but some get quickly eaten up by the flames because the fire spreads really really fast in this level. main strategy: move very fast and create special jewels. try to make your moves next to the fire so you can extinguish them, but just make matches anywhere that you can since the level is timed.

Level 186... timed fire level with lock & chain

http://i44.tinypic.com/2v26tlc.png

holy smokes! the fire moves so fast so i had to capture a shot with the "GO!" on the screen. otherwise the flames engulf the bottom white blocks immediately. but i think you get the drift of how the level works based on the picture. went from 1:30 to 2:15.. not bad

OpeningCeremony
06-03-13, 03:54 PM
Found an old screenshot of level 181.

Level 181... glass moves level with lock & chain

Here is the tutorial for the Lock & Chain feature:

http://i39.tinypic.com/b6boz5.png

http://i39.tinypic.com/2zp4a3b.png

http://i40.tinypic.com/4tvtxv.png

Phaedrakiki
06-10-13, 12:53 AM
Just played level 181--lots of fun! 30 moves to clear 32 glass (5 JC's.) The new lock and chain feature is very enjoyable, at least on this "easy level", lol. I was able to make a few diamonds, 2 right next to each other. So, once my chain was unlocked, I swapped 'em & cleared most of the glass (some of it's double...) Then I swapped a diamond + blaster--fun stuff! Now, another stinkin' timed level. Hope I can do the lock & chain under pressure, lol! :confused:

Phaedrakiki
06-10-13, 01:07 AM
Omg, I didn't even get close on Level 182. You're supposed to dig 11 meters in 2:05 (used to be 3:45--and that's how much time I need...at least, lol!) 5 jewel colors used (5 JC's.) I only got 4 meters down, just barely getting one of the 90-chain locks undone. Gonna def have to adjust my thinking here. Wow, lock & chain's harder than I thought!

Phaedrakiki
06-10-13, 01:36 AM
I concentrated on just making matches like crazy, especially the bottom 3 colors. But it seems impossible! I did some blaster+bomb combos and made 2 diamonds (fun swapping a diamond with a color you're targeting for a lock!) So I made it to 7 meters. What's it gonna take to get to 11 in 2 min.? Recharging...

Phaedrakiki
06-11-13, 02:14 AM
Ahhh...finally passed level 182! That one was crazy--I was swiping like a mad-woman! The jewels were flying all over the place, combos exploding & all sorts of things going on, and I still barely made it. Only one star, too. I'm just glad I'm through! (For now...I'll try to boost my score later~)

So then I played Level 183. Dig 18 meters in 155 moves (5 JC's used.) The moves have been adjusted on this one, too. Was 195, then reduced to 125. The lock & chain was a lot easier to do on this one (maybe because I could take my time, lol--did I ever mention I dislike timed levels?) I passed it the first time. Not sure if I got a lucky board, or if that's just the nature of this level. Regardless, it was very enjoyable!!

Now I'm on Level 184: 24 glass in 2:50 (5 JC's.) Of course, there's lock & chain as already described. And again, they've adjusted the time--was 2:25, then 3:20. I like the sound of 3:20 over 2:50! ;) It's funny, when you focus on clearing certain colors, you think the other colors would build up. But because they're plentiful, they often just match themselves! Still trying to get used to this different way of playing...but it's fun! I've got one energy to try it--here goes~ :p

Phaedrakiki
06-11-13, 02:24 AM
Hmm, on 184, it's hard to make matches! Not sure why, but I spent a lot of time looking for "the only match" & then the screen reshuffled. Not a good thing when you're trying to make a gazillion red/yellow/blue matches! I made it through the first two chains, but still had quite a few blue to go when the timer ran out. Hope it was just a bad round...and not the nature of this beast! ;) (I'm not looking for another troublesome timed level!)

OpeningCeremony
06-11-13, 10:51 AM
(...)
So then I played Level 183. Dig 18 meters in 155 moves (5 JC's used.) The moves have been adjusted on this one, too. Was 195, then reduced to 125. (...)

so level 183 was originally 125 (when i first got there) and then it was increased to 195. so i guess 195 was too much, so they reduced it to 155 as you say. the picture i posted was when i went back after i had passed it long ago. just to clarify (not that it probably matters.. lol)

and when you look at the pic of an example of level 184, notice how there are barely any blue on the board and that's the lock color with the highest count!! no wonder you're having a hard time with those matches. but i think the lock & chain feature is one of the more fun ones. makes you readjust your gameplay, which makes it more interesting.

Phaedrakiki
06-11-13, 02:46 PM
Yeah, I got the "125 moves" info from your original post when you 1st did the level. Assumed the photo you posted last week had to be from when you went back (alternate account or 3-star attempt.) I was just showing that most of these recent levels have had lots of adjustments made!

I agree that the lock and chain is a interesting challenge, and I'm enjoying it. But I'm not fond of most timed levels, and there have been a few more (on average) lately, at least it seems that way. So more complaining on my part, lol! You're right about the blue on level 184. There were several times I couldn't find a single blue match. I had "blue, blue" in my head, but none on screen! And as I said before, sometimes no matches at all (reshuffling.) I haven't been able to do many combos yet, though. If I get a board with those opportunities, it should help "refill" the board (with blue jewels, please!) ;)

Phaedrakiki
06-11-13, 07:05 PM
Finally passed level 184. Yay! Not sure how...I think I finally got a round with more blue/"bottom color" jewels pumped in. Prior to that, I had a couple rounds where I did some combos (blaster + bomb, etc.,) but it wasn't enough. I still needed more blue jewels to expose that last glass to clear. Finally, I got that lock open & broke the glass! The screen was flashing the last seconds...& my hands were shaking so bad! Only one star--I'm gonna get stuck on an island soon, with all these 1-star ratings lately from hateful timed levels! Anyway, what a relief to win...and get that lucky board! :)

Level 185 was challenging, but so much fun! Took me a few tries, but I passed. It's a fire level: 24 in 45 moves (5 JC's.) Adjustments made again--it was 40 moves a month ago, 60 last week! (60 prob was too many.) I tried to keep the fire under control, making sure I had some special jewels lined up each time I unlocked one of the tiers (or broke crates, at the beginning.) They are, of course, faster at clearing fire & reducing the lock & chain (L&C) jewel counts. Very fun level! It's pretty easy to make special jewels & do combos on 185. I think I did a diamond + blaster twice during the round I passed...

Now I'm on Level 186, and the fire spreads crazy-fast! 2:00 to put out 22 flames (5 JC's used.) I think I got the final locks undone by the end, but the fire wasn't close to controlled. So this will need lots of tries, no doubt. Ugh, I'm so tired of all these timed levels! The moves levels are so fun--the only reason I keep playing... They've played with the time a little on this one, too. From 1:30 back on 5/15/13, to 2:15 on 6/3, to a 15-second reduction a week later. I need those extra seconds, cuz this level is tough & stressful, IMHO!) ;)

Phaedrakiki
06-11-13, 10:23 PM
Omg, 186 is impossible! I've said it before, but I really think this is gonna be the end! It's not even really the lock & chain--it's the fire! It spreads so fast, I can't manage it. I did a blaster + bomb combo, followed by a diamond swapped w/red jewel to set off a blaster. But there's always one flame left which quickly spreads. It would be nice if I could put the first group of fire out, then unleash the next group of chained-up flames. Maybe that would give me a better shot. But applying any strategy takes time, and that's lacking here. Plus, I'm not even getting the "outer" L&C open. I think I opened it the first time, just as my time was up. But I'm not sure, but I certainly haven't been able to do it again. Ugh, hate this level!

Phaedrakiki
06-12-13, 09:49 PM
Cant believe it--passed 186! They added some time to it (up to 2:36--random!, and later to 3:00.) Good thing, or I don't know if I would've made it! It took another 5/6 rounds after the increases, so it's still extremely challenging. I think a very lucky board helped me pass, too. I did 4 or 5 blaster + bomb combos, a diamond + bomb, a diamond + blaster, plus solo diamonds & other specials. Got 3 stars, which I needed, lol! You really can't let your fingers rest on this level; the fire moves soooo fast! One other thing I did was make sure I began with a horizontal match against the ice blocks. (Or I restarted the level.) Making this move changes the ice blocks to the matched-jewel color, which clears them instantly, & helps with the fire right away. You really don't want to lose control of the fire, lol!

Well, heading off to Highfall Palace (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?51763-Highfall-Palace-Levels-187-192) now. Good luck to you!

mlovel
06-15-13, 10:33 AM
Oh my gosh 186 is ****ing me!!!! I love the lock and chain, but I hate fire, especially when it comes to a timed level!! :mad:

pastasplace
06-16-13, 12:15 PM
I'm up to 184, and I really like the chain levels! I'm not looking forward to the chain and fire ones though..

I've really enjoyed them so far, I've taken a different approach to the digging down ones, I aim to prioritise the colour that needs clearing to get down, and once I've "done" that chain colour, I try to ignore it for the rest of the game. But yes, if all else fails, I aim for purple o get the count of the largest chain lock down!

I'm finding 184 confusing though, as he gems with the numbers in have two colours to them - the colour of the gem, and colour needed to unlock that chain. They should just make the gem all one colour. I'm not colour blind... Just easily confused, with a really bad memory... I have to keep repeating the colour I'm aiming for under my breath!

pastasplace
06-16-13, 10:54 PM
Ok, I've changed my tactic for level 184, and am aiming to make matches with the dark blue (for me, that's the colour with the highest number of matches needed)... I'm routinely still needing between 30-50 more jewels cleared of the blue by the time the timer runs out. And that when I'm focussing on just that inner colour!

Grrr....

pastasplace
06-17-13, 12:36 AM
Also, 184 is down to 2mins 35secs now... I think I could manage it in 3:20, possibly even 2:50, but not 2:35!

I'll try and stop who being now!

Phaedrakiki
06-17-13, 02:20 AM
Wow, I can't imagine why they would reduce the time on 184. It was still very challenging at 2:50, at least IMHO... That one took me awhile, so you're not alone pastasplace! And I don't think they give you enough blue jewels (or whatever "middle color".) You basically have to get very lucky & do lots of big combos that clear huge amounts of jewels at once. Not sure if 184 was one of them, but on some of the timed L & C levels, I didn't even focus on a color. I keep "blue" in mind, of course. But since there were so few blue jewels, I just made whatever matches I can (towards the bottom--so I get bonus matches above.) Try just making matches as fast as you can, aiming for special jewels & combos. See if that helps. Regardless of strategy...stick with it, and you'll eventually get a board where you can do 3 blaster + bombs (or diamonds, etc.) in quick succession. But they also need to give you those seconds back--not fair!

Good luck! :)

pastasplace
06-17-13, 08:00 AM
Thanks Phaedrakiki! I finally managed to finish it - with 19 seconds to spare!! I genuinely don't know how though, the last bit went so very very quickly for me... Some blasters and some bombs dropped down at the very end, and cleared the last glass bits in no time. I genuinely don't know how I managed it.

185- I've had one go at so far (I've run out of energy now) it looks like it might be doable - even though there's fire involved! Although the number of turns seems a bit slim again.

Phaedrakiki
06-17-13, 01:14 PM
Hurray, pastasplace! :D So glad you beat it--it's tough being stuck on those timed ones (no fun!) You'll probably pass 185 quickly. It wasn't bad for a fire level. I thought the moves were "tight" but sufficient. (Just have to play a few rounds to get the right layout.) Good luck!

pastasplace
06-17-13, 03:12 PM
Level 185 is currently 40 moves. I think that's a bit on the slim side again... 45 moves with the right layout would be doable, 40 moves is going to take a really long time to nail it.

I guess if I take long enough about it, they'll have upped the move count again!

Gardienn
06-17-13, 07:59 PM
Level 185 in 2:35 seconds is not happening. It might be enough time, but it's not enough time to match that many blue gems. I'm thoroughly frustrated, and I'm a fast matcher most of the time. I keep having single digit blues left when the clock expires, forget the glass tiles.

TeamLava, you need to bump this time back up, or lower the blue quota!

pastasplace
06-17-13, 11:26 PM
Gardienn - I agree! 2:35 on 184 is definitely too little time to be able to clear it with a certain level of s****, rather than complete luck.

I've really been enjoying these levels - or I would if I felt they were doable on my own merits...

Level 185 - 40 moves is way too few... Bearing in mind you have to clear 142 jewels of specific colours - if each move cleared three gems, that's 42 moves right there, never mind about clearing the crates (although they tend to clear themselves) or the fire! I know that there'll be some special jewels or a combo, or incidental colour matches that drop down that might clear more than three in one go, but there are also times when the only swap you can make is one that isn't a colour match to the required colours...

It stops what is essentially a really fun game into a frustration.

Gardienn
06-18-13, 09:56 AM
OK--I got through level 184 and conclude that the strategy to get through all those chained gems, particularly the 240 count of blue at the end, is to focus on clearing blue right from the beginning and going as fast as you can, not trying to hit blaster/bomb combos or get diamonds. They'll come, but honed focus on blue and fast are keys.

Now, if I can get through 185...

pastasplace
06-18-13, 12:31 PM
Congrats Gardienn!

They've upped the number of moves on 185 now - it's 60 moves, which is lovely! I've just completed it twice (the second time so I could see how many moves they switched it to) first time I had 10 moves left over, second time 9 moves left.

Hope you're successful too!

Phaedrakiki
06-18-13, 01:23 PM
Congrat's Gradienn & pastasplace! :D

Gardienn
06-18-13, 09:53 PM
My level 185 is still 40 moves and that's not been happening either. :(

Wait... just force closed and restarted. It's now 52 moves. I guess I'll see how that goes...

Gardienn
06-18-13, 10:01 PM
I think 52 is the right amount. It is challenging but still beatable. Thank goodness. 40 moves was impossible to clear the board. On to 186.

Gardienn
06-18-13, 10:04 PM
Just 3-starred 186 first try. Sweet. Hello Highfall Palace island. :)

pastasplace
06-18-13, 11:44 PM
Wow! Well done Gardienn!

186 is back down to 2:00 minutes at the moment. Is interesting how much they're fiddling with the time on this one - going by previous posts.

The fire moves so so quickly!!

pastasplace
06-19-13, 01:05 AM
Done! Three stars and 22 seconds to spare! I got a couple diamonds, which I just attached with whoever was next to them, and I managed one bomb/blaster combo, which really helped a lot.

Phaedrakiki
06-19-13, 08:55 AM
Yay, pastasplace! :D

Gardienn
06-19-13, 12:25 PM
Great job, Pasta. I'm stuck on 187 now. :)

OpeningCeremony
06-19-13, 12:30 PM
wooo! full speed ahead you guys :D

jconstilts
06-25-13, 05:38 AM
185 back to 40 moves....impossible! :confused:

VGailP
10-01-13, 05:50 PM
Cant believe it--passed 186! They added some time to it (up to 2:36--random!, and later to 3:00.) Good thing, or I don't know if I would've made it! It took another 5/6 rounds after the increases, so it's still extremely challenging. I think a very lucky board helped me pass, too. I did 4 or 5 blaster + bomb combos, a diamond + bomb, a diamond + blaster, plus solo diamonds & other specials. Got 3 stars, which I needed, lol! You really can't let your fingers rest on this level; the fire moves soooo fast! One other thing I did was make sure I began with a horizontal match against the ice blocks. (Or I restarted the level.) Making this move changes the ice blocks to the matched-jewel color, which clears them instantly, & helps with the fire right away. You really don't want to lose control of the fire, lol!

Well, heading off to Highfall Palace (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?51763-Highfall-Palace-Levels-187-192) now. Good luck to you!

Lol, and of course by the time I finally get to 186 it isn't 3:00, 2:36, ....it is only 1:20! Sigh! TL hates me! Lol

Phaedrakiki
10-02-13, 01:04 AM
(...) Level 186 (...) 2:00 to put out 22 flames (5 JC's used.) (...) They've played with the time a little on this one, too. From 1:30 back on 5/15/13, to 2:15 on 6/3, to a 15-second reduction a week later. (...)

Cant believe it--passed 186! They added some time to it (up to 2:36--random!, and later to 3:00.) (...)

Lol, and of course by the time I finally get to 186 it isn't 3:00, 2:36, ....it is only 1:20! Sigh! TL hates me! Lol

It's not you Gail, although I'm sure it feels like it. I know the feeling--had the same issue on several islands when I'd read other player's game stats a month or two later (and they's taken away time/moves.) I'm so sorry! They've fiddled with the time on this particular level more than most I've seen. And 1:20 is the lowest amount I've heard of--I don't get it! C'mon, Team Lava! You've got begging and pleading from multiple players about the timer on level 186! You had plenty of reasons to increase it--why would you reduce it now to an all-time low?

VGailP
10-02-13, 03:23 PM
It's not you Gail, although I'm sure it feels like it. I know the feeling--had the same issue on several islands when I'd read other player's game stats a month or two later (and they's taken away time/moves.) I'm so sorry! They've fiddled with the time on this particular level more than most I've seen. And 1:20 is the lowest amount I've heard of--I don't get it! C'mon, Team Lava! You've got begging and pleading from multiple players about the timer on level 186! You had plenty of reasons to increase it--why would you reduce it now to an all-time low?

Hi Kiki! Mine is still at 1:20. Right when I get going it is over,lol. Btw..I hate to admit on that level 178 that we were discussing the last time we "talked" I ended up "buying" my way thru it..I stayed on it for weeks and it was impossible for me,I finally ended up hitting the buy 5 for 33 gold like SIX times just so I could finally pass it! So ridiculous! But I got 3 stars,haha!
I really don't get why they lower the time by this much on these harder levels making it impossible without buying gold. We'll i do get why they do it..lol. I wouldn't even mind buying if it wasn't such a ridiculous amount charged.

Phaedrakiki
10-02-13, 05:54 PM
Wow, I checked and my level 186 is also at 1:20. That's so short, especially when so many players have complained about it. I don't understand this at all. They also removed 2 of the ice/white blocks. I'm not sure if that helps or not. When I played, I'd "shop around" for boards that had a flat (horizontal) match against the ice, so it would color change and then auto-clear. This would put out some flames, and give a little head-start. But you can't do that now. The ice is currently just an obstacle, and doesn't hold the fire back for even a second. However you look at it, they've made the level overly difficult, imho. :( Please, Team Lava--add some time to 186 so players have a chance!!!

I feel so bad for you, VGail! After being stuck on 178 for so long (and now this!) No worries about "buying" your way thru. I eventually had to do it, too (and still do it occasionally--I feel guilty so I always 'fess up here, in my confessional, lol!) No one could blame you doing whatever it takes, esp. after all those weeks! I know what you mean about the gold/more time button--definitely pricey! I'm going to keep my fingers crossed that someone will listen and add time to this level for you. There must be others having the same problem--it really makes no sense!

Please, TL--add some time to level 186!

Phaedrakiki
10-02-13, 05:57 PM
Hi Kiki! Mine is still at 1:20. Right when I get going it is over,lol. Btw..I hate to admit on that level 178 that we were discussing the last time we "talked" I ended up "buying" my way thru it..I stayed on it for weeks and it was impossible for me,I finally ended up hitting the buy 5 for 33 gold like SIX times just so I could finally pass it! So ridiculous! But I got 3 stars,haha!
I really don't get why they lower the time by this much on these harder levels making it impossible without buying gold. We'll i do get why they do it..lol. I wouldn't even mind buying if it wasn't such a ridiculous amount charged.

Oops, my post above is in response to this quote. (Didn't "reply with quote" since I was the next poster, but forgot it could wrap to next page!) Sorry!

VGailP
10-02-13, 08:28 PM
Oops, my post above is in response to this quote. (Didn't "reply with quote" since I was the next poster, but forgot it could wrap to next page!) Sorry!

...and as if I needed another game,I started candy mania a few days ago,lol. I see jewels bubbles and candy in my sleep :-)

VGailP
10-03-13, 05:10 AM
Wow, I checked and my level 186 is also at 1:20. That's so short, especially when so many players have complained about it. I don't understand this at all. They also removed 2 of the ice/white blocks. I'm not sure if that helps or not. When I played, I'd "shop around" for boards that had a flat (horizontal) match against the ice, so it would color change and then auto-clear. This would put out some flames, and give a little head-start. But you can't do that now. The ice is currently just an obstacle, and doesn't hold the fire back for even a second. However you look at it, they've made the level overly difficult, imho. :( Please, Team Lava--add some time to 186 so players have a chance!!!

I feel so bad for you, VGail! After being stuck on 178 for so long (and now this!) No worries about "buying" your way thru. I eventually had to do it, too (and still do it occasionally--I feel guilty so I always 'fess up here, in my confessional, lol!) No one could blame you doing whatever it takes, esp. after all those weeks! I know what you mean about the gold/more time button--definitely pricey! I'm going to keep my fingers crossed that someone will listen and add time to this level for you. There must be others having the same problem--it really makes no sense!

Please, TL--add some time to level 186!

They put it at 2:00 and I finally beat it with 3stars!

Phaedrakiki
10-03-13, 05:00 PM
They put it at 2:00 and I finally beat it with 3stars!
Woo-hoo! Congratulations! Btw, I'm dreaming about candy, too. ;) (Couldn't resist trying out the new game, as well. Been at it a few days now...) :p

koetsub
03-08-14, 08:57 AM
I see I'm going to be a LONG time trying to beat 184. There just aren't enough blue jewel matches to break the last lock; there are usually just about 4 or 5 of them all over the place. I run out of time with about 40+ blue jewels to go; this is with 20-30 attempts.

Phaedrakiki
03-08-14, 08:19 PM
Yeah, 184 is a tough one, but at least they brought the clock back up! (They had lowered it to 2 min-something for awhile there.) You have to make lots of combos on this one to clear large amounts of jewels. Blaster + bomb, diamond + bomb, or diamond + blaster are all great for this. And remember, you don't have to wait for a combo to finish to make more moves/matches...keep moving!

Also, as a little "head start," make sure you start with a board with lots of blue jewels. No use spending lots of time clearing a board with only 5 blues (for example.) Restart the level if you aren't given many blues to start the round. Good luck!